Do you like to see your mobile filled with hundreds of Snapchat notifications? Nobody likes, right? You are thinking about starting a day with positive intension, but seeing tons of notification is slightly annoying. So if you want to get rid of or turn off the notifications on Snapchat, then this article is quite helpful for you.
With the Snapchat mute feature, you can easily disable anyone notification from seeing. What this means is you won’t get any notification from any particular person or from the Snapchat if you turn off the notification.
I am very excited to share with you the best methods where you can mute/turn off any notifications from friends, group chat, stories, or a particular person on Snapchat. Besides, if you want to mute a notification from one specific person on Snapchat, then it’s also not a difficult task. So make sure you take your time to read the whole article.
But before we jump to the main topic, let’s take a moment to know what happens when you disable notifications on Snapchat and other more information regarding the Snapchat notification.
What Happens When You Mute Notification on Snapchat?
We always don’t want to see all the notification from Snapchat, right? Sometimes, we just want to have fun with a specific person through exciting snaps and videos. But notification comes if there some events or activities occur.
So what if you mute or disable the notifications on Snapchat? What if you mute annoying notifications from those friends whom you don’t like?
Saying that when you turn off notification on Snapchat, then you won’t be able to get any update from Snapchat. This means Snapchat won’t let you know someone Stories, Friend Suggestion, Mentions, Memories, Friend’s Birthday, Message Reminder, Creative Effects, Best Friends Message Sounds, and more.
You can also make the customization on the mute notification on Snapchat according to your desire. Sound interesting, right?
If you only want to mute notifications from a specific person whom you don’t like but want to be on Friend list, then Snapchat also gives you that feature.
Can Other Friends Still View Your Story When You Mute Them?
The simple and logical answer is yes. When you mute someone notification on Snapchat, then it only applies to you. They can still see your stories, messages, and other videos, but it won’t reach you. So, you don’t have to worry about any notification from them.
Can You Interact With Each Other If You Mute Notification?
Yes, in the case of mute or turn off the notification, you can still contact or interact with each other. Mute doesn’t mean that you block someone on Snapchat; it only prevents their stories, snaps/messages, or video notification from reaching you. You can still see their message in your inbox, but Snapchat won’t notify you.
So this means there is not any restriction to contact each other on Snapchat when you mute the notification.
Can a Person Get Notified When You Mute Their Notification on Snapchat?
You might be a thing whether a person gets notified or not when you muted them on Snapchat. Well, that happens to a lot of people since Snapchat immediately sends a notification when you take a screenshot of someone’s message.
But in case of mute notification, No, they can’t get any notification when you muted them on Snapchat. There are no such features or ways on Snapchat that let the users know about the turn off notification.
So, feel free to turn off notification of a particular person which you don’t want to connect or like.
Why Am I Getting a Notification When Someone is On Snapchat?
If you are getting a notification whenever someone joins the Snapchat or added you, then it’s because your notification is turned on. This means you have enabled the Snapchat notification, and you will get every notification from the app.
When you first join Snapchat, then the notification bar is automatically enabled (default). So if you don’t like to get any notification from Snapchat on your mobile, then we have provided the best methods to get rid of it.
Just keep reading the whole article, and you will find your answer.
How to Mute Notifications on Snapchat?
Now after getting a few important information about the mute notifications on Snapchat, then it’s time to get rid of the Snapchat notification on your mobile.
In this section, we will see two different ways to mute/turn off notifications on Snapchat.
One is using the Snapchat app itself and another from the mobile settings. Whichever option you choose, you can get the same result.
Keep this in mind that this process also disables the push notification on Snapchat. Many people get confused that turning off push notification will disable all the important alerts or updates.
So without any further delay, let’s move to the methods down below.
Turn off Entire Snapchat Notification
Whenever you feel like your mobile is getting full of notification only from Snapchat then, use this method to get rid of it. What I mean to say is, you will not be notified anymore from the Snapchat app after following these steps mentioned down below.
Let’s get started.
- Open the Snapchat app on your mobile.
- Go to your profile icon, which is located at the upper left corner of the screen.
- Now, tap on the Settings Gear Icon from the upper right corner.
- Under the My Account section, search and tap on the Notification option.
- There, tap on the Enable Notifications option.
