Kik is one of the most popular instant messaging apps released back in 2010. It records millions of daily active users from all around the world.
The popularity behind Kik is because of its features, which allow users to send and receive messages, stickers, pictures, GIFs, Emojis, Memes, Meet new people, and many more.
Not only that, but the users can also play games with friends and go live on the app.
Sometimes, when Kik is Not Working because of some issues, this article may help you diagnose and solve the issue.
Despite all these good features, Kik also has drawbacks such as a slow user interface, crashing, bugs and errors,s and other frequent technical issues.
The problem started after a new update, which was back in 2016. The company said they had solved the issues, but many users were still having trouble with Kik messenger.
So, if you are one of them, then calm down because we have given some helpful tips to fix your problems when Kik is not working, is not opening, and keeps stopping.
If Kik is not working on your device, check your internet connection, restart the Kik app, clear the Kik cache, or restart your device.
However, if the problem is in the app itself, then either update the Kik app or reinstall it from the app store.
Is It Safe To Use Kik?
Kik messenger is the most sensational app among teenagers, especially in Canada and the United States.
People can register on Kik without using a phone number.
That is why Kik is considered the most famous “anonymous chat messaging” app.
Users can talk to anyone from all around the world without revealing their real identities.
Kik allows people above 13 years old to use the application.
So it is common to find users below 18 years on this app.
Due to this, there is a controversy that Kik has been involved in numerous child abuse and activities of sexual exploitation.
So, we cannot say that Kik is quite a safe app for teenagers who are prone to be exploited and are gullible.
Moreover, after Kik introduced the Meet New People feature, it became even easier for users to have private conversations with strangers.
In this case, many people share their private information such as photos, videos, and personal data while talking to strangers.
This leads to the misuse of private information.
Furthermore, not every person you meet on Kik is good; some of them may have bad intentions and could be using Kik to scam and loot people.
Besides, Kik itself has said that it doesn’t share any user’s personal information with others.
All the messages that are sent or received by the users get deleted from its server.
They also state that they are constantly working on improving the privacy and safety measures on the app so that the user can feel secure.
This is a good sign for Kik users.
However, we still do not recommend that you share any of your personal information that can put you in a dangerous situation. Except for this, it is a fun app to use.
Reported Issues On Kik Not Working
Kik is a famous messaging app, but the app’s growth is gradually declining over the years.
That’s because of the lack of security for a user’s privacy and the frustrating errors and issues in the application leading to Kik not working properly.
Not every user is facing the same issues on the app; it differs from one user to another.
For example, some are having a difficult time while using the account (inside the app) during registration, and others are due to Kik’s server.
But here are the most common issues reported by Kik users. Have a little look.
- Kik Login Failed And.
- Can’t register a new account.
- Failed to deliver a message.
- Cannot open the videos and photos which friends sent.
- The application constantly crashes without any reason.
- Taking too much time to deliver a message.
- Kik is not sending messages.
- Keeps freezing while searching for a new friend or someone’s profile.
- Notifications are on but not getting notified properly the way they used to.
- Unable to properly change both profile and background pictures.
- Stuck on the way while responding to incoming messages.
- Can’t access some of the devices.
Why Kik Not Working Today [Current Status and Problems]
If Kik is not working due to the above-listed issues, there could be many reasons why your Kik application is not working properly.
Kik verges on shutting down its messaging app despite having millions of active users so that it could focus more on its Kin Cryptocurrency field.
You can see notifications like “oops, something went wrong” or “there was a problem with your Kik app.”
The company might have stopped working further on Kik, which could be one of the main reasons the app has issues.
Whatever the reason might be, we are going to help you fix problems related to Kik not working on your iPhone/Android/PC/Mac with a few simple tips in the section below.
So, make sure to follow all of the methods to fix your problem when Kik is not working on your mobile devices (Android/IOS).
Steps To Fix The Problems If Kik Is Not Working
We have mentioned a few methods that you can use to fix the problems on Kik when the application is not working properly.
Method 1: Check Your Internet Connection
The Internet is an essential component of running any social networking app. So, make sure that your device’s internet connection is quite stable.
