Do you want to meet new friends on Kik? – You don’t have to give out your number, Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media profile to connect with a new friend in Kik.
In the Kik app, you can find different features to meet new friends.
For example, you can explore Meet New People or you can directly message from Public Groups. You can search for new or old friends using their Kik Username or Kik Code.
You can also invite your friends and family from your Phone Contact. How?
Do not worry! I will guide you on every topic on how to meet your new friend on Kik using Meet New People, Public Group, Kik Username, or Kik Code and invite Phone Contact.
You just have to follow the step-by-step process described below to meet a new friend. So are you ready?
How To Find New Friends From the “Meet New People” Feature In Kik?
“Meet New People” is a new feature on Kik that helps you strike up a conversation and find new friends.
The ‘Meet New People’ feature has two ways to make new friends. You can choose to start a “Quick Chat” and talk to new people by chatting with them or you can also set up an “Interest Match” to find new friends according to your shared interest.
You will have 15 minutes to chat with your newly matched friend, and you can match up to 5 random users daily.
However, you will not be able to see their username and they will not see your username either.
So make sure you do not forget to share your Kik username with your new friend to continue the conversation by adding each other on Kik.
Now let us see the step-by-step procedure on how you can use the Meet New People feature.
- Open the Kik application on your device.
- Go to the chat list, by logging in to your Kik account.
- Under the chat list, you will see the “Meet New People” option at the bottom of the page.
- Then, click on the option Meet New People.
- If you haven’t explored ‘Meet New People’ before, click on the Join to start feature.
- If you want to start “Quick Match,” then click on the Start Chat button otherwise,
- Click on the FILTERS.
- Then, you will be given the option to pick 5 filters of your choice to start chatting with someone with similar interests.
- Now you can tap on the filters according to your interest and finally click on the APPLY button.
- Now, click on the Start Chat button and wait for some minutes to get your match.
After you get a match, remember that you just have only 15 minutes to chat.
If you are interested in keeping the conversation going with the match, you can share your username and add each other on Kik.
How To Stop Searching Or End The Chat On Meet New People Features?
After you click a start chat button for the search, meanwhile searching for a match, you will see an option “STOP SEARCHING “. Simply click Stop Searching to stop the search.
However, you have to click on the ‘Stop Searching’ option before you match with someone. If it gets too late and Kik finds you a match in the meantime, you can simply leave the chat right after the match.
To leave the chat after the match, click on the three dots at the upper right corner of the chat box and tap on End Chat.
Also Read: How to Change and Reset The Password on Kik?
How To Report Spam On the Meet New People Feature?
If your match makes you feel uncomfortable while chatting and if they show any kind of behavior that puts you in danger or even breaks the community standards, you can report them right then and there.
To report those kinds of users, follow the steps mentioned below.
- In the chat screen, you will see three dots in the top right corner.
- Click on the three dots
- After that, you will see the option “Report User”
- Tap on the Report User.
- Finally, give a valid reason why you want to report the user and tap “Report User”.
How To Find New Friends From The “Public Group” Feature?
We know public groups are a great way to make good conversations with people and find out the solution to any of our queries.
In an open group, there are several random people who participate. So you can find new friends by participating in a public group.
In the Kik Messenger application, you can send direct messages to people in public groups without adding them to your friend list.
You might find people with similar interests as yourself.
Some people might be interested and reply to your text politely whereas some might not respond to your direct messages.
Now let’s see how to direct message people on a public group.
- Open the Kik application on your device.
- Log in to your Kik account, if not logged in.
- To open a group chat, click on the white “+” icon inside the blue circle on the home screen.
- You will now see different options, click on the Public Groups from the prospect.
- Now, if you are new, click on the Got It button to start the group.
- After that, you can click on the popular searches, or you can also search public groups on the Search Public Groups text field.
- Enter the group name you want.
- You will now see several groups available.
- Tap on the group you want to join and interact with.
- After you tap on the group, click on the JOIN PUBLIC GROUP.
- Finally, toggle ON or OFF to receive direct messages.
This is how you successfully join a public group. Enjoy the experience in public groups and chat with your possible new friends.