- Now, Snapchat turns off or muted all the notification from its app.
This is the one way to mute all notifications from Snapchat. But inside that notification setting, you can also disable other lots of Snapchat notification such as Stories from Friends, Friends Suggestion, Mentions, Memories, Friend’s Birthdays, Message Reminders, Creative Effects, Best Friends Message Sounds, Wake Screen, Ring.
So, disable or turn off the notification of Snapchat according to your desire and needs.
Disable Push Notification on Snapchat Using Mobile Settings
If you want to save a little bit of time from turning off the notification on Snapchat, then this method is for you. In this section, you can don’t have to open the Snapchat app to mute its entire notification, just follow a few steps, and in the meantime, your mobile is free from the Snapchat notification.
You want to learn it, right?
Okay, let’s see how you can do that from the mobile settings.
Note: We will use the Do Not Disturb option to turn off push notification on Snapchat.
- Open your mobile and head to the Settings section.
- Now, tap on the Notifications option.
- After that, toggle on the Do Not Disturb option.
- This will disable all the notification from the installed app. But if you only want to disable the Snapchat notification, then tap on See all option.
- Scroll down and toggle off the Snapchat option.
Quite a simple process to mute notifications on Snapchat right?
How to Mute Group Notification on Snapchat?
Suppose you have joined the group on Snapchat, or let’s say your friends forcefully created a group with you. You don’t want to be a part of that group, but you also don’t want to leave that group. So what will you do?
What if I say there is a way where you still be a part of a group and also skip from its notification.
So if you keep getting the group notification on Snapchat, then learn to get rid of it in this section.
Okay, let’s get into the steps down below.
- Open your Snapchat app on a mobile device. ( Android/IOS)
- Tap on the Chat section beside the camera option.
- Now locate on which group you don’t want to get a notification.
- Once you find the group, tap on its profile icon.
- There, tap on the three vertical dots from the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Message Notifications option and choose the Silent option.
So from now on, you won’t get any message notification from that group. Pretty simple right?
How to Mute Message Notification on Snapchat?
Why do you want to mute or turn off the message notification on Snapchat? Is it because you don’t want to connect with your friends or just don’t want to see a Snapchat notification on your mobile notification bar.
Whatever the reason you have, use the following procedures to silence any messages notification on Snapchat.
- First, open your Snapchat app.
- Then head to your profile section located at the top left corner.
- There tap on Setting Gear icon.
- Under the My Account section, tap on the Notification section that takes you to the next section.
- Now, tap on the Message Reminders, which sends the notification about unopened Snaps and chat.
- So this is it, you have successfully disabled or silence the message notifications on Snapchat.
This process is good if you want to mute the entire message at once on Snapchat. But if you want to don’t want to see chat notifications from that one specific person, then keep reading.
How to Disable Typing Notification on Snapchat?
Not everyone likes to see “Someone is tying” notification on the app. It let you know that a person is writing something on a chat in real-time.
If you are talking to your favorite person, then it’s a good thing to see that notification, but what if you don’t like that person.
In the case of Snapchat, when a person starts writing a message, then the app will automatically display a notification. But if a person stops writing and doesn’t tap on the send button then, you will still see the typing notification.
The same thing also happens if a particular person accidentally hit the space button on the message. You will not get any message from that person, but you will see someone is typing notification.
So, if you don’t want to see that notification on Snapchat, then let’s learn the tricks to disable it.
Note: You can’t turn off the typing message notification from the Snapchat app itself, but your phone can do the job.
Besides, this method may not work on all mobile phones, including the iPhone. If you have the latest version of Android, then it might work but still not sure about that.
- On your mobile home screen, locate the Snapchat app.
- After that, tap and hold the app until it pop-up the options.
- Now tap on the App info option.
- Tap on the Notification option from the App Settings section.
- There, toggle off the Silent Notification, and your job is done.
How to Mute/Turn off Notification For One Person on Snapchat?
Do you have such a friend on Snapchat which you don’t like, but you don’t want to remove that person from your friend list? We always have one particular person who continuously keeps irritating us by sending snaps and videos.
I also do have that one person on Snapchat who intentionally keeps disturbing me by sending snaps. But later on, I muted a notification from him, and now, I don’t have to see his unwanted snaps.
