Kik Interactive Company developed the first smart-phone application in Canada. The company released Kik Messenger on October 19, 2010. It is a freeware instant messaging client application for iOS and Android operating systems.
Kik reached one million user registrations within 15 days of its release date with the help of Twitter. And Kik deserves it! Kik can be used to receive and transmit Text messages, Photos, GIFs, Videos, Sketches, and many more within the app.
Kik also provides cool and necessary features to its users, making the user use Kik and stay connected. If you are new and like its features, you can download and create an account in Kik. How?
It is effortless to create an account in Kik, but first, make sure you have already downloaded the app from an authorized store. You need the Kik App on your smart-phone to create an account. If you do not know how to download the Kik app on your device, then you can go to the link Download Kik Messenger. And if you have already installed the app then let’s begin with the step by step procedure.
Table of Contents
How Are Kik Accounts Created?
After downloading and installing Kik from an authorized store in Android or iOS, open the Kik app on your smart-phone and proceed to SIGN UP.
You can choose a Profile Picture, Display Name (First and Last name), Username, Password, and provide a valid Email address and your Birth Date to create a Kik Account. Follow the following steps mentioned below if you are new or want a help guide.
[Note: Users may be asked to enter a CAPTCHA after the information is provided to prevent spam and robotic behavior.]
How To Create A New Account On Kik?
You can easily create an account on the Kik app within minutes. It is as easy as making accounts on other social media applications. Follow the step by step procedure below to create one!
- Open the Kik application on your smartphone.
- You will see the SIGNUP and LOGIN buttons. click on the Signup.
- This will open the Sign Up form. Fill the form accordingly.
- Type your First Name and Last Name in the respective text field.
– First name and Last name will be your display name. It can be changed any time you wish to.
- Then, create your Username
– If you see a red cross “X” it means the username has already been taken. So try to add some numbers or variations in a username. If you see a green checkmark, this means your username is available.
- Now after you are done creating a Username, enter a valid email address in the Email text field.
– You should enter your valid email address because you have to verify the email, and the email is used to contact you.
– If you do not use a valid email, you will not be able to reset your password or deactivate your account.
– If you see “Email already taken,” you already have an account, and if that’s not you, you can also remove the email by requesting a new password.
- Now create a strong Password.
– To make a strong password use a lengthy password, lower case, special characters in the password and numbers which make your password secure and strong.
- After creating a strong password, click in the text field of Birthday. Choose your correct birth date.
- Now the last step, enter your Phone number.
– Entering your phone Number, helps you to find your friends in Kik.
- You can set photos now or you can also choose a profile picture later after Sign Up.
- Finally, click on the blue SIGN UP button.
– However, there is something you have to do. You will get a sign-up confirmation email from Kik, open your email address, and verify your email. If you don’t see the confirmation email in your inbox, then check your spam mail folder.
If you have completed all the steps mentioned above but forgot to confirm the email address, someday later when you open Kik, you might find that the link has expired and you cannot access the email confirmation. In such a case you can resend the email from the app.
To Resend Confirmation Email
- Open Kik App.
- Now go to the Settings (gear icon) at the top right of the home screen.
- Click on Your Account option under Settings.
- Now click on the Email under Your Account.
- Finally, tap on Not Confirmed/Email is Unconfirmed.
If you have downloaded/installed Kik Messenger on your smart-phone and have also created your account but do not know how to log in to your Kik account, follow the following steps mentioned below.
How To Login To Your Kik Account?
- Open Kik Messenger on your smart-phone.
- If you have already Signed Up and have an account in Kik, then click on the Login option.
- Now you will see the Login form, under Login.
- Now enter your email address or your username of Kik in the text field of Email or Kik Username.
- After that enter your Kik account password in the text field of Password.
- Finally, click on the LOG IN. You will now get access to your Kik Account.
You have successfully logged in to your account, now you can enjoy the experience of Kik Messenger. After using Kik Messenger, do not forget to Logout Kik messenger to keep your messages private. If you are new and don’t know how to Logout/Sign Out, follow the step-by-step procedure mentioned below to sign out for Kik Messenger.
How To Use Kik On PC?
Kik application is only available on smartphones. Kik doesn’t have a PC version. However, you can use Kik on your PC.
To use Kik on your PC, you have to download Android Emulator Software before you download Kik on your PC.
