Life without the calendar could be helpless because we are so attached to it for organizing our day to day schedule. The calendar helps us in different ways, whether we are keeping track of our events or we need to remember our important dates.
Although people still use the wall calendar to manage their schedule, it still lacks something when it comes to the reminder. So, people are shifting from the wall calendar to a modern calendar to manage their schedules. And, if you are one of them, who want to use the modern calendar to organize your tasks, then you came into the right article.
You can use either the Webmail calendar or other calendars that you can find it on your mobile devices. But today, we are going to talk about the Webmail calendar, especially the AOL calendar, and how to use the AOL calendar properly in this article. Can’t wait to move your tasks and schedule to the AOL calendar then follow the procedure steps by steps.
How to Use the AOL Calendar?
There are simple ways to use the AOL calendar where you can schedule your task, create an event, and more. You can also access some of its features without consuming more time. It is the best option to clear the fog around your life. So first of let’s get started by creating a new calendar.
Note: When you open your AOL calendar, AOL already creates a new calendar using the username of your AOL account. However, if you want to create another new calendar, and then follow the steps down below.
Before moving to the steps, you must have an AOL account. So, if you still haven’t created your AOL account, then check our article on How to create an AOL account.
How to Create a New Calendar?
- First of all, open your browser and then type calendar.aol.com.
- Now, enter your AOL “Username” and “Password” to get access to the AOL calendar.
- After that, select the “More” option, which is at the upper right side of the page next to the New Event.
- Now, choose the “Add Calendar” from the drop-down menu to create your new calendar in AOL.
- Type the “Name” in the text field, which will be your AOL calendar name.
- After that, there is an option where you can make your calendar either private or public.
Note: If you want to only access your AOL calendar addresses, then select “Private.” However, if you want to share your AOL calendar addresses to other people, then select “Public.”
- AOL gives you an option where you can share your calendar with other people. So, if you want to give access to your AOL calendar to others, then enter their email address in the text.
Note: You can give access your AOL calendar to any Webmail accounts.
- Finally, click on the “Add” button to create your new calendar in AOL.
Now, you have successfully created your new calendar in AOL webmail. So, you can add or manage your upcoming events inside your new calendar.
How to Add an Event in the Calendar?
You have already created your new calendar with the steps which I have mentioned above. So, in order to add your new event.
- Open your AOL calendar.
- Now, click on “New Event” which is at the upper right side of the page next to more options. This opens the page where you can add your upcoming event.
- Type your event title in the text field as your desired.
- Now select the exact date and time of your event. If your event was for tomorrow, then set a date for tomorrow.
- Now choose the “calendar” on which you want to add your upcoming event.
- In the next step, set a reminder for your event. It reminds your events according to the reminder which you choose inside the reminder option.
Note: You can even custom your reminder time for your event.
- Now, you can add your event location, which helps to let you know the exact place for your event.
Note: If you have shared your events with other people, then it will help them to know the exact location of your event.
- In the next steps, add your event description in the text field.
- Now finally, click on the “Add Event” button to save your upcoming event on your calendar.
This way, you can add any of your upcoming events in your AOL calendar, which these easy steps, which I have explained above.
In case you want to change your event or want to remove that event, which you have just created, then follow the steps down below.
How Can You Delete Events in the AOL Calendar?
- Open your AOL calendar.
- Choose your calendar on which you have created your event from the left side of the calendar page. In other words, if you have created your event on the XYZ calendar, and then select that calendar in order to delete your event.
- Now search for the date on which you have created your event. Example: If you have created your event on December 1st, then move to that date where you can see your event.
- After that, left-clicks on the event which opens the menu. Now, select on “Delete” option, which pop-up the confirmation dialogue box.
- At last, click on the “Ok” button to delete your event.
Now, you have successfully deleted your event from the AOL calendar.
AOL calendar also has another important feature called “To-do-list,” and most of us are familiar with that features because it helps us to prioritizes our actions, clarify what needs to be done within a specific time period, assists with our planning and goals and more. All of these factors help us to feel more organized.
