Tiktok, owned by ByteDance, is a media app for creating and sharing short video clips online. TikTok was launched as Douyin in China in September 2016, which was later launched worldwide as TikTok one year later. Later on, ByteDance brought musical.ly on November 9, 2017, and combined the two apps into single to create a massive video community with existing data keeping the title TikTok.
TikTok now is one of the most popular video-sharing apps among youth and teenagers across the globe. The application has been downloaded over 1 Billion times, including 96 million in the United States. The application allows shooting a 15-second video and a short looping video of up to 60-seconds and share it on their profile.
If you want to know how to create a TikTok account, continue reading. Here is step by step guide to creating a brand new TikTok Account.
Setup your TikTok Account
Download and Install TikTok Application
- If you have an Android device, go to your Play Store, and if you have an IOS device, open your App Store.
- Search of TikTok on the search bar and install the application on your mobile device.
- Once the application is downloaded and installed on your device, open the app.
Create a TikTok Account
- When you first-time open TikTok, it won’t ask you to create an account. It will show you feeds of video clips on the homepage that are popular.
- To open the signup options, tap on the Me icon (profile icon) on the bot tom right corner of your mobile screen. You can also tap on the Followingto open the sign-up options.Advertisement
- There are three options to choose to create a TikTok account:
You can register an account with your phone number, email account, or any of the given social media account: Facebook, Google, Tweeter, and Instagram.
- Here I am choosing Sign up with a phone or email button because if you choose any of the social media icons, you will be providing third party app permission of other social media sites. If you want to permit, then select the Social media icon.
- Next, Enter your Date of Birth by scrolling the month day and year section. And click the next button on the bottom right to proceed to the next page.
- Now there you can either enter your phone number or an email address to get the confirmation code.
Here I am using my email address to get the verification code.
After you enter your phone number or the email address, tap on the Next arrow button on the bottom right to set your password for your account.
- Now set the account password that you want to use for signing in to your TikTok account. Then click the Checkmark to confirm your password. You might need to verify your password with a CAPTCHA or an image.
- After you are verified, you will be redirected to TikTok’s profile.
Now you can record and edit videos by tapping in the add button (+) on the bottom of the screen.
There you go, you have successfully created a TikTok account. There were easy steps to create a TikTok account. You can edit your TikTok account username and profile picture by tapping on the “Edit profile.” Now create video clips, share it with your friends and family and be famous.