Do you want a break from Telegram? If you want a break, rather than deleting your telegram account deactivate your account so that you can log in to your account within 28 days. If you want to use it again, otherwise, your account will be deleted permanently after 30 days. And if you are sure that you want to delete your Telegram account.
Then make sure you back up everything you need because once you delete your account, you won’t be able to log in to your account.
On telegram, you can set the duration when you want to delete your account, and it will be automatically deleted, and there are two ways to delete your telegram account:
Adjusting self-destruction settings and Manually deleting your Telegram account using the website.
If you don’t know how to delete/deactivate your telegram account, then today, in this article, we will guide you on methods and step-by-step procedures to delete/deactivate your account on telegram.
So, stay with us and read the full article.
Why Would You Want to Delete Your Telegram Account Permanently?
Even though Telegram has many features within the app, there are still several reasons why you want to delete your telegram account.
Some of the common reasons behind deleting your telegram account are listed below.
- Telegram is not the best application for you
- You might find a better app than Telegram
- You don’t have many friends on Telegram
- Someone is sending you irritating and spammy messages on telegram
- You don’t trust telegram and its securities
This might be the reason behind deleting your telegram account, but you can solve these problems without deleting your telegram account. You can
- Private your telegram account for security
- Change your username for privacy
- Add multiple friends to enjoy telegram
- Join different channels and groups on telegram
- If you want to take a break, deactivate your telegram account
So, there you go; these are the solution to solve your problem before deleting your telegram account.
How to Delete Telegram Account Step-By-Step Guide
Since Telegram doesn’t allow you to delete your account directly, you have to deactivate your telegram account first, and there are two ways to delete your telegram account stated below.
How to Deactivate Your Telegram account
There are two methods to delete/deactivate your telegram account, either by adjusting self-destruction settings or manually deleting your Telegram account using the Telegram website.
If you don’t know the steps, follow the step-by-step procedure mentioned according to its method.
Method 1: Adjusting Self-Destruction Settings to Delete your Account
Here in this method, you can adjust the self-destruction setting, which means you can set a period of time to deactivate your account, and once you don’t log in to your account within the time period.
Your account will be deleted automatically from telegram, and you won’t be able to access your telegram account once you delete it.
You have to create a new account on telegram.
So if you want to enable self-destruction settings to deactivate or delete your telegram account, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Telegram app on your device
- Login to your Telegram account
- Now, navigate to Settings
- After that, click on the Privacy and Security
- Now, scroll down, and you will see Automatically Delete My Account
- Tap If Away For, and you will see months
- Now, select the month mentioned (ex: 1 month, 3 months, etc.)
- After that, your telegram account will be automatically deleted if you stay inactive for a selected time period.
Hence, the default time period of the telegram is of 6 months, but you can change/choose the period of time to delete your account automatically by following the steps mentioned above.
If you are inactive for the period of time you have picked, then your account will be deleted from Telegram.
Method 2: Manually Deleting Telegram account using the Telegram website
Using this method, you can manually deactivate/delete your telegram account instantly, but to delete your Telegram account permanently, you have to deactivate your telegram account for 30 days.
After the inactive for 28 days, your telegram account will be deleted.
And if you log in to your account within 28 days, then your telegram account will be reactivated.
Here, to deactivate or delete your Telegram account manually, you have to go to the Deactivation Page using your windows or mobile web.
So, if you don’t know how to deactivate or delete your telegram account manually using the web, then follow the step-by-step procedure mentioned below.
- Open any Web-Browser on your Windows or Phone
- Go to the Deactivate page of Telegram using the web
- Now, you will be redirected to the Telegram account deletion page
- After that, tap on the text box of “Your Phone Number“
- And enter the phone number you used while creating your Telegram account
- After that, click on the Next button
- Now, you will get an SMS on the phone number you have entered
- Open SMS on your mobile phone and note the alphanumeric confirmation code
- Now, go back to the Deactivate page of Telegram
- And enter the confirmation code in the text box
- After that, click on the Sign In button
- After you hit the Sign In button, you will see a new page
- Now, enter your phone number and mention the reason. “Why are you leaving?“
- And click on the Done button
- After that, you will see the “Are You Sure?” message box
- Finally, click on the Yes, delete my account button.
There you go. Once you click on the Yes, delete my account button, your Telegram will be deactivated.
Now you can delete your Telegram application from your device.
[Note: Once you deactivate your account, do not log in to your account otherwise, your account will be reactivated, and your account won’t be deleted. Hence, you have to follow the same steps again to delete your account.]
What Happens When You Delete Your Telegram Account
Things you should know: what happens to your account when you delete your telegram account permanently;
- Once you deactivate your account, after 28 days, your telegram account will be deleted.
- Once you delete your account, you won’t be able to login in to your account.
- After the deletion of your account, all of your chats and data will be erased.
- If you have created groups or channels, it will run normally, but telegram will randomly assign activated members as admin.
- After the deletion of your account, you won’t be able to create a new telegram account for 2-3 days.
So, before you delete your Telegram account permanently, make sure you want to delete it for a proper reason because once you delete it if won’t have any access to that particular account;
somehow, you can create a new account and start from the base.
[Note: Before deleting your Telegram account, back up all the important messages, files, documents, images, and videos. Once you delete your account, you will lose all your data.]
How Can I recover my deleted Telegram account?
Once you successfully delete your Telegram account, there is no such feature or inbuilt page to recover your deleted account.
But you can reactivate your telegram account within 28 days after you apply for deletion of your account.
When you apply for deletion of your account, your account is in the deactivated phase, so within 28 days, you can log in to your account to reactivate your account.
Still, after 28 days, you won’t be able to do anything instead of creating a new Telegram account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the frequently handpicked questions about “Delete Your Telegram Account Permanently.”
Can I Temporarily Disable My Telegram Account?
Yes, you can. Telegram offers the option to deactivate your account temporarily but keep in mind that it will only last for a limited time.
Will Deleting My Telegram Account Delete All of My Conversations?
Yes, deleting your Telegram account will permanently delete all of your messages, contacts, and other data associated with your account.
How Long Does It Take for My Telegram Account to Be Permanently Deleted?
Once you have deactivated your account, Telegram will wait 30 days before permanently deleting it. This is to give you a chance to change your mind and reactivate your account if you choose to do so. After 30 days, your account will be permanently deleted.
Lastly, before you delete your telegram account, please know the reason why you want to delete your account and make sure you won’t regret deleting the account.
If you have decided to delete your telegram account, don’t forget to back up everything you had because once your account is deleted, you won’t have access to your account and the data in it.
There you go; we have mentioned two methods and steps to delete your Telegram account permanently i.e., Adjusting Self-destruction settings to delete your account automatically and Manually deleting your Telegram account using the Telegram website.
If you have any queries or suggestions regarding this article then you can leave us a comment in the comment box below.
For more helpful guidance on Telegram, you can go to the link Telegram Tips.