Has your country recently been made available for Instagram music? Or, do you want to use this cool feature where you can add music to your Instagram story without it being available in your region? Well, do not worry. We are here to provide you with a full guide on how you can add music to an Instagram story either way. So, read on and allow yourself to try this cool feature out without a lot of hassle or issues.
To add music to an Instagram story, the feature must be available in your region. This is only if you are using the official Instagram music sticker. If not, then you can play music in the background of your story and try to make sure it is not copyrighted and removed. If not, you can go to your story panel, look for the Instagram story sticker, tap on it and add the music you want to. From this method, you also get to add live lyrics and a dynamic album cover to the story.
So, whatever method you want to apply, we have got you covered. Read the full article for all the ins and outs on how to add music to an Instagram story easily.
Can You Add Music To Instagram Story
Yes, back in 2018, Instagram made the great feature to add music to a story available in select countries. As we go further, Instagram has made this feature available to countries in more regions. Moreover, you can also choose the music that you want to add to your story beforehand and then take a picture or a cool video and then upload it to your Instagram stories. Either way, this feature makes the overall Instagram experience even better and more fun.
How To Know If Instagram Music Is Available In Your Region
SO, now that we know that you can add music to an Instagram story, the question is why this feature is not working on your device or Instagram app? There are simple reasons that Instagram has not made this feature available in your region yet. Due to this, you do not have the music sticker on your Instagram app and cannot make use of this feature.
So, how does one tell when Instagram music is not available in their region? There are a few simple ways to find out. Some of these, we have listed below for your convenience.
- If you cannot listen to the Instagram story music that other users add to their stories, then that means the feature is not available in your region. You will get a popup message that reads “ Instagram story not available in your region”, in such a case.
- Another way to know is if you have the updated and latest version of the Instagram app then you can check the stickers section in your story panel. If you see a sticker labeled ‘music’ then that means this feature is available in your region. Otherwise, the feature is not available for you to use and you may have to find other ways to add music to your Instagram story.
How To Add Music To An Instagram Story
So, now that we know the basics of music in your Instagram stories, then now we get to the main best part. How to add music to an Instagram story in the easiest way. The two best methods are the ones that we have previously mentioned too.
- You can add music to an Instagram story by using the official music sticker that is available in your story panel. This sticker is available if the feature is available in your region.
- Another method to add music to an Instagram story is by playing the music in your third party music app. The music ten gets integrated to the video snap that you are taking on your Instagram app. Unlike the official music sticker, this method cannot be applied to add music over a snap for your story.
So, let us learn the step-by-step process that you can get either of these options done in.
Add Music To Instagram Story With Sticker
To add music to Insgtagram story with the help of the official sticker, you need to have your app updated to the latest version. Moreover, Instagram must have provided this feature to your country region. Once this is in placec, you can follow the steps below.
Step 1: Open Instagram In Your Device
First, open the Instagram app in your device by tapping on it. You can then log in to Instagram using your login credentials.
Step 2: Go To Story
Next, you can either go to the story panel in your Instagram app by swiping right, or you can tap on the profile icon on the top left corner of the screen to get to your own Instagram story.
Step 3: Add Music Sticker Before/After Taking Story
The best part about the music sticker is that you can add it before you take an Instagram story video or photo or after. So, either way, you can tap on the stickers option on the top right corner of the screen. Or, you can swipe up on the Instagram story space.
In the sticker place, tap on the search bar and look for music. Or, if you directly find the sticker, then just add the music sticker.
Step 4: Select Music
Once the music sticker is added, you can then select the music from the thousands of songs that Instagram has made available for you to use.
Step 5: Select Music Timing
Once you select the music that you want to use, you can then select the exact part of the song that you want to keep in the story.
Step 6: Add Instagram Story
Once that is done, you get to add both an on screen lyric and also a dynamic album cover to your Instagram story too. Finally, you can add your Instagram story by tapping on the send option and that is done and done!!
Add Music To Instagram Story With Third-Party Tools
So, what if Instagram music is not available in your region? You still want to use Instagram story with music. Then, you can try to use a third party music tool to listen to music and play it while you take a video snap. Unlike with the official music sticker on Instagram,you cannot use this feature when you are just adding a single photo snap to your Instagram story.
Step 1: Open Instagram App
First, open the Instagram app in your device by tapping on it. You can then log in to your Instagram account using your login credentials.
Step 2: Open A Music App In Your Device
Next, go to the music app in your device and open the song that you want to add to your Instagram story.
Step 3: Play Music
Play the music that you want to add from the app itself.
