The username is an important factor when it comes to any social media application. Your username is the name that will identify you in TikTok when you get famous. Therefore, it is important to set a good username for your TikTok profile. Here, in this article, I will be guiding you with how you can change your username on TikTok.
To change Tiktok username, simply open your Tiktok account and go to your profile. After that, tap on the Edit profile and select the Username section. Finally, erase your current username and type a new one.
For a beginner, when you first create a TikTok account, the application will automatically assign you a username. You can change the username the app provides you. The time would also come when you have to change your username to start something new. However, to avoid spammers and bullies, you are allowed changing your username on TikTok once every 30 days.
This article also contains a trick to change your username on TikTok before 30 days, so keep reading the article.
The Basic Method to Change your Username on TikTok
The basic method to change your username in TikTok is only possible once in 30 days. And this section of the article is for those who are trying to change username right after creating their first TikTok account. If you are trying to change before 30 days, check out the next topic in this article.
Let’s into the steps to change your username in TikTok.
Steps to Change your Username on TikTok
If you have already logged into your account, start from step 2.
- Open your TikTok application, and Log in to your account.
Click on the Me icon at the bottom right corner of your screen to log in.
Now, enter your username and password and tap on the tick mark
- After you get into your homepage, click on the Me icon once again to get to your profile page.
- Next, tap on the Edit profile button beneath your profile picture and your username.
- On your Edit profile page, tap on your existing “Username” right below the Name
- A new window Username will open from which you can change your username on TikTok.
Remove the existing username and change it into the one you prefer.
- Finally, tap on the Save button on the top right corner of your screen to save change your username.
Note: You can change your username only once every 30 days with this method.
How to Change your Username on TikTok before 30 days
TikTok has set a limit to change your username. Due to some security concerns like scams and bullies, you can only change your username once in 30 days. However, I found a trick to bypass the TikTok restriction to change the username before 30 days, which I am going to share it in this section of the article. For this, you need to go through your mobile’s setting.
Here is how you can change your TikTok Username before 30 days.
- Unlock your mobile phone and go to your mobile settings from the menu.
- Next, go to your Date & Time. The location of the date and time setting is different according to the mobile brand you are using or the operating system you have on your mobile.
Usually, the date and time setting is located on the General section of your setting page.
If you are having trouble finding the setting, you can simply type Date & time on the search bar of your setting page.
- In every device, the date and time are automatically set, which is provided by the network you are using. Disable the Automatic date and time feature by toggling the on-off
- Once you toggle off the setting, you can set the date and time manually.
Now, set a date that is at least one month ahead and save the settings.
- Now, close all the background app and open your TikTok application.
- Go to your profile and tap on Edit Profile.
- On the Edit Profile, now, you will be able to change your username. Thank me later, haha.
- Change your username and hit the save button to save the change.
- Now again, open up your mobile settings and set the date and time to the current date and time by toggling on the on-off button.
There you go, you have successfully changed your username without even waiting for the next 30 days.
The steps mentioned above can vary depending on your mobile phone brand. And let me remind you that the risk is on your own.
Some Tips for Choosing your Username on TikTok
Your username is a looking glass for your followers to look into your account, and your creations. So, it’s necessary to create a good username for your TikTok account. Here are some tips for choosing your username on TikTok.
- The first thing is your content. If you want to go for a niche username, it’s a good idea to add a niche-related word as your TikTok’s username. For example, if you are posting videos about your pet, choose a username after your pet.
- Second, your brand. TikTok is an excellent place to reach out to people. A various marketer uses TikTok to promote their product, brands with funny or catchy video clips.
So, if you are promoting your brand, give your brand name as your username.
- Third, if you are creating videos for your TikTok linking your social media pages like Facebook, Instagram, use the same username.
You should make your Tiktok username something creative than rest of the Tiktokers. It will be your identity for the rest of your life if you become famous on Tiktok. So, think before choosing your username on Tiktok.
If you have any queries related to Tiktok then ask in the comment section down below.