Snapchat is the most popular social media chatting app with more fun features in the app. You can see various confusing features available on Snapchat. Talking about the Snapchat feature is just not enough in a single article, so today, we will focus on the topic ‘lenses and filters.’
If you don’t know, filters and lenses that we use on Snapchat are10 just a designed overlay, or we can call it an effect. You can add effect while taking a snap, which makes your snaps look amazing.
Additional Information: Lenses and Filters on Snapchat are not a unique feature, in today’s date, we can see a different messaging app where we can use filters (for example- Instagram and Facebook Messenger) and even we can find many apps where we can create a video using different lense and filters in real-time, but it doesn’t work as messaging app. Still, you get a share button on those apps.
Snapchat allows its user to add lenses and filters in real-time while taking a snap and just one tap to send it to your friend or to add in your Snapchat story. Likewise, you can find various cool lenses and filters on Snapchat, which you can apply in your snap.
But let me clear you one thing that Snapchat filters and lenses keep updating. Sometimes you see some filters are just available for 3-4 days. After the update in filters, the old filters disappear from the primary filter, and you think there is no way to access those filters. And you are wrong!
You can still find your old filters and lenses on Snapchat. Do you want to get your old filter and lenses back? – follow the steps mentioned below.
How to Get Old Filters and Lenses Back 2021?
Don’t worry, even if you have lost your old filters and lenses, we will help you out to find out your old filters back. But before getting your old filters, you should enable the filter feature in your Snapchat account. To enable filters and lense, go to the link How To Enable And Use Snapchat Filters And Lenses?
After you have enabled your filters and lense, follow the steps mentioned below to get your old filters back.
- Open the Snapchat app on your device (Android or iPhone).
- If asked, log in to your Snapchat account.
- After you get logged into your account, you will see the Snapchat camera as default.
- Now, place your face in front of the camera and a long tap on your face.
- After the Snapchat function detects your face, you will see filters and lenses appear at the bottom of your screen.
- Now, slide on the right side and use one lens.
- After you select lense, you will see the ‘i in a circle‘ icon just below your Bitmoji and search.
- Click ‘i in a circle‘ icon. Now you will see the name of the lense and some options.
- After that, click on the More Lenses.
- And you will see all filters and lenses, under the section ( For You, Trending, Face, World, and Music).
- Now, if you know the name of your old filters or lenses then, you can search the name in the search box.
- But if you don’t know the name of the filter or lenses, then you have to scroll down and search for the filters manually.
There you go; this is how to get your old filters and lenses back. But if you don’t remember the name or icon of the old filters and lenses, you may have a problem searching for it. Wait! However, you can still search your old filters and lenses even you don’t remember the name and icon.
Additional Method: Change Date of Your Device
Do you remember the date when you used that filter? – If you remember the time when you used last, then we may help you out to find out your old filters and lenses back. And this is a most natural step than the steps mentioned above. We can name it as a Time Travel “lol,” it was just a part of a joke.
[Note: This method depends upon the date you set, and we don’t ensure that you will be able to find it 100%, but we hope you will find it out if you set the correct date (up to you).]
So, follow the steps mentioned below only if you remember the date you last used the filter or lens.
- Go to the Settings of your device.
- Either, tap Additional settings Or,
- Search Date & Time in the search box.
- Tap Date and Time after you find it.
- Now, click on the Toggle button, Turn off ‘Automatic date & Time.’
- And tap Set date.
- Now, set the date. Date when you used the old filter.
- Make sure you set the correct date, and click Ok.
- Now, after you change the date of your device, make sure you reset your device once.
- Now, open the Snapchat app on your device.
- You will see the Snapchat camera as default.
- After that, place your face in front of the Snapchat camera and keep pressing your face on your device screen, until it detects your face.
- After your face is detected, you will see old filters and lenses.
- Now you can use your favorite old filter or lense and have fun.
So, now you know two methods to find out your old filters, right? Next time don’t forget to remember the name of your favorite filters and lenses because it’s not fixed that you will find your favorite filters and lenses just by changing the date.
I think you should try new and trending filters or lenses as well, and you will like it. Do you want to find all the new filters and lenses? – follow the steps mentioned below the title.
How to Get More Snapchat Filters and Lenses | All Snapchat Filters and Lenses List
From 2019, we can see that Snapchat has been updating its app and features gradually. Before 2018, there was no collection of filters and lense, but now you will see the collection of filters and lense where you can get new, trending, and many more filters and lense.
To access filters and lense lists, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- After you open the Snapchat app, you will see the Snapchat camera as default.
- Now place your face in front of your device camera.
- After that long tap, your face on your device screen until Snapchat detects your face.
- After detecting your face, you will see different filters and lenses that appeared at the bottom of your device screen.
- Now slide right to pick filter and lens, choose any filter or lens.
- Now, either you swipe up to see all new filters and lenses Or,
- Click the ‘i in a circle‘ icon just below your Bitmoji and search icon.
- Now, you will see the name of the lens and some options.
- After that, click on the More Lenses.
- That’s it! Now you will see all the lists of filters and lenses.
- You can also choose filters and lenses from the top navigation bar according to the category.
- Now, scroll down and choose any filter or lens you want to use and have fun.
There you go, this is how you access all Snapchat lists of filters and lenses on Snapchat. Now, you can use new and amazing filters and lenses from the list, and you will also know which filters and lenses are on the trending list.
Snapchat filter is just a designed overlay or effect that we can add in real-time while taking snaps. But some filters and lenses disappear automatically from the list of Lenses after Snapchat updates the filters and lense. If you have gone through the article, then this is not a big issue now. If you directly landed in the conclusion section, then let us assure you that in this article, you can get steps on how to get new filters and old filters back on Snapchat and also how to access all the list of Snapchat filters and lenses.
We hope this article will be helpful for you, and you will understand every step mentioned in this article. If you have any queries or suggestions for us regarding this article, then you can leave us a comment in our comment section below.
And for more Snapchat tricks and tips, click on the link Snapchat Tips.