So, how do you do that? In order words, how can you create your to-do-list in the AOL calendar? Let’s take a look down below.
How to Create a To-Do-List in the AOL Calendar?
- Open your AOL calendar by logging in with your AOL username and password.
- Once you access your calendar page, look for the “To Do’s,” which is on the left side of the page.
- Now, click on the “+” icon beside To Do’s, which opens the text area where you can enter your list.
- Now, type your list in the text field to organize your daily routine.
This way, you can add your daily To-Do-List in your calendar. Besides that, you can also check your To-Do-List once you finished your tasks. With this feature, it will be easier for you to remember your completed task. So, how can you do that?
- Open your calendar and hover your mouse to your To-Do-List.
- Now, mark in the checkbox when you complete your task. Once you mark your list, it pop-up a message “Your To-Do was marked as completed,” which means you have completed your task.
- Now, if you want to remove or delete your completed task in your calendar, then you can remove it with just one click. In order to do that, click on the “Cross” bar of your task, which deletes your completed task from the list.
How to Print Your AOL Calendar?
Printing a copy of our calendar can somehow helpful for us when we want to show our weekly work schedule to our family, or you want to capture your highlights and accomplishment.
So, if you want to have your printable calendar on your desk, which will assist you in reaching your goals, then you can do it with these simple steps down below.
Note: While printing your calendar, you have to follow a little bit more steps, but don’t worry, I will explain the simple steps without consuming your time.
- Open your AOL calendar from the browser which you are using on your computer.
- After that, select the calendar where you have assigned your tasks or schedule or other important priorities.
Note: You can print your monthly, weekly and daily tasks from the upper left side beside the Search calendar.
- Once you select your calendar, then click on the “More” option from the upper right side that displays the drop-down menu.
- Now, select the “print” option, which opens the new page where AOL prints a copy of your calendar.
Note: You have to print your calendar through your browser as AOL does not print your calendar directly.
- Now, click on “three vertical” dots from the upper right corner of your browser. After that, click on the “print” option, which opens the final page from where you can print your calendar.
- Select your printer name from the “Destination” and once you have done, click on the “Print” button to print your calendar.
Note: You can also choose lots of options to print your calendar such as direct print through a printer, save as pdf or save to the google drive. So select the destination as your desired.
How Can You Import and Export Your AOL Calendar?
When you export your calendar, then you can share it with other people. In other words, you can share your important task, notification to your friends. Besides that, you can also import other calendars into your AOL calendar to know their notification or schedule of meetings or more. So, in order to import and export the calendars, follow these steps down below.
- Open your AOL calendar on your browser or just simply type calendar.aol.com
- Now, select the “More” option from the upper right side of the calendar screen. After that, choose the “Import” option from the drop-down menu.
Note: while importing any calendar, AOL only supports the following file formats:
Comma-separated value (.csv)
- Choose the file from the folder where you have downloaded other people’s calendar file.
- Now, select the targeted calendar. In other words, on which calendar you want to import the file.
- After that, select the “File type” and finally click on the “Import” button that imports the desired file on your AOL calendar.
- Open your calendar on your browser or just simply type calendar.aol.com
- Now, select the “more” option from the upper right side of the calendar page. After that, choose the “Export” option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the calendar from the “Target Calendar” and click on the “Export” button below, which will export or simply we can say download your AOL calendar in the download folder.
Now, with these following processes, you can perform the import or export features.
Calendars are essential productivity tools in our life. We can manage our time, task, and schedule, and more important things; it helps to organize our daily activities by staying on our task. We may find ourselves doing things with no particular order without following the calendar.
So, now you can organize your daily schedule on your AOL calendar with the help of these steps, which I have explained above. Later on, you will thank me when it slowly starts to change your life by organizing your schedule. However, if you have any queries regarding the topic, then don’t be shy to ask, or you can leave a comment in the comment section down below.