To find new friends and talk to them personally from the public group, click on the group name, then click on their username to chat personally with them.
How To Access A Joined Public Group?
- Get access to your Kik account.
- From the chat list, search for the group name you would like to join.
- Finally, click on the Public group to access the group.
Things You Should Know About Public Group On Kik
The public group has some rules that you should follow; otherwise, you will be kicked out of the public group. They are as follows:
- If you toggle OFF “Receive Direct Messages,” then you won’t get any direct messages from friends of a public group.
- You can change the setting for the public group from the group settings.
- To access the context of a particular group, open the group and click on the name of the public group from the header.
How To Leave A Public Group On Kik?
If you find out that the group users are not the right crowd for you, are violating any of Kik’s policies or feel endangered by them, you can instantly leave the public group.
Follow the step-by-step procedure to leave a public group.
- Open the Kik application on your smartphone and log in to your account, if asked.
- From the chat list, find out the group name that you want to leave and tap into the group name.
- Now you will enter the selected group chat.
- After that, click on the name of the public group from the conversation of the public group.
- Now you will see the option of settings of the public group.
- Below Add People, you will see the red Leave Group option. Click on the left arrow Leave Group.
- Finally, click on the LEAVE option.
Now you have successfully left the public group; you will no longer get any notifications or texts from that specific group.
Bonus: Some Kik Friend Finder Websites
You can find thousands of friends on the above-mentioned websites. You can download these apps from the store or you can also go to their websites from the browser. For a demo, click on the link mentioned above. It will help you find new friends if you are interested.
Also Read: How to Deactivate your Kik Account?
How To Search Friends By Username On Kik App?
It is an effortless task to find your friend on Kik by using their username. However, you should know their correct username. There are two ways to search for friends by their usernames. Let’s look at both ways how to search for friends by username.
From Chat List, Search Friend on Kik App
- Login to your account using the Kik application on your smartphone.
- Get access to the chat list.
- After that, click on the white “+” icon inside the blue circle from the chat list.
- Click on the Find people option.
- You will see the various methods to add your friend.
- Click on the Find by Username.
- Then, type your friend’s username in the Friend’s Kik Username text field.
- You will see related profiles under username search.
- Find your friend’s profile and tap on their profile.
- Finally, add them and start chatting.
From Pull To Search, Search Friend On Kik App
- Get access to the Chat List of your Kik account.
- Now, pull down the screen (Hold and Swipe downwards).
- You will now see the text area to type the username of your friend.
- Then enter the username of your friend correctly.
- Otherwise, Kik will not find the correct profile and it will be a hard task to find them.
- You will see related username profiles under username search.
- Find out your friend’s profile and tap on their name.
- Finally, add them and start chatting.
How To Invite A Phone Contact Friend On Kik?
If you have a friend who is not using Kik Messenger and you want them to use Kik, you can invite them to join Kik.
You can also add a friend from phone contact. So, to invite your friend on Kik using their phone or contact number, follow a step-by-step procedure.
- Get access to the Chat List on your Kik account.
- Now, click on the white “+” icon inside the blue circle from the chat list.
- You will now see different options. So, click on Find people from the list of options.
- Now, tap on Find by Phone Contact.
- You need to grant Kik access to your phone’s contact list.
- Now, select the phone number of the friend that you would like to invite to join Kik.
- Finally, click on the Invite.
There you go no! You have successfully learned how to invite your friend on Kik.
Now a notification will be sent to your friend’s phone number via SMS. And when your friend joins Kik, you will be notified, so be ready to chat with them.
The information provided above is based on Kik Help support 2020 and I have tried to make it easy for you.
There are several ways to search for new friends on Kik using Meet New People, Public Group, Kik Username, or Kik Code and Invite Phone Contact.
You can meet new friends using different ways and enjoy the experience of using Kik Messenger.
Follow the step-by-step procedure according to the title mentioned above to meet new friends on Kik. I hope you liked and understood every step and title.
If you have any questions regarding this article, you can leave a comment in our comment section below. For related articles on Kik, please visit our official website Online Help Guide.
Also Read: Meet New Friends On Kik App