So if you are also looking where you can turn off the notification from that one person on Snapchat, then have a closer look at the below steps.
- Open your Snapchat application on mobile.
- Head to the Snapchat Chat section beside the Camera.
- Now, there choose the person from which you don’t want to get any notification.
- Once selected, then tap on his/her profile icon.
- Tap on a Three-vertical dots from the upper right corner of the screen.
- After that, tap on the Message Notification option and choose the Silent option.
- Now, you disable the notification from that person on Snapchat.
How to Mute Game Notification From One Person on Snapchat?
Does your friend always invite you to play games on Snapchat even though you don’t want to play? We always have that one friend who is taking over by the game. He/She always force us to play the game, and if that ever happens you on Snapchat, then that’s the most irritating thing to see.
You will always get a notification whenever your friends join a game on Snapchat. So how you get away from that? Is there any specific way where you won’t get any game notification from Snapchat on your mobile?
Well, yes, you can mute a friend’s notification on Snapchat whenever he/she is playing games.
This method also implies on group chat as well as on specific person chat.
Okay, let’s get into the simple steps to mute game notification from someone on Snapchat.
- As always, open the Snapchat app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the Message section, which is located just beside the Camera.
- There, tap on a person profile from where you don’t see any game notification. If you have formed a group chat, then also do tap on the group profile icon.
- Now, go to the Three-vertical dots at the upper right side.
- Tap on the Mute Game Notification and choose finally tap on Mute option.
- From now on, you won’t get any notification when a person joins a game.
Quite simple steps, right? So use this same steps if you are thinking about to mute game notification from other many friends on Snapchat. But remember, don’t tell that person when about this thing, it’s your secret.
Also Read: How to Mute Someone Stories on Snapchat
How to Turn off Birthday Notifications on Snapchat?
Today is your birthday, you might be feeling excited to celebrate with your friends or family members right? Your birthday is not remembered by your close one but also from your Social media friends. That’s because you might have shared your birthday date.
So if you have used your Birthday date on your Snapchat and don’t want your friends to get a notification of your birthday then you can use the disable option.
When you turn off the birthday notification then nobody will get any information about your birthday unless you share it.
So let’s get into the simple steps to mute birthday notification on Snapchat.
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Tap on your Profile Icon which is located at the upper left corner.
- Tap on the Setting Gear Icon from the upper right side.
- Under My Account section, tap on the Birthday option.
- Now, uncheck on the Birthday Party option.
Note: It may take 1 hour or longer than that to completely make a change.
From now on nobody will get any notification of your birthday on Snapchat. Now, you can freely celebrate your birthday with your close and loved one.
How to Turn off Screenshot Notifications on Snapchat?
Have you ever wonder how you can take a screenshot on Snapchat without sending a notification to that person?
When you have seen something unusual and exciting snaps or videos on Snapchat and want to share it with your friends. Or let’s say you want to take a screenshot of your Ex-girlfriend snap. On one hand, you don’t want to get caught but on the other hand, you are desperate to take a screenshot of snaps or videos.
In this case, you have only one option to follow these below steps. We have provided a solution where anyone can take a screenshot without sending any notification. This is life-saving steps that you can follow on Snapchat while taking a screenshot of someone snaps.
Okay, let’s move to the following steps down below.
- Whenever you want to take a screenshot on Snapchat, first open that particular snap or video.
- After that, turn off the Wifi, Bluetooth, and Cellular data.
- Now, turn on the Airplane Mode.
- Once again go back to Snapchat and take the screenshot.
- Use another phone or tablet.
- After that, make a video of that snap which you want to take a screenshot. But remember to start recording before you open the Snap or video.
- Make your hand are steady so that you can capture the perfect video.
That’s all you have to do if you want to mute notifications on Snapchat. We all know Snapchat is a great app for fun but not for all people. Sometimes we get frustrated or annoyed from its notification, which keeps popping on our mobile.
But not now because you have learned the best process to get rid of it. We have covered the entire important topic regarding disabling the notifications on Snapchat. Whether you want to escape from the group, someone typing, game notifications, just remember to follow the above-mentioned steps.
Are you able to disable the Snapchat notification? Let have a little chat in the comment section.
Thanks for reading our article.