Telegram is one of the fastest and most secure cloud-based instant messaging apps, which allows you to transmit and receive text messages, pictures, and videos and includes exciting features within the telegram messenger. Besides you can also create a new group on telegram messenger to chat with multiple people at once.
Telegram Group looks exciting because you can share and listen to music within the group; you can create private and public groups and share emojis, stickers, GIFs, images, videos, files, and locations.
You can also create a telegram poll. Isn’t this cool?
Are you interested in creating your own public and private group on telegram?
If you are interested and a regular user, creating one is not a big deal because it has easy and straightforward steps.
But, if you are new to telegram messenger, you might get confused about the steps to create a group.
Today in this article, we will guide you on how to create a public group or private group and how to add new people to the group using the telegram application. Stay with us and read the full article.
How to Create a New Group on Telegram to Chat with Multiple People at Once
There are two types of groups that you can create on telegram.
One is a private group, and another a public group. You can also create a group and switch your group to public or private as well.
And you can add up to 200,000 people to the group, but do you know to add multiple people to the Telegram group, make sure you know how to add multiple friends to the group after you create a group because a group without users is boring!
So, If you are interested in creating a public or private group, follow the steps mentioned below according to its title.
Create a New Private Group on the Telegram App
To create a new private group on the telegram app, follow the step-by-step procedure mentioned below.
- Open the Telegram application on your device.
- If asked, log in to your account. If you still haven’t created a Telegram account then do it right now.
- After you log into your account, you will see the chat section as the default home.
- Now to create a group, click on the three horizontal lines from the top navigation bar.
- After that, you will see the options to create a new group, a new secret chat, a new channel, and other options.
- Now, click on the New Group from the options.
- After you click on the new group, you will see all the contacts listed on your device.
- Select a contact from the list with whom you want to create a group. (choose at least two contacts)
- After that, click on the right indicating arrow at the bottom.
- Now under the New Group section, enter the group name in the particular field and tap on the camera+ icon to add a group image.
- Finally, click on the Tick icon at the bottom.
There you go; this is how you create your own private group on telegram.
You can also change it to a public group whenever you want. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
Create a New Public Group on the Telegram App
The thing you should know: To create your own public group, firstly, you have to create a group (Private Group) on telegram.
After that, you can switch the group to a public group. If you want steps on how to create a new public group on the telegram messenger, here you go.
[Note: You have to create a new group before switching your group to the public. This is only the way how you can create a public group on telegram.]
If you have already created a new group (Private group) on telegram, then follow the steps mentioned below to switch private groups to public groups.
How to Switch Private Group to Public Group
Here are the steps to switch your private group to a public group.
- Open the Telegram messenger on your device.
- Login to your telegram account.
- After you get logged into your account, you will see the chat section.
- Now, choose a private Telegram group that you want to switch to a public group from the chat list.
- And you will see the group chat box.
- Now, click on the profile picture or name of the group from the top navigation bar.
- You will see a list of members. After that, click on the Edit icon from the top right navigation bar.
- Now, click on the Group Type under the Edit section.
- After that, you will see Group Settings.
- Now, tap on the radio button of Public Group.
- After that, under ‘Permanent link,‘ enter the link [For example, t.me/group name]. (Make sure your permanent link is available.)
- Now, click on the Tick icon from the top right corner.
- Again, click on the Tick icon, and you are done.
There you go; you have successfully switched your private group to a public group.
Now you can invite new friends using a permanent link. And change the settings for your public group.
How to Create Group Link on Telegram
You can just create a group link for a public group on telegram.
And while switching your private group to a public group, you have to create a group link. Using a group link, you can invite new friends to a group.
And share your group link with friends and social sites to invite them to your telegram group.
If you have already created a public group but still want to change a group link, then follow the steps mentioned below.
How to Change the Group Link of a Public Group on Telegram
[Note: Make sure you have a public group; if not, switch your private group to a public group to create a group link.]
- Open your public group chatbox.
- Now, click on the name or profile picture from the top navigation bar.
- After that, click on the Edit icon beside three vertical dots on the top navigation bar.
- Now under the Edit section, tap on the Group Type.
- You will see Group Settings. Now, under the permanent link, erase the link and enter the link you want to create. (Make sure your permanent link is available.)
- After you enter a valid permanent link, click on the Tick icon from the top corner.
- Again, click on the Tick icon.
There you go. This is how you change your permanent group link on telegram.
After you change your group link, you can share your new group link to invite random people to your group.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
How Many Members Can A Telegram Group Have?
According to Telegram’s official website, a Telegram group can have up to 200,000 members! That’s a lot of people, isn’t it?
However, it’s worth noting that as the number of members in a group increases, it may become more challenging to manage and communicate effectively.
So, it’s always a good idea to keep your group size in mind and make sure that it’s appropriate for your needs.
Can I Customize The Settings For My Telegram Group?
Yes, you can customize various settings for your Telegram group, such as who can join, who can post messages, and whether messages are automatically deleted after a certain amount of time.
Here in this article, we have mentioned every related topic to creating a group on Telegram.
You will know how to create a new group on telegram, how to switch private groups to the public & vice versa, and you will also know how to create and change the permanent group link of your public group.
We have tried to make it easy for you and mentioned step by step procedure. Hope you will understand every step mentioned according to its title.
If you have any queries or suggestions regarding the telegram group then you can leave us a comment in our comment box below.
And for more articles and guides on Telegram Messenger, then you can go to our official website Online Help Guide.