Telegram has gained quite a popularity in the messenger app market over the years. In April 2020, it has recorded around 400 million monthly active users worldwide. It stands out in the market because of its various awesome features, and one of them is “Voice Message.” It allows you to send any type of voice message to your friends or in a group chat.
To send a voice message on Telegram, simply open the individual or group chat> hold your finger on microphone icon from the bottom right corner> record your voice> release your finger once finish recording.
This is the ideal way to send a message to your friends if you don’t want to spend your time typing or you have a long story to tell. Just give rest to your fingers and share your moments with your friends. In addition, if you are running a business through a Telegram channel, then you can even provide important messages about your next big offers or deals to boost your product sale.
Hey, if you feel any confusion or find it difficult to send a voice message, then follow the step-by-step process that I have mentioned below.
What is the Time Limit While Sending Voice Message on Telegram?
Do you have a long story that you want to tell with your friends in a group chat or in private through voice message?
But are you worried about the time limit of the Voice message on Telegram?
If that’s the condition, then don’t worry and prepare your story. That’s because Telegram provides a huge time for its voice message feature to help the users to record the message as long as they want. You can freely share your moment with your other Telegram friends in a group without thinking about the time limit. Happy now!!
But, don’t disturb your friends by continuously keep sending a voice message all day and night just because you have enough time. It’s not a good thing that can ruin your friendship.
How to Send Voice Message on Telegram?
Before you start to send a Telegram voice message, remember to enable the microphone on Telegram. If you didn’t turn on the microphone on your device for Telegram, then you will only send a voice message but without a voice. Do you want to hear your voice message song, which you have been singing for like minutes without your voice? It will break your heart, isn’t it?
Other than this, you must have your own Telegram account in order to use the Telegram voice message feature. If you still haven’t made an account on Telegram, then you can check out an article on How to create a Telegram account?
Now, if you have enabled the microphone on Telegram, then let’s get into the steps to record and send a voice message on Telegram messenger.
Send Voice Messages on Telegram on Android
If you own the Android device and want to send a beautiful short voice message about your own song to your friend, then you can follow the below-mentioned few steps.
- Open the Telegram app.
- Select the individual or group chat on where you want to send a voice message. You can also use your own Telegram channel.
- Now, hold your finger on the microphone icon, which is located at the bottom right corner of the screen. This will start the recording process, so record your message.
- If you have a longer voice message to send, which is about 10-20 minutes, then simply drag the microphone icon upward while still holding it. It will lock your microphone, and you can record your message hand-free.
- When you finish recording your voice message, tap on the send button.
Send Voice Messages on Telegram on iPhone
For the IOS, iPhone, iPad users who are looking for steps to send a voice message on Telegram, then take a closer look down below.
But if you still haven’t download the Telegram app on IOS, then you can get it by visiting the provided below link.
- Tap on the Telegram app icon.
- Access the Telegram account using your login credentials.
- After that, head to the chatbox where you want to send a Telegram voice message.
- Look for a small microphone icon, which is placed in the right bottom corner.
- Long- press on that microphone icon and start recording your voice. If you want to send a longer voice message, then lock the microphone icon by dragging it upward.
- Finally, once your recording is completed then tap on the send button. PS, if you have recorded the short voice message, then it will automatically send your message.
Send Voice Messages on Telegram on Desktop
As you already know, you can also download Telegram on a PC without using the emulator. Simply use either desktop app or visit its official website web.telegram.org.
Now, if you want to send a voice message on Telegram on a desktop app, then follow the following below-mentioned steps.
- Open the Telegram desktop app or official website.
- Login to access your account.
- Head to the chat section.
- Locate the microphone icon, which is under the chat section beside the image, emoji, and sticker section.
- Long-click on the microphone icon and start recording.
How to Send Voice Messages on Telegram X?
If you have been using Telegram for a long time, then you should know that there is also another Telegram app from the same company called “Telegram X.” The company provides these two apps under the same messaging platform but with slightly different features.
The main difference between Telegram X and Telegram is the section for calls option. You can find the different calls tab section on Telegram X, whereas, on the official Telegram app, it was located at the left side menu.
Now, talking about sending voice message on Telegram X, there is also slightest steps which you can look down below.
- Access your Telegram X app.
- Open the individual, group, or channel chat section.
- Hold your finger on the small microphone icon from the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Record your desired voice message.
- Finally, tap on a blue send arrow button.
This is how you can send a Telegram voice message. Now, enjoy your voice conversation with your friend and other new people on Telegram X.
Things to Be Remember While Using Telegram
One thing you must remember that the more you use either the official Telegram app or Telegram X, the more likely your device memory will fill up. That’s because, Telegram will store the cache of every content, graphic files, and data you send to the receiver. So, it will cause pressure on your device’s internal storage.
But there is one thing that you can do if you worry about your device storage and don’t want to see a notification “free up your storage” which is to change Telegram default storage to SD card.
By doing this, all the data and cache of the Telegram app will be stored in your external memory and lift out the pressure from your device.
How to Delete Voice Message on Telegram?
Have you ever sent the wrong voice message to the wrong person on Telegram?
Let’s say you are sending a voice message to your girlfriend when you are drunk about your personal stuff. After that, when you finish recording and hit the send blue button, then you suddenly realize that it was sent to one of your family members. In that case, you will be in trouble when they hear things which are only supposed to hear by your girlfriend, isn’t it?
That’s why to escape from this situation, Telegram not only allows to send a voice message but also allows to delete it within few taps.
Want to know how?
Here, have a look at the following steps.
- Access your Telegram account.
- Now, head to that individual chat section where you have send a voice message.
- There you can see a play/pause button beside your voice message. So, long-tap on that option.
- Next, tap on the delete icon, which you can find in the upper right corner.
- Finally, select the option to remove it from both sides.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Can’t I Send Voice Messages on Telegram?
If you can’t send a voice message on Telegram, update your app, check your internet connection, clear the app cache, and restart the Telegram app.
Why Telegram Voice Message Too Fast?
If your Telegram voice message is too fast while recording, then it might be because of your device’s internet connection. When your Wi-Fi connection is not strong or laggy, then it will record your voice message, sometimes fast and other times slow.
Other than this, if you have some type of bug on the Telegram app, it will also malfunction your recording. So, do update your app.
Why Telegram Voice Messages Disappeared?
When you can’t see a Telegram voice message, you may be using the video recording instead of voice recording. So, single tap on the video recording option from the bottom right corner of the screen, and you will be switch to the voice message recording section.
How to Record a Voice Note on Telegram?
If you want to send a voice message on Telegram and want to record a voice note or your voice, then open the individual chatbox and hold your finger on the microphone icon from the bottom right corner. This will start recording your voice and once you are done with recording, then send it to that specific person.
In the end, sending a voice message on Telegram is kind of fun because it takes your conversation to the next level. So, switch between regular typing and voice messages to change your chatting style. But do remember to enable the microphone on Telegram if you are using a voice message feature for the first time.
Was this article helpful?
If yes, then do share this article with your other friends on Telegram. And if you have any queries on Telegram, then let us know in the comment section.