Forgetting our email password can cause lots of trouble – when we have important works to complete. We usually forgot our password because we haven’t used our account for a long time.
Do you get in such a situation where you locked out yourself from your AOL account? You may have type random password to get through into your account, but you cannot think of it properly. At this moment, you feel annoyed and desperate to get back into your account and fuming over yourself why it happened only today? However, there is a way where you can recover your AOL mail password, and once again, you can use your AOL account.
So, today, I will guide you on how to recover your AOL mail password in this article. Once you follow the steps which I have explained down below, then you can minimize your frustration level because I know you are already too frustrated while trying to recover your AOL account. You came into the right article where you can solve your problem regarding the AOL mail password.
How To Recover Your AOL Mail Password
Currently, AOL offers a password reset option instead of password recovery – as it is a more secure approach to protect your account. AOL makes it so easier to recover your account with these simple steps. So just follow the procedure steps by steps.
- Open your browser and then type AOL.com, which will redirect you to its official website.
- Now click on the “login/join” button at the upper right corner of the homepage, after that, you get into the sign-in page of AOL.
- After that, enter your “username” in the text field and click on the Next button for further steps.
Note: If you don’t remember your AOL username, then click on “Forgot username” that will redirect you to AOL Sign-in Helper Page. Then enter your email address or phone number to retrieve your username.
- Now click on the “forgot password” button down below.
- After that, there is a message “Do you have access to this phone?” and previously, if you have registered your phone number while creating your AOL account, then AOL will send you a verification code to verify that the number belongs to you. Now, click on “Yes, text me a verification code” to get a verification code in order to reset your password.
Note: If you don’t have access to the phone number, which you used while sign up, then select “I don’t have access to this phone.” Once you click to select that option, the customer support page opens where you can choose support options.
- Now, enter the verification code in the required field, which you have received in your phone, after that click the “verify” button.
- Finally, enter the “new password” in the text field, after that again confirm your password and then click the “Continue” button to end the process.
This way you can recover your AOL mail password. Pretty simple right?
Additional Tips To Secure Your Login Information
When you are creating an account for the very first time, then try to use the current version of the internet browser. It can save your username and password in the browser database with the help of its auto-fill features as your desire. Whenever you enter your username in order to login to your account, then your password will automatically appear in the field. It will be quite useful for you in case you forgot your password while login into your account.
In this way, you can also save your AOL username and password in your browser.
How Can You Create Secure Passwords?
Some people use a common number and alphabets for their account password because it will be easier to remember. But, it is not a secure way to create your password. A common password can lead to easy access for hackers – as they can steal your valuable information from your account. So, we will teach you some tips in order to create a secure and robust password
- Always avoid using common passwords such as 1234 or myname – it will be easier to guess.
- Try to use a long password for your accounts as it seems more secure.
- Always remember to avoid building passwords on your personal details such as addresses, dates of birth, or phone numbers.
- Don’t use the letters that are next to each other in your keyword.
- Use unique passwords for each site.
- At last, remember to change your password from time to time.
Just follow these tips while creating your password which is more essential for your account.
Your password is like your private property – forget it, then you will lose all your valuable information. But, no need to worry about it because you have learned the procedure on how to recover it properly in this article. If you have any queries or find difficulty while recovering your AOL mail password, then feel free to leave a comment in the comment section down below and visit our site online help guide for more AOL related articles.
Thank you for taking the time to read our article.