Are you wondering how to save videos from Telegram because you are using it for the very first time? Do your friends constantly sends funny and exciting videos from the Telegram groups or channel and makes you save them to your phone memory? If that’s the condition, then you came into the right article where you will learn to save Telegram videos directly to your gallery.
To save the videos from Telegram, simply open the chat section, next select the video which you want to download, tap on three vertical dots, and tap on Save to the gallery. How’s that sound, pretty simple, isn’t it?
Now, you can re-watch that same video over and over again without opening your Telegram app. In addition, you can even upload or share that video which you have downloaded from Telegram on your other social media platforms.
That’s why, look to the step-by-step procedure to save Telegram videos, images, music on your Android, IOS as well as PC. I have provided a simple process so that you won’t get confused in any steps.
Shall we start?
What Types of Videos You can Save on Telegram?
If you have ever seen a video on Telegram, whether it’s on a group or channel you have joined or on your friend chat inbox, then let me tell you that you can save those videos on your device which you are using it. It doesn’t matter whether you are on PC or mobile.
Yes, steps to save videos can be somehow different from each other, but at last, you can do it without any problem. Moreover, you can save any type of video, whether it’s short or 3 hours long, which is a kind of movie.
So, to save short types of videos, you can completely follow this article, but if you want to download long movies, then you can follow the article on how to download movies on Telegram.
How to Save Videos From Telegram to Gallery?
As I already said, you can download Telegram videos to the gallery within minutes. But one should not remember that, in order to save videos, first you must create an account on Telegram.
Besides, you also must have a free space on your device to where you are going to save videos. If you don’t have a bit of storage space left and try to save your Telegram videos, then you might get a problem and also cause an error. That’s why free storage is an important part you should remember while saving Telegram videos to the gallery.
However, if you can’t manage or don’t have enough Telegram storage, then I have written an article on how to change Telegram storage to an SD card. By following this, you can save as many videos as on Telegram without worrying about your mobile storage.
Now, let’s get into our today’s main topic.
Note: The following process is the same to save videos, images, music on Telegram, so if you have other pictures or audio to save, then you can simply follow the below-mentioned procedure. Three in one process!
Save Videos From Telegram on Android
If you are using the Android device, then the first thing you should do is to install the Telegram application on your android device. You can get the app from the below-provided link.
Now, go through the steps.
- Open the Telegram app once you download it from the Play Store.
- Next, provide your login credentials to access the account.
- Now, open the chat section or group, or channel from where you want to save the video.
- Select the video.
- After that, open the video.
- Tap on the three vertical dots from the upper right corner of the screen.
- There, choose the save to gallery from the drop-down menu. This will save a current video to your mobile gallery.
This is the simple process to download videos on Telegram. Apart from this, you can also follow the same process for images too.
If you want a little bit short process than the above one to save Telegram video, then you can also follow this another process.
Simply open the chat section and choose the video which you want to download on your device. Now, instead of opening the video, just tap on the small three vertical dots from the upper right section of the video. There, either choose the save to gallery option or save to downloads option.
Save Videos From Telegram on IOS, iPhone,iPad
For IOS, iPhone, Ipad users, there is a little bit tricky process to save/download videos from Telegram. That’s because you cannot directly save videos from the official Telegram app. You have to get an additional app called “Documents File Manager” or “Telepal” from the app store, which helps you to save any videos you receive on Telegram on your iPhone.
Again, you have to go to the Documents File Manager app to view your download content from Telegram. I know it’s kind of a long process but let’ say it somehow can help you to save Telegram videos to your device.
Why not move into the below-mentioned process.
Note: Don’t delete the Device File Manager app from your device
- Open the Telegram app by tapping on its icon.
- Head to the chat section on where the video is located which you want to download.
- After that, tap on the cloud with a downward-faced arrow from the upper left section. This will start the download process.
- Once the download is completed then long-tap on the video and selects the More option.
- Now, tap on the upward faced arrow, which is located at the bottom middle side. This option will let you copy/ forward your recent Telegram video to Document File Manager.
- Tap on Copy to Documents.
- Finally, open the Documents file manager app and watch your download video.
Save Videos From Telegram on PC
There are three ways where you can get access a Telegram account on a PC. First from visiting the official Telegram website, Second from using the third-party software, and Third from using the APK version.
Whichever methods you are using to use Telegram, follow the below-mentioned steps to save videos from Telegram on PC.
For those who don’t know to access Telegram on desktop, you can follow this article on how to download Telegram on PC.
Now, let’s get into the steps.
Save Telegram Videos on Telegram Web
If you use the web version of Telegram instead of a desktop app, here are the steps to save Telegram videos.
- Open your browser, whichever you are using right now.
- Type web.telegram.org on the search field.
- Access your account using login credentials.
- Open the chat section.
- Select the video and click on the play option.
- Next, left-click on the video while it is still running.
- After that, click on Save video.
- Finally, go to the downloads or your selected download location to view the video.
Save Telegram Videos on Telegram Desktop App
If you are using the Telegram desktop app version, then follow these procedures.
- Open the Telegram desktop app.
- Go to that chat section where the video is located.
- Right-click on the video.
- Next, click on Save Video As… option.
- Finally, save your Telegram video to your preferred location on PC.
How to Save Telegram Videos Automatically Without Downloading?
Are you tired of saving each and every video on Telegram manually? Are you looking for the process where you easily save Telegram video to your device gallery without downloading? If that’s so, then your wish came true.
As I already mentioned, the procedure to save videos from Telegram the above section. However, if you don’t want to follow that process, then download your Telegram videos automatically right to your gallery.
From now on, you don’t have to think, “oh I should have saved that video before he/she removes it.” Just open your device gallery and watch them anytime you want.
Note: This is an ideal process to automatically download Telegram videos, but you should remember that it will also rapidly fill up your device storage. After few couples of days, you will see a message “free up your storage” in the notification panel.
So, if you have a larger amount of free space in your device, then you should not worry about your device storage. But, one with congested space should have to think about it.
- Open Telegram.
- Tap on Three horizontal lines from the upper left corner.
- After that, tap on the Settings option.
- Select the Data and Storage.
- Under the Automatic media download section, enable both When using mobile data or when connected on Wi-Fi.
Why Are Telegram Videos Not Showing in a Gallery?
Have you saved the Telegram videos to your device gallery, but when you try to watch them, you can’t find them?
So if Telegram videos are not showing in a gallery, then these might be the reasons behind it. So, take a closer look and solve it as soon as possible.
- Slow internet connection
- Don’t have sufficient device storage
- Located in different place/section
- The receiver might have removed it
- Unsupported video format
- Didn’t follow the right process to save the video
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Can I Find Telegram Saved Videos?
By default, you can find Telegram saved videos on your device file explorer> App> Telegram> Telegram Documents. Besides, you can also go to your device gallery and see the saved videos.
Why is Telegram Missing Downloaded Files?
If you can’t find the download option on Telegram on IOS, then you have to download an application called “Documents File Manager” to save videos.
Telegram is more than instant messaging, where you can watch/download movies, videos, play music, play games, and promote your business through channels and more. You will get an All-in-one package on Telegram.
And, I hope you able to save videos from Telegram on Android, IOS, or PC. If you like this article, then do share with your other friend and leave a comment if there are other ways to download videos on Telegram.