TikTok is a video sharing application where people can create, upload, and share their short video clips. There are over one billion TikTok application downloads, combining both IOS and android devices. More people result in more queries, and one of the most asked questions about TikTok is how to reset TikTok account password. If you are among those users, this article will definitely help you out.
In this article, you will learn how to reset the TikTok Account Password. Here I have written both guides to change your TikTok account password and recover your password if you forgot your TikTok account password. Without further delay, let’s get into our main topics.
Recover and Reset TikTok Account Password
If you have created your TikTok account using an email address or phone number, you can follow the following steps to get back your account even if you forgot your username.
- Open your TikTok application and click on the profile icon to get to the login page.
- Click on Get help signing in beside “Forget password?” right below your signing in form.
- A pop-up dialogue box will appear on your screen; you need to choose either Email or Phone number to get your code to reset your password.
If you tap on the Email, a reset password link will be sent to your email id. And if you click on Phone Number, then a code will be sent to your phone number.
- After your phone number or the email address is verified, you will be redirected to the reset password page where you will have to enter your “New password” and “Confirm new password.”
- Finally, tap on the tick mark to save change your new password.
How to Change Your TikTok Account Password?
Recovering your TikTok account password is not enough, you need to secure your account. For this, you will need to have a strong password. A strong password is a series of lengthy characters that have upper case, lower case, numbers, and special characters. In case you want to change your username on TikTok, do read the article by clicking the link. Now, let’s start the steps to change your TikTok Account Password.
- Open your TikTok application.
- Now go to your TikTok profile page by clicking the profile icon “Me” on the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the upper right corner of your profile to open the TikTok Privacy and settings menu.
- Tap on the Manage my account from the ACCOUNT pane of Privacy and settings menu.
- Next, tap on Password from the Manage my account’s list of settings.
If you haven’t added your phone number or email address yet, the app will ask you to add your phone number or email address to set a password.
- Now, to change your password, first type in your current password on the current password text box. Then enter the new password that you want to set to your account.
Note: Always remember to use a strong password. Using only special characters or any characters is not enough. Your password needs to be a lengthy one.
- After entering your new password click on the tick icon to confirm your password. If your password is changed, you will get a notification from TikTok “Your password has been modified successfully.”
There you go, following the procedure shared above, you will be able to reset and recover your lost TikTok password. And you will also be able to change your password from old to new. I have also shared about how you can get more likes and followers on TikTok. Do read the article so that you can get popular.