Instagram is a social networking service developed by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. Instagram was launched on October 6, 2010. Later, Facebook purchased Instagram for $1 billion on April 9, 2012. Instagram is a platform where we can share a photo, video, and communicate by chatting or a video call. Instagram was nominated for the Teen Choice Award for Choice Social Network and had a Shorty Award for Apps. let’s find out why should we unfollow users?
There are many reasons why people unfollow their followers; due to spam, unwanted people, to hide profiles and increase privacy. let’s not talk deeply about the reasons why people unfollow users. Let’s start how to unfollow users and methods to unfollow users on Instagram.
Methods to Unfollow People in Instagram
There are two methods to unfollow people in Instagram
- Do it manually
- Using Third-Party Application(Automation)
You can unfollow people whom you are following. Still, there is no option to unfollow a group of people at once if you are using the Instagram app. However, you can do it using various third-party applications that are developed to unfollow users. But you still have limitations in unfollowing users. If you go against the Instagram policy, it will result in a temporary ban, or you can’t follow people for a few hours.
[NOTE: you can unfollow 200 people in an hour and around 600 in a day. If you try to unfollow more people, then they might temporarily block your account according to their policy.]
If you want to unfollow Instagram users faster, then you can use App, which automatically unfollows people you followed in large numbers in a short time.
How to Unfollow Users Manually on iphone and Android?
- Open the Instagram application in your cell-phone and log-in with your Username and Password.
- Click on the Profile icon, which is on the bottom-right corner of your screen just beside the heart icon.
- Click on the “following” section. It is on the top-right corner of your cell-phone screen. After that, you can see a list of people you followed.
- Now, click on the “Following” button next right to a Username of the person you want to unfollow.
- Click on the Unfollow button form the dialogue box.
- Now, go to the personal profile of the person you just unfollowed. If the person is following you, you will see the “Follow Back” button right next to the username, else you will see the “Follow” button.
You have successfully unfollowed the person you want to unfollow.
How to Unfollow Users in Instagram Manually on PC?
- Open any browser that you have in your device and type Www.Instagram.com, which will take you to the Instagram website. Now, Log-in to get access in your feed using your Username and Password.
- Click on the profile icon, which is a person-shaped icon on the top-right corner beside the heart icon of your Instagram feed page. This will take you to the profile page of your account.
- Click on the “following” button, which is just below the Gear icon.
- After you click on the following button, you will see all the usernames of people you are following.
Now, click on the “Following” button just beside of username you want to unfollow.
- Finally, click the “Unfollow” button to unfollow users. Now repeat the same steps to unfollow other users as well.
Now, if you visit the profile of the user, you just have unfollowed, then there will be Follow Back or Follow button just beside their username.
You have successfully unfollowed the user from your Instagram Account.
How to Unfollow Users using Application for Mobile?
You can find different applications in the Play Store and App Store to unfollow users from your Instagram account. You can download any application you want to otherwise search for the best unfollow application on the website for Instagram. I have downloaded Followers – Unfollowers App in my device, and these are the steps according to the application.
- Go to the Play Store or App Store and search for unfollow application for Instagram. Now download any unfollow application in your device.
- After the download and installation are done, open the application that you have installed in your device and log-in to the application using your Instagram Username and Password.
- After you log-In your account in unfollow application, you will be redirected to the homepage of the application. Now under the application name, you can find the “Don’t follow back” option or unfollow.
- Keep swiping left until you find the “I follow” option. You will see all the followers you have been following.
Now, you will see “UNFOLLOW 20 From TOP” or “UNFOLLOW 20 From BOTTOM” at the bottom of the application on your screen. Click one button either you want to unfollow from top or bottom. But you can only unfollow 20 followers at one click and less than 100 followers inside one hour; otherwise, your account may be temporarily blocked.
These are the few steps to unfollow people you are following using the application on your device. But try this method at your own risk.
Now you can use any method to unfollow users if you have a problem with them. If you find any queries you can leave a comment on the comment section below: we will be happy to answer your question. Thank you for reading my article, if you need any guide regarding Instagram you can also visit our website!