If your Wi-Fi connection is poor or is not strong, then the Kik app will not open. You cannot run the app smoothly or use its features.
Check your internet speed; if you find it’s not good enough, then you can use your mobile data or switch to another Wi-Fi network.
If it’s not quite possible, then restart your Wi-Fi router.
Press the small button on the back of the router beside the Ethernet port, leave it for 10 seconds and restart it.
Method 2: Restart The Application
In case the Internet connection is not the issue, then restart the Kik application on your device.
If Kik keeps showing problems like the inability to join groups, Kik not connecting, the “meet new people” feature not working, and so on, then close the app from the multiple task section and re-open the app.
Sometimes, the app may not be completely open because of some kind of error. Restarting the app helps to reset the app’s server back to normal.
Method 3: Restart Your Device
If Kik does not run properly, you can try restarting your device. But before that, make sure you close the Kik app.
It clears all the errors on your device as well as on the Kik app.
Now restart your device and wait for all the applications to load.
After that, open the Kik messenger and see whether the problem is solved or not. If not, move on to the next method.
For Android Users
Long-press on the power button until it shows the Restart option. After that, tap on it and simply wait for minutes.
For iOS Users
Simply long-press the power button, which will show you the option to switch off the phone. Wait for 1 minute and then once again open the device. This will let your phone cool down and help your iOS device to operate smoothly.
Also Read: How to Get Kik for PC | Download Kik Messenger on PC
Method 4: Use Mobile Data Instead Of Wi-Fi
The Kik application requires a strong internet connection for it to work smoothly.
If the internet connection is slow and restarting your device does not work, you can switch to Wi-Fi Wi-Fi.
Here are the steps to switch to mobile data on your device.
Step 1: Open Settings
First, open the settings (gear icon) on your device.
Step 2: Look For Mobile Data
Next, search for mobile data within the settings. You can also swipe down on your homepage to get the mobile data option on the grid.
Step 3: Turn On The Mobile Data
Turn on the mobile data by pressing it.
Step 4: Restrict All Other Installed Apps
Do not forget to restrict all the other installed apps except Kik messenger to ensure the data only gets used by Kik Messenger.
Method 5: Force Stop The Kik App
When Kik keeps glitching or not working in general, you can force-stop the Kik app. This stops the app instantly from running.
Sometimes, it also resets the app’s server. It is just like restarting the app but works more efficiently.
So, to force-stop the Kik app, follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps To Force Stop Kik App On Android Device
- Go to your device’s settings (gear icon).
- Scroll down and locate the Application Manager. Once you find it, then tap on it. You can find the list of all the installed apps.
- Now, tap on the Kik app.
- After that, tap on Force Stop and tap on, Ok.
Steps To Force Stop Kik App On iOS Device
- When Kik is still running in the background, move to the home screen.
- Now simply double-tap on the home button.
- There, swipe up on the Kik messenger, which will force stop the app.
Doing so will let your Kik app restart all its functions and will give less pressure on the processor of your devices.
Method 6: Clear The Kik Cache
Clearing the cache means deleting all the stored data and information from Kik. For example, it will remove your entire saved contact, chat messages, login data, and database.
Clearing the cache will let Kik operate smoothly and reduce glitches.
Your Kik app will be just like when you first installed it from the Google Play Store/App Store.
This is a risky method that will clean your Kik messenger. So, only use this method if Kik keeps crashing or freezing.
Steps To Clear Kik Cache On Android Device
The steps to clear the Kik cache on Android devices are below.
Step 1: Go To Settings
Open the Settings app on your device.
Step 2: Go To Application Manager
Tap on Application Manager under the device section.
Step 3: Go To Kik App
Locate and tap on the Kik app.
Step 4: Tap On Clear
Tap on the Clear option. And then, you can tap on OK to confirm the action.
Steps To Clear Kik Cache On iOS Device
On iPhone, clearing the cache means deleting the app. When you clear an app’s cache, it will wipe out all the data anyway. So it is not a big issue to delete the app rather than clear the cache. Besides, you can re-download the app from the App Store.
Step 1: Go To Settings
Open the iPhone settings.
Step 2: Go To The General
Tap on the General option.
