Are you having issues on how to delete or unsent your messages on Discord? Are you searching for options to delete an entire group of messages at the same time? Or are you having trouble to simply use this interactive app on your device? Well, you’ve come to the right place for answers.
Discord is a great app, especially for gamers to enjoy their game and interact with each other altogether. If you’re a beginner to use Discord, then this article will be much more beneficial for you. Here, you will learn some basic and necessary things about Discord and its features.
About Discord App
Discord is one of the most popular apps for group interaction launched in 2015. This app is a free platform and has similar features to other classic communication apps such as Skype and Slack. You can easily download Discord on your PC as well as mobile (both Android & iOS) devices too.
Discord was originally developed for online gamers on a PC. It allows players to form a group and have a chat with each other alongside their gaming activities. But with its development and new updates, Discord is also used by other people except gamers to form a community and hold discussions on their specified fields.
Every community or group formed is called a ‘server’, where you can text, voice chat, and video chat with the participants. Gamers can easily coordinate their game with each other, share images and videos, and many more. Each server can have multiple chat rooms called ‘channels’ where selected participants can separately discuss or enjoy by themselves.
Discord features both private servers and public servers. A private server is a closed group in which only a selected number of participants are involved for discussion. On the other hand, public servers are open for participation, includes a large group of people, and it feels like you’re attending a whole big event. You receive an invitation link to join a particular server, or you send invitations to others if you are the creator of the server.
What Makes Discord So Good?
Although it has matching features to other similar apps, Discord is still distinctive in many ways from them. Discord is more like an advanced and enhanced platform for better interaction and much more.
Discord offers a wide range of chat options for its users. It allows you to communicate with others within the server in many ways, such as a voice-chat, or text message, or video chat as well. Also, it comes with an easy-to-use interface, due to which you will have almost no issues while interacting with others, no matter how large the participants in the server is.
Speaking of servers, you can easily self-create a server and add chosen friends & people into the group. Being an admin, you will have complete control of the group chat, and it comes with multiple benefits too. You can also set specific roles for the group members so that it will be easy to manage the activities within the server.
One of the best things about Discord is that you can keep chatting with people and continue to play your game side by side. Furthermore, you can also share live screens and organize games with others and still keep up with your texting activities. And this dual activity does not slow down your device or your app’s performance.
Discord has become more like a platform for social media as well. Besides gaming, you can discuss on a specific subject by forming servers. Especially on public servers, you get to meet new people with similar interests and expand your knowledge and interactivities.
Discord Nitro is like a premium of this app. It is available in two variants, i.e. Nitro and Nitro Classic. Thus, Discord Nitro requires a paid subscription to be used frequently.
Even though this is a paid version, Discord Nitro is well known among its users. It offers many more features than the classic Discord app. If you’re a regular user of Discord and also perform sharing activities on it, then Discord Nitro is a must for you.
Discord Nitro provides additional perks such as the ability to use any emoji on servers, have their animated avatars as GIFs, and upload files up to 50-100 MB. You can personalize your profile by claiming custom tags and profile badges. Speaking of live-streaming, Discord Nitro provides high-quality streaming services, especially useful for gamers to share live screens.
Discord bot is one of Discord’s best features available, where you get more control and functionality than a normal user. This makes it easier for you to perform several functions within the app.
You can create a discord bot for yourself, but it requires some basic programming and coding, which seems a bit difficult. Thus, you can download an already created bot and easily use it on your server.
Discord bots can be used for several functions:
- It can be used as a chat-bot, where you can make it communicate with other people for you.
- Bots can be used to manage servers, such as removing and blocking members, controlling spam, etc.
- It can be used to play music within the server from any website such as YouTube and others.
- Bots can be used to gather any information about your server and its users.
- Bots are also used to add extra features on your server to make the interaction even better.
What Kind Of Messages Can You Delete On Discord?
