Being a popular instant messaging app, Kik doesn’t offer its users to make a video call. You don’t find any feature to make a face to face conversation with your friend or in a group. In Kik version 1, Kik provided the feature to make a video call. Later in 2016, update “version 2,” Kik removed the feature, and there is a reason why Kik removed the feature. However, you can record live videos and share saved videos on Kik. We can say that substitute for a video call is you can send video messages on Kik.
If you have just started using the Kik app, let me assure you that you don’t get any features to video call with your friends, but you can send them videos. You can send live recorded videos and saved videos as well. While recording live video, you can shoot up to 15-second video and share your live video. But you can send saved video from your gallery and has no time limit; you can send any video size file on Kik.
So today, in this article, we will guide you on how to send live video and saved videos on Kik. If you are willing to send video messages on Kik, then stay with us and read the full article mentioned below according to their title.
How to Capture Live Video and Send it to Your Friend on Kik?
Like other popular applications, its simple to capture short videos on Kik. You can shoot up to 15-second video while capturing live video. If you don’t know how to capture a short video and how to send it to your friend, then follow the step-by-step procedure mentioned below.
- Open the Kik application in your device.
- If asked, log in to your Kik account.
- After you log in to your account, you will see the chat list as the default home.
- Now, open chat with your friend to whom you want to send live recorded video.
- After that, click on the camera icon from the bottom navigation bar.
- After you tap the camera, you will see the Kik camera on your screen.
- Now, click on the capture button and hold for 15 seconds until your live video is recorded. (You can only capture live videos for 15 seconds.)
- After your live video is ready, click on the SEND button to share your recorded video.
There you go, this is how you send your live recorded video to your friend. Similarly, follow the steps mentioned above to send live video to other friends as well; you cant send the same live videos to all your friends at once.
But you can record your video from your device and send saved videos from your device on Kik. You can’t send long videos as well, but it takes time and depends upon the video size you share. So, if you want to send/share your saved videos to your friend, then follow the heading stated below.
How to Send Saved Videos on Kik from Device Gallery?
Sending videos to your friends is a common feature that you will find in almost all the app. So does Kik lets you to share your saved videos from your device on Kik. So, if you want to attach a video message to your friends, then follow the step-by-step procedure mentioned below.
- Open the Kik messenger in your device.
- After you open the app, you will see the chat list as the default home.
- Now, open the chat with your friend whom you want to send saved video as a message.
- After you open the chat, from the bottom navigation bar, tap on the Gallery icon below ‘Type a message…‘
- After that, choose the video that you want to send. You can also select multiple photos and videos to share with your friend.
- Finally, click on the SEND button from Type a message…‘ box.
This is how you share saved videos with your friend. Since you can’t send videos to all of your friends at once, follow the same steps mentioned below to share with your other friends.
You can also capture live photos or send photos from your gallery. If you want to know how to send pictures on Kik, go to the link.
TIPS: Things you should know before recording and sending video messages to your friends
- Open you open the Kik camera, tap on the screen to focus your Kik camera.
- After you open the Kik camera, you can click on the capture button to take a photo and long press to record videos.
- After you choose or record a video, you can add a caption to a video. And send it as a video message.
- You can add multiple videos at once before sending it to your friend.
How to Share Video With Your Friends That You Received?
On the Kik app, you cant share video with your multiple friends at once. However, you can send a video to your friend and share the same video with your friends.
So, if you want to send the same live recorded video with your friends, then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the chat with your friend, whom you sent the live recorded video.
- Now, scroll up or down and search for the live video you sent.
- After you find the video, click on the share icon of the video.
- Now, choose a friend that you want to share a video with from the chat list.
- After you choose a friend, your video will automatically be added to the message box of your friend.
- Finally, click on the SEND button from the message box.
So these are the steps to share videos with your friend. Since you cant share videos with your friends at once, each time, follow the steps mentioned below to share video with your friends.
Related Article: How to Send Fake Live Camera Picture on Kik
Lastly, even Kik doesn’t provide a feature to make a face to face conversation; you can enjoy your conversation by sending and sharing a video as a message on Kik. And you can also record video from the Kik camera and select a video from the camera roll of your device.
If you just landed in a conclusion to find out how to send video messages on Kik then, please scroll up and follow the headings mentioned above. We have mentioned all the process on how you can send a video on Kik and different method to share a video with your friend. We hope you will like this article and will be helpful for you.
Besdies, if you have any queries or suggestions regarding this article, you can leave us a comment in our comment section below. Fell free to mention your problem; we are always ready to solve your problem.
And if you want more guidance and tips on Kik, you can go to the link Kik Tips.