Snapchat is the most popular social media chatting app with fun features. You can find various exciting features available on Snapchat. Today, we will focus on ‘lenses and filters.’
If you don’t know, filters and lenses on Snapchat are designed overlays or effects.
You can add effects while taking a snap, which makes your snaps look amazing.
[ Additional Information: Filters and lenses are not unique to Snapchat. Many other messaging apps like Instagram and Facebook Messenger also offer filters. There are also many apps where you can create videos using different lenses and filters in real time, but they do not work as messaging apps. However, you can still share your creations on those apps.]
Snapchat allows its users to add lenses and filters in real time while taking a snap.
It only takes one tap to send it to your friend or add it to your Snapchat story.
You can find various cool lenses and filters on Snapchat, which you can apply to your snap.
But let me make one thing clear: Snapchat filters and lenses keep updating. Sometimes, filters are only available for 3-4 days.
After the update, the old filters disappear from the primary filter, and you may think there is no way to access those filters. But you are wrong!
You can still find your old filters and lenses on Snapchat.
Would you like to get your old filters and lenses back? Follow the steps mentioned below.
How to Get Old Filters and Lenses Back?
Don’t worry, and even if you have lost your old filters and lenses, we will help you to find out your old filters back.
But before getting your old filters, you should enable the filter feature in your Snapchat account.
After you have enabled your filters and lens, follow the steps mentioned below to get your old filters back.
Step 1: Open Snapchat
Open Snapchat on your device.
Step 2: Click on Magnifying Glass
Now, Click on MAgnifying glass at the bottom of your screen.
Step 3: Tap on the Search bar
Click on the search bar at the top
Step 4: Search “Doggy”
On the search bar, Search for “Doggy.”
Also Read: How To Use Snapchat Filters And Lenses?
Additional Method: Change the Date of Your Device
Do you remember the date when you used that filter?
If you recall the last time you used it, we may be able to help you retrieve your old filters and lenses.
This step is the simplest among the methods mentioned earlier and can be referred to as “time travel.”
It’s just a playful reference.
[Note: This method is dependent on the date you set, and we cannot guarantee a 100% success rate, but we hope you can find your filters and lenses by setting the correct date (which is up to you).]
So, please follow the steps below only if you remember the date you last used the filter or lens.
1. Go to the Settings of your device.
2. Either tap Additional settings Or,
3. Search Date & Time in the search box.
4. Tap the Date and Time after you find it.
5. Now, click on the Toggle button, and Turn off ‘Automatic date & Time.’
6. And tap the Set date.
7. Now, set the date. Date when you used the old filter.
8. Make sure you set the correct date and click Ok.
9. Now, after you change your device’s date, make sure you reset your device once.
10. Now, open the Snapchat app on your device.
11. You will see the Snapchat camera as default.
After that, place your face in front of the Snapchat camera and keep pressing your face on your device screen until it detects your face.
After your face is detected, you will see old filters and lenses.
Now you can use your favorite old filter or lens and have fun.
So, now you know two methods to find out your old filters, right?
Next time don’t forget to remember the name of your favorite filters and lenses because it’s not fixed that you will find your favorite filters and lenses just by changing the date.
I think you should try new and trending filters or lenses as well, and you will like them.
Do you want to find all the new filters and lenses? – follow the steps mentioned below the title.
How to Get More Snapchat Filters and Lenses | All Snapchat Filters and Lenses List
Since 2019, we can see that Snapchat has been updating its app and features gradually.
Before 2018, there was no collection of filters and lenses, but now you will see a collection of filters and lense where you can get new, trending, and many more filters and lense.
To access filters and lens lists, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Open the Snapchat app on your device.
2. After you open the Snapchat app, you will see the Snapchat camera as default.
3. Now, place your face in front of your device camera.
4. After that long tap, your face is on your device screen until Snapchat detects your face.
5. After detecting your face, you will see different filters and lenses that appear at the bottom of your device screen.
6. Now slide right to pick the filter and lens. Choose any filter or lens.
7. Now, either you swipe up to see all new filters and lenses Or,
8. Click the ‘i in a circle‘ icon just below your Bitmoji and search icon.
9. Now, you will see the name of the lens and some options.
10. After that, click on More Lenses.
11. That’s it! Now you will see all the lists of filters and lenses.
12. You can also choose filters and lenses from the top navigation bar according to the category.
13. Now, scroll down and choose any filter or lens you want to use, and have fun.
There you go; this is how you access all Snapchat lists of filters and lenses on Snapchat.
Now, you can use new and amazing filters and lenses from the list, and you will also know which filters and lenses are on the trending list.
Also Read: How To Make Snapchat Filters For Free?
The snapchat filter is just a designed overlay or effect that we can add in real-time while taking snaps.
But some filters and lenses disappear automatically from the list of Lenses after Snapchat updates the filters and lenses.
If you have gone through the article, then this is not a big issue now.
If you directly landed in the conclusion section, then let us assure you that in this article, you can get steps on how to get new and old filters back on Snapchat and access the list of Snapchat filters and lenses.
We hope this article will be helpful for you and you will understand every step mentioned in this article.
If you have any queries or suggestions for us regarding this article, then you can leave us a comment in our comment section below.
And for more Snapchat tricks and tips, click on the link Snapchat Tips.