Almost everyone has seen photos of people with dog’s ears or heart freckles or flowers floating on their head. Also, I am 100% sure that you all know what I am talking about. That’s right, Snapchat. The combination of snaps and texts is what makes this mobile app different from other social media. Snapchat has a special kind of camera so, you can try on a new look with just one tap on the mobile screen. Simply, you can chat with your friends through snaps on Snapchat. With more than 500 million users, Snapchat has become one of the largest networking platforms.
To remove the phone number from Snapchat: Logout from your real Snapchat account> tap Sign Up> Enter First and Last Name> tap Sign up & Accept button> choose Birth Date> Change my username> Continue button> choose Sign up with phone number instead> enter your existing phone number> Continue button> Confirm account> Logout your account> Log In to your old account.
Although Snapchat is a really interesting app, it can be difficult to use sometimes because of its hidden features. But if you get the basics of Snapchat then you are good to start.
Do you already have a Snapchat account? If yes, then how did you sign up on Snapchat? You can sign up on Snapchat with either your phone number or email address. Personally, I prefer to use my email address over my phone number because it is safer to sign up with an email address. But, have you linked your phone number to your Snapchat account already? Then here are some tips to unlink your phone number from Snapchat.
Also read: How To Change / Add a Phone Number on TikTok
A Sad Tip
Now that you have already linked your phone number with your Snapchat account, there is only one tip for you. Delete your Snapchat account. All those times you had spent in earning all those Snapstreaks will go in vain. You have no other option left. You’ll have to create a new account, follow the entire instructions of Snapchat, search your friends, and add them all over again. Quite boring, isn’t it?
Relax! It was just a joke. But you can unlink your phone number that way too. In this article, I will be sharing all the tips and tricks to unlink your phone numbers from your Snapchat account. Now, let’s get on to the real deal.
Tip 1: Remove Your Phone Number Directly from Snapchat
Settings->Tap Mobile Number->Verify Phone Number->Delete Phone Number. However, there is a trick to remove your phone number. Here is how you can do it.
In 2014, Snapchat announced a new update that it is allowing the users to unlink their phone numbers from their account. It was announced after 4.6 million users’ information was leaked out.
Here is the trick to remove the phone number from Snapchat:
To delete your phone number from the primary account, create a new Snapchat account using your primary phone number. To do so follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the snapchat app in your account.
- Login to your primary account.
- Go to the Settings.
- And Log Out your Snapchat account.
- Now you will see the Log In page.
- After that click on the Sign-Up button.
- Now enter your first name and last name. And tap ‘Sign Up & Accept.’
- After that enter your BIRTHDAY. And tap Continue.
- Choose username and tap Continue.
- Now enter your Password. And tap Continue.
- Now, this is important! Under “What’s your email address.’ click on the ‘Sign up with a phone instead.’
- Now enter your Primary Phone Number (phone number you want to remove from your primary account).
- After that, verify your phone number and enter the code.
- Now log out your new Snapchat account. And login to your primary account (real account).
- Your phone number will be successfully removed from your primary phone number.
Tip 2: Hide Your Existing Phone Number on Snapchat
One easy way to remove your phone number from your Snapchat account is by not removing it at all. Confused? Since you have already signed up on your Snapchat account using your phone number, you cannot permanently delete it from the account(for IOS users). So, the trick is for hiding your phone number from the eyes of the public.
- First, log in to your Snapchat account.
- Then click on your Bitmoji or Profile icon.
- Go to the Settings gear icon.
- Tap on the Mobile number option.
- Inside that option put Let others find me using my mobile number in off mode in case it is on.
This way you can hide your phone number from people and they wouldn’t be able to find you on Snapchat through your phone number.
Also Read: How to Mute Notifications on Snapchat?
Tip 3: Create Two Accounts from the Same Phone Number
If you don’t want to just hide your phone number from people but hide it from your account as well then here is the trick.
- Go to your Snapchat account.
- Select your Bitmoji or Profile icon.
- Click on the Settings gear icon.
- Log out from your existing account.
- Create a new account on the same phone using the same phone number (that you used on your existing account).
- Again, log in to your existing Snapchat account and remove your phone number from it.
Steps to Delete Your Snapchat Account:
- Click on the Snapchat app.
- Log in with the username that you wish to delete.
- Click on the Bitmoji icon or Profile icon.
- Select the Settings gear icon.
- Tap on the Support section under which you’ll find the Help Centre option. Click on it.
- Go to My Account and Security then click on Account info. Then, select Delete my Account option.
- Tap on Continue. Snapchat will deactivate your account for 30 days. You can reactivate within those 30 days. However, if you didn’t then Snapchat will eventually delete your account after 30 days.
- Go to https://accounts.snapchat.com
- Log in to your account.
- Click on Delete my Account.
- Enter the username and password that you want to delete.
- Tap on Continue. Snapchat will deactivate your account for 30 days. That means you can activate your account again with those 30 days. After 30 days, Snapchat will permanently delete your account.
This is the only way you can remove your phone number from your Snapchat. By doing this, you are tricking the Snapchat by creating two accounts from the same number and removing phone number from one account then deleting the other account. Moreover, this is the only trick that you can apply any time any day. You don’t have to wait for April Fool’s day. You know what I mean, don’t you?
Tip 4: Replace Your Phone Number
This is more like a suggestion than a tip for protecting your Snapchat account and your phone number. All you have to do is replace your linked phone number on your Snapchat account.
- Open Snapchat.
- Click on the Bitmoji icon or Profile icon.
- Tap on the Settings gear icon.
- Click on the Mobile number.
- Add any other phone number that you use rarely.
- You will get a notification about getting a code via text or call. Choose any one option.
- Snapchat requests you to add a Password for confirmation.
Remember to replace the existing phone number with another phone number that is less important to you. What’s the point in replacing for safety if the phone number that you replaced is your regular number, right?
Although you cannot delete your linked phone number from Snapchat permanently, you can still keep your account safe. If you plan to open another account, then use your email address instead of your phone number to sign up. Likewise, if someone you know plans to open a Snapchat account then you know the drill. Suggest them to sign up via email address.
So are you able to unlink phone numbers from Snapchat from the above-mentioned tips? Let us know in the comment section down below.