Step 4: Go To Instagram And Take Video
Next, while the music is playing in your phone device, then go to the Instagram app. On the app, go to your Instagram story and then take a video by pressing on the circular icon on the middle of the screen.
Step 5: Add Video To Instagram Story
Once the video is recorded, if there are no copyright issues, then you canm add the music to the Instagram story and add it. However, in case Instagram flags the music, then the story will still be there but you will no longer be able to listen to the music.
Note: The only downside to this option is that you cannot add music that will create copyright issues. In such a cas,e Instagram will remove the music from your story and only the story will be visible.
Can You Add Your Own Music To The ‘Add Music’ On Instagram
To add your own music to Instagram story, you need to use third party applications. One such application that is not free, but a real good deal is Distrokid. This application allows you to upload songs to platforms such as Instgram, Spotify and more. Once you go through with the process, you can then use the same process as above with the music sticker to add that music of yours to Instagram story snaps and videos.
How to Add Music to Instagram Story?
Adding music to your Instagram story is not a difficult task. You have to just select music which you like and put it on your stories. There is lots of music which you can choose to match your content.
By default, Instagram music is only 15 seconds long. This means, if you upload a static image on your story, then music will be played only for 15 seconds. However, if you want to play music on your Instagram story for a longer time, then you have to add a video. As long as your video runs, your selected music will also run on your story.
Note: If you have a business Instagram account, then you can only select limited music for your story because of licensing agreements of Instagram.
Now, to put music on Instagram Story, follow the following steps.
- Download latest version of Instagram from the above link.
- Open your Instagram app.
- Tap on Your Story option from the upper left corner.
- Next, create or choose a video or photo for your Instagram story.
- Tap on a small square/sticker icon from the upper side.
- After that, tap on the Music option.
- Select your desired songs for your story. You can choose music from many popular singers.
- Once you are satisfied with your selected music, then choose a part of the music that you want to add to your story. You can also choose an entire song.
- Now, choose either music lyrics, a small music name box, or a music cover to appear in front of your story. You can also choose various fonts and styles for music lyrics.
- Finally, tap on the Your Story option from the bottom left corner to post your Instagram story.
How to Add Music From Spotify to Instagram Story?
As I already mentioned, you can also put songs to your Instagram story from popular songs streaming like Spotify. Saying this, if you don’t like any of the songs from the Instagram library, then simply choose your favorite songs from Spotify and play it with your Instagram story. This is the best way if you show emotion to your story from music.
When you want to add Spotify music to Instagram story, then make sure you have the latest version of Spotify as well as Instagram on your mobile device. If you use an outdated version, then you can have trouble uploading music from Spotify to Instagram.
Download Spotify for Android/IOS
Now, to add spotify music to the Instagram story, simply,
- Open the Spotify app on your device.
- Select a Music that you want to share on your story.
- Next, tap on three dots from the upper right corner.
- Now, tap on the Share option.
- After that, select the Instagram Stories option. You will automatically see your selected song icon and link to your Instagram story.
- Finally, tap on the Your Story option from the bottom left corner to share Spotify song to the Instagram story.
This way, you can share your other favorite music from Spotify on your Instagram stories.
Why Can’t I Add Music to Instagram Story?
There are many reasons that why you can’t add song to your Instagram story. An issue varies from device to device and Instagram app to app. Considering those issues, I have listed all the possible issues and their solution to fix “can’t add music to Instagram story” error.
Take a closer look.
- Unavailable Music option to your location/country because of copyright.
- Outdated version of the Instagram app.
- Slow Internet connection
- Unavailable songs
- Crashed Instagram app
- Using branded content
- Check your internet connection
- Update Instagram app
- Restart Instagram
- Select short music
- Check other available songs
- Don’t choose inappropriate songs
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions on how to add music to an Instagram story are below.
How To Add Music To Instagram Post
You can always take a video with music and then upload it to Instagram. Moreover, Instagram has a music gallery of more than thousands of songs that you can use to add to your Instagram posts, reels and stories.
Why Can’t I Add Music To Instagram Story
If you cannot add music to Instagram story then maybe the feature is not available in your region yet. If not, you can also try to clear out the cache from your device for the Instagram app. Otherwise, try to refresh the app and reinstalling the app. An updated version of the app gets added to your device which can also help.
You can give life to your Instagram story with song. It is a better way to show your feeling to your Instagram friends. So, add music to Instagram story from various selections of songs or tracks on the library. Moreover, you can also share other songs from the Spotify app to your Instagram within few minutes.
Also, it will be better if you use the latest version of the Instagram app on your device to use the music option.
If you have any queries related to Instagram, then feel free to ask in the comment section.