In the Instagram reel, speeding up a video is a terrific technique to display more information quickly and enhance your Reel’s appeal. Using the app’s default feature, you can speed up the video you shot in Instagram reels. So how to increase the speed of a clip on Instagram reels?
To increase the speed of a clip on Instagram reels,
1. Open the Instagram App.
2. Tap the plus icon at the top of the page.
3. Tap Reel.
4. Start recording by pressing the record button.
5. Tap 1x speed.
6. Choose the 2x and 3x options to speed up your reel.
How To Create Instagram Reels?
Making Reels is simple if you are familiar with Instagram or TikTok. Here are some straight and easy steps to create Reels on Instagram.
- Log in to your Instagram.
- You’ll see a plus sign at the top right of the page. Tap on it.
- Select Reel at the bottom of the page next to the story option.
- Record or upload your video clip.
Reels can be recorded all at once or in a sequence of clips one at a time. If you set a timer early on, there is a countdown before the hands-free recording begins.
You can hit the record button once to stop recording and again to begin recording a new clip.
How To Increase The Speed Of A Clip On Instagram Reels?
To increase the speed of a clip on Instagram Reels, create a new reel on Instagram Reels, then click the speed setting on the left side of the screen to quicken the speed of a clip. To speed up your clip, select the 2x or 3x options. You may create 15 to 30-second multi-clip videos with audio, filters, and entertaining effects with Reels.
For a detailed explanation of how to do this, keep reading.
On Instagram reels, a clip’s speed can be increased by:
- Open the Instagram app.
- To create a new post, tap the plus (+) icon at the top of the page.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Reel.
- Start recording the Reel by pressing the record button.
- On the left slide of your screen, tap 1x speed.
- To speed up your Instagram Reel, choose the 2x or 3x options.
Open the Google Play or iOS App stores on your phone, search for “Instagram,” and ensure you have the most recent version if you still cannot see the speed choice in Instagram Reels.
How To Increase The Speed Of A Pre-recorded Clip On Instagram Reels?
Unfortunately, Instagram no longer allows you to speed up a clip uploaded from your phone library. You can, however, slow down the video with a third-party app and then upload it to your Instagram Reel.
While we haven’t personally tested them, here are a few of the most popular apps for video editing on your phone:
- In short
Open the video clip in the software, then look for the speed setting, which is usually located beneath the video clip or in the clip’s setting. You can then speed up the clip to your choice, return to your Instagram app, and add that video to your Reel.
Different methods for increasing the speed of clips on Instagram use different devices.
Method 1: Speed Up Pre-recorded Clips In Instagram Reels On Desktop
We can use an online reel video editor to speed up a clip on reels on Instagram. Unfortunately, Instagram lacks features for speeding up existing video clips on reels. As a result, we must download and install FlexClip like online reel video editors on our desktop devices.
It has an advanced editing function for Instagram video clips on reels. For example, we can flip the Instagram reels and add more effects. Furthermore, many library resources are available to edit video clips for Instagram reels. It contains video clips, photographs, music, and animated clips.
These are the steps to increase the speed of a clip using a FlexClip:
- Open the FlexClip editor and drag an existing reel video clip with the correct aspect ratio.
- The drag-and-drop method can add mobile video footage to the timeline.
- Click the speed icon in the top bar to change the speed of an existing Reels video clip.
- Change the speed of the existing video clips on reels from 0.2x to 8x.
- Ass special effects to the reel clip before downloading it to share on Instagram.
Method 2: Increase The Speed Of Recorded Clips Using An Iphone
Using the Hyperlapse iPhone app, we can adjust the existing video clips for Instagram reels. Furthermore, it is one of the best Instagram video editing and development apps. It is used to upload existing videos or record new ones with speed adjustments ranging from 1x to 12x for editing the reels.
Complete the task by following the steps:
- On the iPhone, download and install the Hyperlapse app.
- Launch the application and import video clips from the gallery to speed up editing.
- The speed controller’s default setting is 6x.
- Change the desired scale from 1x to 12x.
- Finally, save your changes, download the video, and share it with your Instagram followers.
Method 3: Increase The Speed Of Recorded Clips Using Android
SlowMo and FastMo applications for Android smartphones are available to speed up video clips for Instagram. It is the video clip speed changer application for reels. You can add multiple clips to the timeline. Furthermore, the android application allows you to speed up or slow down any video clip section.