If you do not know how to download Android Emulator Software or an application from Android Emulator Software, we have an article on “How to Use a Social App in PC/Windows”. You can click on the link to access the article and you will find a guide on how to download and install an app from Android Emulator Software.
Once you have downloaded android emulator software on your device, go to the article How to Get Kik for PC Windows 2020 to get a step-by-step procedure on how to download Kik on pc.
How Do I Reset My Password On Kik Messenger?
If in case you forget your password on Kik Messenger, you can follow the following steps to reset it on Kik Messenger:
- Open the Kik Messenger application on your phone.
- Since you have already signed up to the app, click on the blue ‘Login’ option at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, the Login form will pop up on the screen.
- Enter either your email address or your Kik Username on the “Email or Kik Username” text field.
- Since you’ve forgotten your password, click on the blue ‘Forget?’ button on the right of the Password text field.
- This opens a website from your phone’s browser for resetting your password.
- Enter your Username or Email on the given text field and press on the green Go button.
- After entering your Email or Username, Kik sends an email to your email address to reset your password.
- Go to your email and click on the blue ‘Change Your Password’ button.
- Type your New Password and also Re-enter Password and click on the green Go button to confirm it.
How To Log Out Of Kik Messenger?
Once you log out from your Kik account, your chat head will be cleared. You will not get any message notification until you have to log back in if you want to read or send a message. After you log in again, you will see your chat history in the main chat list as it is.
- Go to the Kik app on your smart-phone.
- Now from the home screen, go to Settings (Gear Icon) on the top right corner.
- After that, choose Your Account under Settings.
- Finally, click on the Red LogOut button from Your Account to sign out from Kik.
I Can’t Register For An Account: Fix Kik Sign Up And Login Error
While creating an account on Kik, you might face some errors while signing up, which will stop you from creating an account in Kik. So let’s see what error may occur while creating an account in Kik.
Email Error: Your Email Is Already In Use
You see this error if you have already created an account with the email or someone you know is using your email address to create an account on Kik.
If you see an email error, you can remove your email from the account. Now, you have to reset your password and delete the email address from that account. After that, you can create a new account with the email.
Username Error: The Username You Want Is Taken
You can use your own name or some other name as your username while creating an account on Kik. But if you see a red cross “X” beside the username text field, it means that the username has been already taken and you cannot use that same name.
To solve this error, try registering using a different and unique name or you can also use a number and symbol in your username.
Connection Error: You’re Experiencing Connection Issues
You are creating your account and in the meantime, if your network connection is weak or you are not connected with the internet, you will see a connection error. So, you will not be able to complete your registration.
To solve this error, make sure you are connected with good internet, have reliable WiFi or Cellular Network.
If that does not work, restart your device, force close the app and reopen it, switch to WiFi or cellular network or toggle your connection OFF/ON.
Birthday Error: You’re Not Old Enough
Kik has restrictions on users that are below the age of 13. So, I would like to request you to not use the Kik application if your age is not as old as per Kik policy.
Otherwise, simply to fix this problem, you can cheat Kik and change your age and fit the age to Kik policy.
Version Error: You’re Using An Older Version Of Kik
Try to use an up-to-date version of Kik. If you try to sign up in an older version of the application, you might face errors; you may want to try using a friend’s device to register.
So update your application from your device’s app store.
Captcha Error: Wrong Captcha
If you enter the wrong Captcha, you will have to try Captcha until you match Captcha in every submission.
So make sure you enter the correct Captcha before you submit your registration. And even when you match the correct captcha but it still does not work, then learn How to fix Kik captcha not working? Everything you should know about Kik captcha is mentioned in the article above.
Banned From Kik
If you go against Kik’s policy, you will be banned from Kik. You might not be able to register for any new accounts
To fix this error, check out Kik Community Standards for more information.
More information: Visit the Help Center of Kik.
There you go, in this article, we have tried to make it clear and explained to you the basics of using Kik Messenger.
We discussed how Kik accounts are created, how to log in to your Kik account and how to Log out from Kik.
We hope that now it is clear and easy for you to sign up to Kik. You can now easily create your own Kik account and even teach others how to create one!
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any questions about this article, you can leave a comment on the comment section below and we will be glad to clear your confusion.
Visit our official website, Online Help Guide, for more articles on Kik.