Why is the TikTok voice effect not working on IOS? If that’s the question that you have been asking all day, then it’s time to stop. Here we have provided a few troubleshooting guides to help you to fix the Tiktok voice effects problem.
Tiktok voice-over effects are a game-changer feature that is great for adding spice to your videos. You can make lots of hand-free videos on Tiktok in less than 5 minutes using many amazing effects.
It can do a pretty much good job of getting fascinating likes on Tiktok. Who doesn’t love getting likes? Besides, sound effects are also perfect for you to attract viewers until you know the right method to use.
But what if you don’t know the process, or let’s say your TikTok voice effects are not showing on IOS? If that’s the condition that you are struggling with, then move to the below methods.
Why Voice Effect on Tiktok Not Working on IOS?
You can add the voice effects on Tiktok once you have recorded your video. But you have to do it on the Tiktok app because it doesn’t allow pre-recorded videos.
Now, if the voice effect on Tiktok is not showing on IOS 13 or below that or if your TikTok voice effects not showing, then here are a few things you can do!
Check the Internet Connection
Do you have a stable internet connection? If not, then make sure your device is connected to a good internet connection.
Cut the connection with your Wi-Fi for a few seconds and then connect again. If that doesn’t work, then restart your router, and unplug the router wire for 3 seconds.
You can also enable the Airplane mode on your device and disable it for like 40 seconds. This will refresh the network connection of your device.
Check and Modify Permission
Tiktok needs permission from your device to use its features and other hardware functions.
After downloading the Tiktok app on your IOS, first, you allow the permission that this app is good, not malware.
Here is how you can allow permission.
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Tiktok. It takes you to the Tiktok permission setting page.
- Toggle on the Background App Refresh and Notifications. Make sure you turn on all the notifications.
Clear the App Data and Cache
If Tiktok voice effects are still not working on IOS from the above option, then try clearing the app data and cache. This will remove all the data and cache of your Tiktok app.
In other words, it will fully refresh the app, just like when you first downloaded it from the app store. In addition, it also frees up the storage on your Tiktok app.
But don’t worry. This will put and restore the copy of your current data. All thanks to the “Offload” option on the IOS device.
Now, to clear the data and cache of Tiktok, follow these steps.
- Go to the Settings.
- Tap on the General option.
- Next, tap on the iPhone Storage option. This is where you can clear the cache and data of your other apps too.
- Locate the Tiktok app, and once you find it, then open the app.
- Tap on the offload option and again tap on Offload App.
Create Video from Tiktok App
Are you using the pre-recorded videos from the camera roll or gallery? If that’s the case, then stop it right now. Why?
Because Tiktok doesn’t allow using the voice effects features on any camera roll videos, saying, you have to record the video on the Tiktok app itself.
Update Your Device
If Tiktok voice effects not working on IOS, then you can update your device.
- Open Settings.
- Go to the General option.
- Tap on Software Update. Now, it will search for the new update.
- If your device needs an update, then you will see a new version of the IOS update. Otherwise, it will show the message “Your Software is up to date.”
- Now, if you see updates, then update your device. You can also set your device to the Automatic Updates option. This feature automatically updates your iPhone when there is one.
- After that, open Tiktok and check the voice effects feature.
Follow the Right Process
If you are not following the right process to use voice effects on Tiktok, then you are in trouble. That’s why make sure to first take a video on the Tiktok app and then select the Voice effects option before publishing and choose your desired effects.
Restart Your Device
You can also try to restart your device if the voice effects on Tiktok are not showing or working. Restarting the iPhone will refresh the device and can also fix a few bugs. If the problem is in your device, then restarting will do the job.
To restart the iPhone, press the power button and turn it off for 2 minutes. After that, again press the power button and turn it on.
Do you ever update your Tiktok app? If not, then do it right now. Tiktok always packs a few features and also fixes the old bugs in the new update.
So, if you are using the old version of TikTok, then maybe there’s a bug in its voice effects feature. That’s why I updated the Tiktok app.
This is how you update the Tiktok app on IOS, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Open the App Store.
- Tap on the Updates section, which is on the right side of the screen. In a few versions of IOS, Tap on the Today> Profile icon.
- Now, scroll down and see the pending updates.
- Check whether Tiktok has an update or not. If there is one, then tap on update next to the app.
If all the above method doesn’t work, then reinstall the Tiktok app. You can start with a fresh version of Tiktok.
To uninstall and reinstall the Tiktok app, follow these steps.
- Locate the Tiktok app on the home screen of your device.
- Long press on the app.
- Now, tap on the little cross icon at the top of the app. This will delete the app from your device.
- Next, go to the App Store.
- Tap on the Search option from the bottom right corner.
- There, type Tiktok and continue.
- After that, get or install the app on your device. This will takes a few minutes, depending on your internet connection or strength.
- Once you successfully installed the Tiktok app, then allow the permission.
This is how you can solve the Tiktok voice effects not working on the IOS problem. Make sure to follow all the above-mentioned methods. Most importantly, take a video from the Tiktok app, not choose from the camera roll.
You can always ask questions in the comment section down below.