Step 3: Access iPhone Storage
Now, tap on the iPhone Storage option, which opens and shows the list of all the installed apps.
Step 4: Locate Kik App
Scroll down and search for the Kik app. Once you find it, tap on the app.
Step 5: Delete the App
Finally, tap on the Delete App option at the bottom.
Now, open the App Store and re-download the Kik app.
Method 7: Log Out Of Kik And Log Back In
If your Kik app is not working properly, then log out from your account and log back in. This will take your app back to normal and may fix the issues.
To log out from the Kik app, follow the simple steps below.
[Note: This process applies to both Android and IOS devices.]
- Launch the Kik app on your device.
- Tap on Settings (gear icon) from the upper right corner.
- Now, tap on the Your Account option. This is the first option inside the settings section.
- Tap on the Log Out option.
- Now, log back in using your correct login credentials.
Method 8: Update Your App
If your Kik app is outdated, it will not load, work, and connect correctly.
An updated app already includes new features and changes that have been made to the previous features.
So, if you do not keep up with the latest updates, then Kik will not work smoothly.
Besides, updating the app fixes bugs and errors that were causing problems accessing the app and its features.
To update your Kik app, follow the simple procedure mentioned down below.
Update Kik App On Android Device
- Open the Google Play Store from your device.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines from the upper left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the My Apps & Games option.
- You can update your app in two sections. If there is a new update for your Kik app, then you can find it in the Updates section. From there, you can update the app. Otherwise, go to the Installed section and manually update your app.
Moreover, you can also turn on the auto-update option on your device.
This enables the Google Play Store to automatically update the app whenever a new update is available
. To do so, follow the steps down below.
Steps To Auto Update Kik App On Android
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap on three horizontal lines located on the upper left corner of the home screen.
- Now, tap on the Settings option.
- Tap on the Auto-updates apps option.
- Now you can choose two options to update your app. If you select “Over Any Network,” it will update the app when you use any of the two networks; Wi-Fi or mobile data. But, if you select “Over Wi-Fi Only,” then it updates the Kik app only when you turn on your Wi-Fi network.
Update The Kik App On iOS Device
- Open the App Store.
- Tap on Today, which is located at the bottom.
- Now, tap on the Your Profile icon from the top section.
- Under the Available Updates section, check for an Update for Kik.
- If there is one, then tap on Update. If you also want to update other apps, tap on Update All.
Method 9: Update Your Device
If you are running the latest version of the Kik app on an old device or an older version of OS (Operating System), they both aren’t compatible.
So you have to update your device or reach out for a new one for Kik messenger to run smoothly.
Usually, Kik doesn’t need the latest version, but if your device’s OS version is less than 4.4.2 (Android), then it might cause trouble.
So update your mobile if Kik is not connecting, keeps crashing, is slow, or is not opening.
For that, follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps To Update An Android Device
- Open your mobile settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the About Device option.
- Now, tap on Software Update.
- Some devices automatically update themselves if one is available when you toggle onto the Auto-update option. In case that does not happen, tap on the Update option. This will check for an update and proceed to get the latest version of the OS if one is available. Otherwise, it will show a message, “Your device is up-to-date.”
Steps To Update An iOS Device.
- Open your mobile settings.
- Tap on the General option.
- Now, tap on the Software Update option.
- It will search for the new Update, if there is one, and proceed to get the latest version of iOS for your device. If your iPhone already has the latest version of iOS, then it will leave a message “Your Software is up to date.”
Also Read: How to Delete Messages on Kik
Method 10: Reinstall The Kik App
If the methods mentioned earlier do not work, then it’s time to uninstall the Kik app.
Your app might not have been installed correctly during the installation process.
In this case, some of the features of the app will not work smoothly and might crash from time to time.
In this case, it is best to uninstall the Kik app and re-download it from the Google Play Store/App Store.
Steps To Reinstall Kik App On Android Device
- Go to the device Settings.
- Tap on the Application Manager option under the Device section.
- Locate and tap on the Kik app.
- Finally, tap on the Uninstall option and Uninstall.
If you feel like the above process is way too long, then long-tap on the Kik app and drag it to the Remove option. This will delete/uninstall the app from your device.