Even though voice chats and video chats are present, text messaging is still popular and preferred for communication on Discord. But there are times when people want to remove bulk messages or a particular message, whether it is theirs or sent by others. Some people have a hard time finding the delete option or simply they are unable to do it.
Hence, the same process does not apply to every kind of message. It depends on which messages you can delete and which ones you cannot. Below, I have briefly explained the reasons for this:
Deleting Your Messages
You can easily delete the messages that you’ve sent to others. Also, the deleted message will no longer appear on the other person’s server. And they won’t be notified about the deleted activity either.
Deleting Other’s Messages
Speaking of messages received from others, there is no option for you to delete them. The person who sent the message has to be the one to delete it. So you can either ignore the unwanted messages or simply stop responding to them.
Deleting Bulk Messages
If you want to delete a whole group of messages at once, sadly there is no option to do this too. All you can do is remove the messages one by one, and only delete the ones that are forwarded by you.
Also Read: How to Change Your Voice on Discord
How To Delete All Messages On Discord?
Now that you’ve known which messages you can delete, let me tell you how to delete them all. Since Discord is applicable to both smartphones and PCs, there are simple and quick steps to have your messages deleted on both devices.
Deleting Messages Via Mobile Devices
- Open the Discord app on your mobile., and sign-in to your account if needed.
- Click on the chat option on the top-right corner. This will open the ‘Direct Messages’ section, under which your messages and group chats are present.
- Open the chat conversation from which you want to delete the message.
- Find the message you want to delete. Now, press and hold on to that message.
- A pop-up menu will appear with options in it. Select ‘Delete’.
- Again, another pop-up window will appear. Tap on ‘Delete’ to confirm your action.
This will delete your selected message completely from the conversation. Note that the above steps apply for both Android and iOS smartphones.
Deleting Messages Via PC
- Open the Discord Website on your PC.
- Log-in to your account on Discord.
- Open up the conversation from which you want to delete the message.
- Find the message, and hover your mouse over the message you want to delete.
- Click on the ‘More’ option that appears on the right side of the message.
- A pop-up menu appears. Click the ‘Delete Message’ option in it.
- Again, click ‘Delete’ on the confirmation pop-up to confirm your decision.
This will remove your messages from the conversation. So this way you can delete messages on Discord.
Tips To Safely Use Discord
Discord allows you to interact with new people and even more than that. This app is popular among youngsters these days as they’re engaged in video games very frequently. Besides, Discord is also used by grown-ups to share information, form communities, hold discussions, etc.
But, everything has a bad side. People could unknowingly fall for scams and illegal activities here. Such harmful things can always occur upon anyone and anytime.
Here are some useful tips that can prevent you from coming across conditions and make safe use of Discord:
- Accept requests and invitation links only from the people you already know. It’s best to avoid having anonymous people in your conversations rather than easily getting along with anyone.
- Discord enables you to have control over your data and information, as in deciding whether your data can be used and collected by the app for customization and other purposes. You can check and manage your privacy by selecting the ‘Privacy & Safety’ menu on the app.
- Discord has a ‘Safe Direct Messaging’ feature that avoids and removes explicit and inappropriate content from appearing in your messages. This feature scans and deletes such DMs accordingly which helps your experience become safe and positive.
- It is better not to delete your messages using bots on Discord. The Discord team has proclaimed this action as a violation of its terms. Therefore, apply the steps that I’ve listed above to keep your hands safe.
- Kids nowadays may easily become victims of creepy stalkers and online predators on social platforms like Discord. At the moment, there is no parental control option available to guide your child’s activities on Discord. However, the best thing you can do is to talk to your children about their interaction and other activities smoothly.
Overall, Discord is an interesting app. One can have fun by joining communities of similar subjects or gathering in private servers by text or video calls. While using it, just be careful about accidentally sending unwanted messages. But even if you do, you know the steps to simply delete them, right?
Can you able to delete all messages on Discord?