Telegram allows users to make a video or voice call to their friends and other new contacts all over the world. This helps to bring the relationship bond even closer than before. However, it also does cost you more. That’s because anybody can call you and disturb your personal life anytime even though you don’t want to. But you can control who can call you and who can’t. Plus, you can also completely disable calls, whether it’s voice or video on Telegram.
If you want to disable calls on Telegram then open your Telegram app.
Next, go to the settings from the left side. There, select the privacy and security option, and after that tap on calls. Finally, select a nobody radio button.
From now on, no one can call you on Telegram because there will be no call option available on your profile.
However, you can only allow your Telegram contacts to call you everyone and also choose selected contacts (like your close friends) to call you.
Do you want to know how you use this function on Telegram?
Make sure to read the whole article and find your answer.
- How to Delete Telegram Cache File
- How to Make Telegram Channel From Private to Public
- Make Video Or Voice Call On Telegram
How to Block Calls From Everyone on Telegram?
When Telegram was introduced in the market, then it was just a cloud-based instant messaging app.
But later on, it upgrades its app by adding various new features, including voice and video calls.
Using this, you can contact your Telegram friends and chat at the same time, just like on Instagram and Messenger.
By default, the call feature is available to everyone on Telegram unless you turn it off by yourself.
If you don’t want to receive calls from your friend on Telegram, then you can block calls on Telegram. This means hiding the voice and video call features from your Telegram profile.
So, in this section, I have provided some of the steps to prevent calls from someone on Telegram for Android, IOS, and Telegram desktop app.
Note: Before you start to deactivate the calls feature on Telegram, make sure to download the Telegram app on your device, which you are currently using.
Moreover, when you disable incoming voice calls on Telegram, then it will also deactivate your video call.
Disable Calls in Telegram Using Android App
Turning off voice and video calls on Telegram for Android app is so simple can you can complete it within a few minutes. So, this is how you do it.
- Launch your Telegram app.
- Tap on three horizontal lines from the upper left corner.
- Next, tap on Settings from the label.
- Now, select the Privacy and Security option under the settings section.
- After that, tap on calls.
- Finally, select a nobody radio button.
This is how you can disable your Telegram calls feature on an Android device.
Disable Calls in Telegram Using iPhone App
If you are using an IOS device, then there you have to follow slightly different steps than the above one to disable incoming calls on Telegram. But, don’t worry, it is even simple than you think.
- Open your Telegram app.
- Login to your account.
- Tap on the Setting gear icon from the bottom right corner.
- Next, tap on Privacy and Security.
- Under the Privacy section, tap on Voice Calls.
- Tick mark on Nobody option.
Disable Calls in Telegram Using Desktop App
Before we move to further steps, let me tell you that you can’t disable the call feature on Telegram Web.
This means the call feature is only available on the Telegram desktop app.
Now, here are the steps to prevent calls from someone on the Telegram desktop app.
- Open your computer.
- Double-click on the Telegram desktop app icon.
- Click on three horizontal lines, that is located in the upper left corner.
- Now, click on Settings.
- Next, choose the privacy and security option from the pop-up menu.
- There, click on calls.
- At last, switch from everybody to nobody.
How to Allow Voice and Video Calls to Only Telegram Contacts?
As I already mentioned, you also have the option to allow your Telegram calls feature to your Telegram contact only.
By doing this, only the friends which you have added to your Telegram account can call you through your number. Anybody who is not on your contact list can only able to message your but can’t make a voice or video call.
So, how do you set this option in your Telegram app? Have a closer look.
Note: The following processes are the same on Android, IOS as well as Telegram desktop app.
- First, access your Telegram app using your login credentials.
- After that, tap on three horizontal lines from the upper left side.
- Select the settings option.
- Now, tap on privacy and security.
- Next, tap on calls.
- Under who can call you, select the My contacts option.
This will set your calls feature to your Telegram friends only. So, they can only see a voice and video option in your chat.
How to Allow Calls to Selected Contacts on Telegram?
Telegram not only allows you to hide the calls feature from someone but also allows you to select selective friends to whom you can enable your voice and video call option.
This means adding them to call exceptions.
Let’s take an example; you don’t want to receive either voice or video calls on Telegram from anyone.
But you do love to call your close friends or loved ones every day whenever you have free time. In this condition, when you enable calls to those contacts only to whom you want to talk.
Apart from those contacts, nobody can make you a call.
If you get what I’m trying to say, then move to the following process.
- Launch Telegram.
- Login to your account.
- Go to Settings from the upper left of three horizontal lines.
- Now, select privacy and security.
- After that, tap on the calls option.
- Under Add Exception, tap on add users.
- Now, select contacts to whom you want to allow voice and video call features.
- Once done, tap on the tick mark from the upper right corner.
How to Enable Voice Calls on Telegram?
Does someone ever disable voice and video calls on your Telegram account just to irritate you?
It is fun as long as you know how to enable your call feature back. But what if you forget the process?
If that is so, then don’t worry and stop searching everywhere looking for the Telegram calls feature.
Just follow the following few procedures and unhide your Telegram call feature visible once again.
- First, open your Telegram app. After that, log in right away using a password and number.
- Tap on three lines menu from the upper left corner side. For IOS users, you can directly tap on the Settings gear icon.
- Scroll down and select the Settings option.
- Tap on the privacy and security section.
- Select voice calls/calls under the privacy section.
- Next, change from nobody to everybody or Only Contacts.
How to Mute Video Call on Telegram?
Are you fighting with your girlfriend on your Telegram but in your friend’s house? Then she might keep talking about everything that comes into her mouth.
How do you feel when your friend or their parents hear about it? Pretty bad, isn’t it?
In that case, you can turn off or mute video calls on Telegram.
This way, you can only see her video but without audio or her voice.
The fun part, she will never know about it.
However, don’t constantly ignore her other times by muting her video on Telegram.
Now, let’s back to our main topic.
- Open a Telegram account.
- Choose chat o where you want to make a video call.
- Tap on their display name.
- Make a video call.
- Once you are on the call then tap on the microphone icon at the bottom side. You will find this option beside the End call.
Now, you have muted a video call on Telegram. This will only run their video, but you will not listen to their voice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Disable Voice Recording in Telegram?
Yes, you can disable voice recording in the Telegram app.
Go to your device settings> select privacy option> tap on microphone> search and disable the telegram app.
What Happens When You Block/Disable Calls on Telegram?
When you can disable calls on Telegram then you prevent your friends from calling you.
Plus, your Telegram contacts won’t see either voice or video call option in your chat.
Finally, this is how you can block video and voice calls on Telegram.
This is the best way to keep your irritating friends or unknown person from calling you.
But remember, you can also restrict who can call you on Telegram by adding them to exceptions.
If you have any queries regarding Telegram, then feel free to ask in the comment section.