Instagram Stories are always fun to watch and create. You can make tons of short Instagram stories using either photo or video. If you want to decorate your Instagram story, then you can choose lots of filters, stickers as well as music. Do you know how people add music to Instagram story from time to time?
You can put any type of music to your Instagram story from the Instagram library. Simply, go to your story section and create a new story or choose from your device gallery. Next, tap on the Sticker icon from the upper section and select Music sticker. Now, choose or search your song and add it to your Instagram story.
Instagram also allows you to add music from various music streaming services such as Shazam, Spotify, SoundCloud, and more. So, in this article, we’ve shared a complete guide to add songs in your Instagram Story from the Instagram library and external music streaming like Spotify.
How to Add Music to Instagram Story?
Adding music to your Instagram story is not a difficult task. You have to just select music which you like and put it on your stories. There is lots of music which you can choose to match your content.
By default, Instagram music is only 15 seconds long. This means, if you upload a static image on your story, then music will be played only for 15 seconds. However, if you want to play music on your Instagram story for a longer time, then you have to add a video. As long as your video runs, your selected music will also run on your story.
Note: If you have a business Instagram account, then you can only select limited music for your story because of licensing agreements of Instagram.
Now, to put music on Instagram Story, follow the following steps.
- Download latest version of Instagram from the above link.
- Open your Instagram app.
- Tap on Your Story option from the upper left corner.
- Next, create or choose a video or photo for your Instagram story.
- Tap on a small square/sticker icon from the upper side.
- After that, tap on the Music option.
- Select your desired songs for your story. You can choose music from many popular singers.
- Once you are satisfied with your selected music, then choose a part of the music that you want to add to your story. You can also choose an entire song.
- Now, choose either music lyrics, a small music name box, or a music cover to appear in front of your story. You can also choose various fonts and styles for music lyrics.
- Finally, tap on the Your Story option from the bottom left corner to post your Instagram story.
How to Add Music From Spotify to Instagram Story?
As I already mentioned, you can also put songs to your Instagram story from popular songs streaming like Spotify. Saying this, if you don’t like any of the songs from the Instagram library, then simply choose your favorite songs from Spotify and play it with your Instagram story. This is the best way if you show emotion to your story from music.
When you want to add Spotify music to Instagram story, then make sure you have the latest version of Spotify as well as Instagram on your mobile device. If you use an outdated version, then you can have trouble uploading music from Spotify to Instagram.
Download Spotify for Android/IOS
Now, to add spotify music to the Instagram story, simply,
- Open the Spotify app on your device.
- Select a Music that you want to share on your story.
- Next, tap on three dots from the upper right corner.
- Now, tap on the Share option.
- After that, select the Instagram Stories option. You will automatically see your selected song icon and link to your Instagram story.
- Finally, tap on the Your Story option from the bottom left corner to share Spotify song to the Instagram story.
This way, you can share your other favorite music from Spotify on your Instagram stories.
Why Can’t I Add Music to Instagram Story?
There are many reasons that why you can’t add song to your Instagram story. An issue varies from device to device and Instagram app to app. Considering those issues, I have listed all the possible issues and their solution to fix “can’t add music to Instagram story” error.
Take a closer look.
- Unavailable Music option to your location/country because of copyright.
- Outdated version of the Instagram app.
- Slow Internet connection
- Unavailable songs
- Crashed Instagram app
- Using branded content
- Check your internet connection
- Update Instagram app
- Restart Instagram
- Select short music
- Check other available songs
- Don’t choose inappropriate songs
You can give life to your Instagram story with song. It is a better way to show your feeling to your Instagram friends. So, add music to Instagram story from various selections of songs or tracks on the library. Moreover, you can also share other songs from the Spotify app to your Instagram within few minutes.
Also, it will be better if you use the latest version of the Instagram app on your device to use the music option.
If you have any queries related to Instagram, then feel free to ask in the comment section.