To finish the task, follow the steps below:
- Install the SlowMo and FastMo apps from the Google Play store.
- Adjust the speed of a clip for Instagram reels by opening the existing video in the speed changer application.
- Change the speed from 1x to 2x before saving the video.
- Finally, share it on social media by uploading it to Instagram.
How To Set A Time Limit For Your Instagram Reel?
To set a time limit for your Instagram Reels, follow these steps.
- Select the timer icon, the second last icon on the left side of the screen.
- You may set a timer for the length of your clip when using the timer icon in the app or live to record.
- You can set a countdown of 3 or 10 seconds to postpone filming, which is helpful so you can prepare before your video starts.
These instructions will show you how to set a time limit for your Instagram reel.
How To Decrease The Speed Of A Clip On Instagram Reels?
On Instagram, it is the same process to speed up and slow down the video. But there are different choices available. For example, you can slow down the speed of the clips on reels by choosing between the .3x and .5x options.
Here are a few steps for decreasing the speed of a clip on Instagram reels:
- Tap the plus icon in the Instagram profile tab at the top of the screen.
- Hit the reel option after that.
- Tap the speed icon on the left side of the camera screen after it has opened.
- To make a slow-motion video, use the 0.3x or 0.5x speed.
- After that, tap the button to begin filming.
- You may now add stickers, and text, utilize filters, and doodle.
- Once your video is complete, tap the arrow to share it with reels.
Reasons To Use Instagram Reels
You can share your reels in a specific area on the explore page, on your story, or via direct message. People who don’t even follow you on Instagram can view your reels because you might know how to use Instagram Reels for business as they might appear on the explore page, like TikTok videos on the For You page.
It means that your clips can be found by the larger community merely based on involvement, regardless of whether you have a sizable audience. It is an awesome chance for you to increase your audience and followers.
Instagram Reels can be a means of creative expression. For example, individuals frequently utilize Instagram Reels to make quick movies while traveling or if they want something additional in their feeds.
What Is The Difference Between Instagram Story And Reels?
Instagram Reels have a maximum length of 90 seconds, which is six times longer than Instagram stories’ 15 seconds limit. Because of this, Instagram Reels are more detailed than stories.
You must post several daily clips if you require a story longer than 15 seconds.
You can add Instagram Reels to your profile feed. Additionally, they will remain accessible in the separate “Reels” tab until erased. However, Instagram Stories only remain for 24 hours after being posted. Therefore, this feature is a better option if you need to promote evergreen content.
Instagram stories can be saved as clips on your device or as highlights. These will continue to display under your profile information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you have further questions about Instagram, answers to some of the most common ones are below.
Can I Speed Up Existing Videos That I Recorded Outside Of The App?
Unfortunately, you cannot modify a video directly filmed outside of the app; if the recording takes place through the reels, you can do the speed change of a video.
What Is The Longest Instagram Reel Length?
When recording an Instagram reel, you can choose four lengths, but the longest is 90 seconds.
Can Slow Motion Videos Be Made Using Instagram’s Reel Creator’s “Speed” feature?
Yes, you can create slow-mo videos using the “Speed” function on the IG reel creator, typically used to speed up the video. To slow down the video on the Reel you’re making, tap a number other than the default “1x.”
Can I Speed Up The Video I Made For My Instagram Reel After I Posted It?
Unluckily, you cannot speed up or even slow down a video after uploading it to Instagram as a reel. Therefore, you won’t see the “Speed” option even if you tap the “Manage” button after pressing the menu.
Why Are My Videos On Instagram So Slow?
Your Instagram videos might be slow due to a few reasons. For example, you might need a better internet connection, or the video’s size being too huge to upload rapidly is another issue. After attempting these fixes, you should lower your videos’ resolution if they’re still laggy.
How To Search Reels On Instagram?
Use the search box at the app’s top to quickly search for Reels. Use the search feature to enter a term and explore the content, users, and associated hashtags.
With a few easy steps, you can edit and record Instagram reels. There is no restriction on how much you can edit the reels, so they can be edited or left untouched. You can share the reels with your loved ones, friends, followers, and many more.
We’ve also covered how to make Instagram reels and speed up or slow down the clips using Desktop, iPhone, and Android.
This article should have given you the knowledge necessary to make a reel and edit the reels made on Instagram. For more information about related topics to discuss on social media, browse the other articles on our website.