Spotify is a music streaming application, where you will find millions of music tracks, soundtracks, and episodes within the web application and you can also download the Spotify application on your mobile device. And it is very easy to navigate to choose the right music or podcast as your mood.
You can use Spotify for free but you might see too many ADS, limited skips, Unable to download music without a subscription, so you can also buy a subscription. You will get Four(Individual, Duo, Family, and Student) plan on Spotify, you can subscribe to any plan as your wish going to the official website of Spotify. And once you subscribe to the plan you can change and cancel the Spotify subscription. How?
Don’t worry if you don’t know how to change or cancel a Spotify subscription because today in this article we will mention a step-by-step procedure to do so. So stay with us and read the full article. But before that let me tell you either Spotify account is free or no.
Is Spotify Account Free?
Yes, a Spotify account is free, you can create your Spotify account for free. And there is always a difference between a free account and a premium account.
You will get limited features and options if you use the free account. So, if you are a music lover I would like to suggest you buy any of these plans (Individual, Duo, Family, or Student) as you wish.
Why you should buy a premium account?
The features you get with the premium Spotify account;
- Download Music: you can download music offline.
- No Ad Interruption: you won’t see unlimited ads while using the application.
- Play Any Song: you get access to all episodes and tracks.
- Unlimited Skips: you can change any song whenever you want.
So these are the feature you get with a premium account, if you want to know more detail about each plan, go to the link Spotify Premium.
Once you buy a plan, if you think you don’t need the plan or you want to switch the plan then you can follow the step mentioned below to change and cancel the plan.
Change Or Cancel Spotify Subscription for Android Device
Since to change and cancel Spotify premium account, you have to follow the same steps, so we have mentioned under the same heading but we will guide you clearly to change or cancel your subscription using your Android, to do so follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open any Web Browser on your Android device.
- Go to the Spotify Web application.
- Log in to your Spotify premium account, for fast access: go to the Spotify Account link.
- Once you are logged in to your account, go to “My Account,” from the top right.
- Now, scroll down and click on the “Your Plan” section.
- After that, click on the “CHANGE PLAN.”
- Follow the on-screen instruction.
- On the next page, scroll down to the “Spotify Free” section.
- After that, click on the “CANCEL PREMIUM.”
- Finally, confirm your request. Tap the radio button of “Yes.“
So these are the steps to change or cancel your subscription to Spotify using your Android devices.
Change Or Cancel Spotify Subscription Apple Device
If you are using an Apple device then you can change and cancel from the web application of Spotify, but if you don’t see any option to change and cancel the subscription then here are the steps to change or cancel your subscription. You can cancel your Spotify subscription from your device, to do so
- Go to the Setting on your iPhone Device.
- Click on your “Name.”
- After that, tap on the Subscriptions.
- Now under “Subscriptions,” click on the Spotify Subscription.
- And tap on the Cancel Subscription.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction.
[Note: you can switch to a free account before the next billing, so make sure you turn off auto-renewable your plan.]
Fill Form To Change Or Cancel Spotify Subscription
You can also fill up the form to cancel your Spotify subscription. So, if you are unable to change or cancel your subscription then fill-up the form. To do so;
- Go to the link Contact Support.
- Login to your account.
- Fill up the form with the cancellation request.
- Provide DOB and Post Code.
- Send it to support.
Once support receives your request, they will confirm your account and detail and let you know about so don’t forget to check your mail.
Lastly, you can cancel your Spotify subscription whenever you want following the steps mentioned above according to your device but to refund and change the plan there are some criteria you should meet to complete your request.
Don’t forget to comment to us “did our step worked.” Are you able to change or cancel your Spotify Subscription? ‘Thanks us later :D’
Besides if you want more helpful guidance on Spotify then you can visit our official website Online Help Guide.