In this generation, we can guarantee that everyone is somehow involved in some social media platforms either for business use or personal use. Since one person can have a link to multiple social media, so forgetting a password is a common issue these days. So if you have forgotten your Kik account password or want to replace the old password then Kik provides an easy option to change or reset the password in no time.
To change your Kik password, you can go to the Settings >Your Account, there you can find a place to change your password. Besides, if you forget your changed password or your account is locked due to some reason, then you have to visit either the Kik app or Kik website to reset your password.
Today, in this article, I will guide you on how to change and reset your Kik password in both Android and IOS devices. So, just follow the step-by-step procedure mentioned down below.
How to Change Your Password on Kik?
If you are involved in many social media or several accounts on social media and can’t remember the password, you can reset your password and keep it simple. And you can also change your password to keep your password updated and make your account secure.
Change Your Password Using iOS
There is no vast difference between iOS and Android settings to change your password, but the final steps to change your password varies. So let’s see how to change your password using iPhone.
- Open Kik application in your iOS device.
- Log in to your Kik account, if asked.
- After that, click on the Gear icon (Settings) from the header of the app.
- Now you will see a list of settings, click on Your Account from the list.
- Now you will see Change Password below Name, tap on the Change Password.
- After that, you will see the text field to type a password. Now type your Current password and click on Next.
- Finally, type your New password and Re-enter Password and click on the Save button.
Change Your Password Using Android
- Open the Kik app in your Android smart-phone.
- Log in using your username/email and password if asked.
- Now from the chat list, in the top right, you will see Gear Icon, click on the Gear icon (Settings).
- After that, you will see a list of settings, click on Your Account from the list.
- Now you will see Change Password under “Your Account,” tap on the Change Password.
- Currently under “Change Password” you will see text field to enter your Current password, New Password and Re-enter New Password. Please enter the password respectively in their text field.
- Finally, click on the SAVE button from the top right of your smart-phone screen.
How to Reset Your Kik Password?
Kik doesn’t have inbuilt facilities to reset your Kik password, so you have to visit the reset password website to reset your Kik account password. Just enter your registered email address in the text field of the site and click on the Go! Button and you will get a link to reset your new password in the registered email address. Make sure you have access to the email address; otherwise, there is no option to reset your Kik password.
Before Creating New Password
- Use lowercase and capital letters in your password.
- You can use letters, numbers, and special characters to make your password secure.
- You should use at least six characters in your password.
- Your new password isn’t being used on other accounts, to increase security.
If you have access to your email address, let’s follow a step-by-step procedure to reset your password.
- You can click on the link to access reset your password website.
- After you click on the link, you will be redirected to the “Reset Password “website.
- Now in the text field of “Enter your username or email…,” enter your registered email address for your Kik account password reset.
- After that, click on the Go! Button.
- Now you will see a success message on your screen. After that, open your email that you have entered.
- Now, go to the inbox of your email or social and open message from Kik. And if you don’t find any message from Kik, then try again or search for the message in the email search box.
- After you see a message from Kik, open the message.
- After that, click on the link to change your password link from the message box.
- Now you will be redirected to a new page Reset password.
- After that, under “Reset Password,” enter New Password and Re-enter Password in the respective text field.
- Finally, click on the Go! Button, and you will see “Your password has been successfully changed.” message in your Reset Password page.
There you go, from this article, you can easily follow the step to change and reset your password of Kik, in case you forget your one. You can use the above-mentioned steps in both Android and IOS devices. I hope you will quickly understand every mentioned step from this article. And also teach your friends and families how to change and reset the password of Kik if they are facing the same problem.
If you have any questions regarding this article, you can leave us a comment in our comment section, and also visit our official website Online Help Guide for more guide and solutions.
Thank You, Was this article helpful?