The username is an important factor when it comes to any social media application. Your username is the name that will identify you on TikTok when you get famous. Therefore, it is important to set a good username for your TikTok profile. Here, in this article, I will be guiding you on how you can change your username on TikTok.
To change your TikTok username, open your TikTok account > Go to your profile > Tap on Edit profile > Tap on username option > Erase your current username and type a new one > Tap on Save.
The Basic Method To Change Your Username On TikTok
The basic method to change your username in TikTok is only possible once in 30 days. And this section of the article is for those trying to change their username right after creating their first TikTok account. If you are trying to change before 30 days, check out the next topic in this article.
Let’s get into the steps to change your username on TikTok.
Steps To Change Your Username On TikTok (For Phone)
Follow these steps to change your username on TikTok.
- Open your TikTok application, and log in to your account.
- Click on the Profile icon at the bottom right corner of your screen to go to the profile page.
- Next, tap on the Edit profile button beneath your profile picture and your username.
- On your Edit profile page, tap on the “Username” option right below the Name.
- A new window Username will open from which you can change your username on TikTok.
Remove the existing username and change it to the one you prefer.
- Finally, tap on the Save button on the top right corner of your screen to save and change your username.
Steps To Change Your Username On TikTok (For PC)
The steps to change your username on TikTok on PC are:
- Open TikTok on any web browser, and log in to your account.
- Tap on the profile icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- From the dropdown menu, tap on the view profile option.
- Once you go to the profile page, tap on the Edit profile option.
- Then on the username section, erase your old username and type in the new one.
- Once you’re done, tap on the Save button.
Note: You can change your username only once every 30 days.
How To Change Your Username On TikTok Before 30 days?
TikTok has set a limit to changing your username. Due to some security concerns like scams and bullies, you can only change your username once in 30 days. However, I found a trick to bypass the TikTok restriction to change the username before 30 days, which I am going to share in this section of the article. For this, you need to go through your mobile’s settings.
Here is how you can change your TikTok Username within 30 days.
- Unlock your mobile phone and go to your mobile settings from the menu.
- Next, go to your Date & Time. The location of the date and time setting differs according to the mobile brand you are using or the operating system you have on your mobile.
Usually, the date and time setting is located on the General section of your setting page.
If you are having trouble finding the setting, you can simply type Date & time on the search bar of your setting page.
- In every device, the date and time are automatically set, provided by the network you are using. Disable the Automatic date and time feature by toggling the on-off
- Once you toggle off the setting, you can set the date and time manually.
Now, set a date that is at least one month ahead and save the settings.
- Now, close all the background apps and open your TikTok application.
- Go to your profile and tap on Edit Profile.
- On the Edit Profile, now, you will be able to change your username.
- Change your username and hit the save button to save the change. Thank me later!
- Now again, open up your mobile settings and set the date and time to the current date and time by toggling on the on-off button.
There you go; you successfully changed your username without waiting for the next 30 days.
The steps mentioned above can vary depending on your mobile phone brand. And let me remind you that the risk is on your own.
Some Tips For Choosing Your Username On TikTok
Your username is a looking glass for your followers to look into your account and creations. So, creating a good username for your TikTok account is necessary. Here are some tips for choosing your username on TikTok.
- The first thing is your content. If you want to go for a niche username, it’s a good idea to add a niche-related word as your TikTok username. For example, if you are posting videos about your pet, choose a username after your pet.
- Second, your brand. TikTok is an excellent place to reach out to people. Various marketer uses TikTok to promote their product and brands with funny or catchy video clips.
So, if you are promoting your brand, give your brand name as your username.
- Third, use the same username if you create videos for your TikTok, linking to your social media pages like Facebook and Instagram.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some frequently asked questions related to the topic.
How To Add Or Edit TikTok Bio?
To add or edit a TikTok bio, open the TikTok app > Go to your profile > Tap on Edit profile > Tap on ‘Bio’ > Tap on Save.
How To Change Your TikTok Account From Private To Public?
To change your TikTok account from private to profile public, you must open the TikTok application on your device. After that, press the profile tab, and inside the profile tab, hit the hamburger menu at the top right corner of this page. In this menu, tap the settings and privacy option, hit the privacy option, and finally, disable the private account.
You should make your TikTok username more creative than the rest of the TikTokers. It will be your identity for the rest of your life if you become famous on TikTok. So, think before choosing your username on TikTok.
If you have any queries related to TikTok, then ask in the comment section below.