Steps To Reinstall Kik App On iOS Device.
- Open the Setting on your device.
- Now, select the General tab.
- After that, select the iPhone Storage option.
- Locate your Kik app and tap on the Delete option.
- Finally, tap on the Confirm button.
Also Read: How to Mute Someone on Kik 2022
Is Kik Down?
When Kik stops working, connecting, and crashing, then we think it’s down. This is a normal thing because of its unusual app issue. But let me remind you that Kik will not go down easily; it’s a rare thing.
In case Kik is down, then you will face a server problem. This means that even after following the above-mentioned methods, it will not work.
So, if you find any unusual behavior on the Kik app or think it’s down, then you can check it on the Down Detector.
Why Kik Meet New People Not Working?
‘Meet New People’ is a feature on Kik that lets users meet new people for 15 minutes and talk with them.
But sometimes, the feature does not work as intended. This sometimes happens due to internal errors.
So, follow the steps below if Kik ‘Meet New People’ is not working.
- Restart the Kik app.
- Clear the cache on the Kik app.
- Update the Kik app if an update is available.
- Log out of Kik account from all other devices.
- Restart the mobile device.
These solutions work most of the time. If the issue still persists, you can contact Kik support and ask them for help.
Why Are Kik Notifications Not Working?
Kik notifications are enabled when you first install the app on your phone.
If you are experiencing an issue with Kik notifications not working, follow the steps below.
- Check the notification settings of your device. Kik notifications may be disabled there.
- Clear the Kik app cache.
- Restart and reinstall the Kik app.
Issue Of Kik Not Showing Up On Playstore
Kik recently came up with the ‘Go Live’ feature on their application.
Kik was unavailable in the Play Store and App Store when the company was working on this Update and while dropping it.
This means that Kik did not show up when searching for it on the Play Store or App Store.
Now that the feature is updated and the application has been launched, you can easily look for the Kik application and download it onto your device from Play Store and App Store.
Why Is Kik Captcha Not Working
Any type of defense or secure mechanism to protect a site or application is called Captcha. Captcha functions to help boost your website’s efficiency and ensure that there are no bots.
A human is required to interact with the process of Captcha to ensure that the user is not a bot.
So, if the Kik captcha is not working on your device, you can do a few things.
- Restart the Kik application.
- Reload Captcha on your device.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is good.
- Use the steps mentioned earlier to update your Kik application on your device.
- Log into Captcha with another device.
- Reinstall the Kik application on your device using the steps mentioned above.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some frequently asked questions are taken from the Internet. Please go through the questions and their answers to understand more about the topic.
Why Is Kik Not Working On My iPhone?
If Kik is not working on your iPhone, restart your device or update the Kik app.
You can also cut off your device’s data connection and switch to your Wi-Fi network by disabling the mobile data.
Why Is Kik Not Connecting?
If Kik is not connecting, check if your internet connection is stable. If not, then move to your mobile data for a good connection.
When your internet connection is weak, Kik will not run smoothly and will take a lot of time to load.
Why Is Kik Not Working On Mobile Data?
If Kik is not working on mobile data, then switch to your Wi-Fi network.
This will help you to get a proper connection without any disturbance.
Why Is Kik Live Stream Not Working?
Kik live streams are free and accessible from your Kik account itself.
If Kik live streams are not working, it can be due to multiple reasons, such as in-app problems or external reasons.
Does Kik Work Without Wi-Fi?
Yes, Kik works without Wi-Fi, but you must switch to your mobile data.
Can We Earn Money From Kik?
Even though many people wish to earn money through an online platform, there is no direct way to earn money on Kik.
Regardless, you can sell things via direct message on Kiks and earn money.
Kik is still a good messaging app to connect with friends as well as new friends around the world.
However, even with its good service, it sometimes causes serious frustrating issues.
So, whenever Kik is not working properly on your device, follow the methods mentioned earlier to fix the problems.
Moreover, do not share your private information with strangers that you have connected with on Kik.
Trust me; it’s not good to let other people know about your private life on Kik. Besides that, meet new people and have fun.
Do you have any queries? If yes, then leave comments in the comment section down below.