Kik is a free instant messaging client application. We can download Kik messenger from Google Play Store on Andriod devices, App Store on iOS devices, and third-party applications on Pc. Like other apps, Kik is also famous for its features, people use Kik for its exciting features. Some of the exciting features that we can see are: create a group, easily block or unblock someone, can Signup without entering a phone number, and many more within the app.
Even the phone number is not compulsory on Kik, we can add our phone number to meet new friends from the contact list. But when we add random people we always get into problem because they start flirting, use of abusive words, and sending unwanted pictures. So, don’t worry! there is always a solution to a problem.
To increase security and privacy, Kik and almost every messaging apps provide the features to block and unblock people. Even people know they can stop someone who misbehaves with them, they don’t know how to block people. Due to that, daily, they have to face unwanted and irritating messages.
So, today in this article, we will guide you on how to block and unblock someone on Kik in easy steps. You can block anyone who misbehaves with you, or you don’t want to see them as your friend and the exciting part is that you can also unblock them whenever you want. To do so, following the steps mentioned below according to their title.
How to Block Someone on the Kik app?
Are you irritated by people who send you junk messages, snaps, and misbehaves with you? Don’t worry! you can block such people who misbehave and irritates you. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Kik app on your device.
- Login to your account, if asked!
- After you log in, you will see the chat list with whom you messaged.
- Now, find your friend’s username from the chat list and open a chat with your friend.
- And click on the username of your friend from chat, from the top left corner in the navigation bar.
- Again, tap on the three vertical dots from the navigation bar.
- After that, you will see a list of options. Click on the Block [username] from the options.
- Finally, confirm and click on the Block button.
- Click on the plus (+) icon from the chat list.
- Choose Find people from the options.
- Now you will see the ‘Chating With‘ section. Where you can find a list of friends with whom you chatted recently.
- Now, choose and tap a username from the ‘Chating With‘ section, which will open the chat list.
- After that, click on the username of your friend.
- Tap three vertical dots from the navigation bar.
- Click on the Block [username]
- And finally, click on the Block button.
There you go, you have now blocked your friends. Now, you will no longer see messages from your friend, including the Kik bot, that your friend has added.
If you think you have mistakenly blocked someone or your friends, then at the same time, you can also unblock them by accessing the block list. So before providing a guide on how to unblock someone, let’s see where we can find the block list on Kik.
Where Can I See the Block List on Kik?
The name blocklist is clear with its name; it is a list of people who you block. So to check who is in your blocklist and to unblock them, you have to access the blocklist in your Kik account. So follow the steps by step procedure mentioned below.
- Open Kik on your device.
- Now, tap on the Gear icon (Settings).
- Now you will see a list of options available.
- Select Privacy from the option.
- Now, click on the Block List, which is at the top of the list under Privacy.
- After that, you will see a list of friends whom you have blocked from your account.
- And the exciting part, you can also block your friend from Block List.
If you know the sure username of your friend or someone you have never added in your Kik account, you can block them directly from Block List. How? Look at the steps below.
Block someone directly by entering their username from the blocklist
- Access the Block List from Privacy.
- After that, click on the Plus icon (+)
- Now, you can choose your friend from the list, or you can directly enter the username of your friend to block them.
- After you search for a username, tap on the username.
- Finally, confirm by clicking on the Block button.
The above steps are the steps on how to access the blocklist on Kik and block someone directly by entering their username from the blocklist.
When you know how to access the block list on Kik, now you can easily unblock anyone you want from the list. Still follow the steps mentioned below if you are confused with the steps on how to unblock someone.
How to Unblock Someone on the Kik app?
To unblock someone that you have blocked has similar steps to blocking someone, you need to tap Unblock. You might be confused, so let’s look at the steps to unblock your friends.
- Open the Kik messenger on your device.
- Now, tap on the Gear icon (Settings) from the top navigation bar. After that, you will see a list of options available.
- Tap Privacy from the option.
- And click on the Block List, under Privacy.
- After that, you will see a list of blocked friends.
- Now, click on the username of your friend from the list, whom you want to unblock.
- After that, click on the Unblock button.
There you go, you have successfully unblocked your friend from the block list. Now you can send and receive text, photos, and videos from your friend. And you will be able to see chat with your friend with old and new messages.
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the questions that the Kik users frequently asked; an answer to the problems might be useful for you as well. So, Make sure once you go through.
Can you block someone on Kik without them knowing?
Yes, you can block someone on Kik without them knowing. When you block someone, Kik doesn’t send any notification to your friend, so they won’t know whether you have blocked them or not. And when they send a message, they will be able to send a message, and it will show a faded D, but you won’t get any messages from blocked people.
If you want to know about Bold and Faded ‘D,’ and other symbols on Kik then, go to the link What does S, D, and R mean on Kik.
When you block someone on Kik, can they see your picture?
Yes, when you block someone on Kik, they can see your profile pictures and other pictures you have sent. But after the block, you can’t send any images to a blocked friend because chat will disappear from the chat list. To send the pictures again, you have to unblock them.
To unblock someone from your Kik account, you can scroll up and follow the steps mentioned above according to its title.
When you block someone on Kik, does it delete the messages?
No, when you block someone on Kik, you chat, and conversation can be seen by the friend whom you blocked. They can even send you messages, but you won’t receive them. And you also cant send a new message to blocked friends until you unblock them.
So, if you want to send new messages to your blocked friend, then you have to unblock them first.
When you unblock someone on Kik, do you get the messages?
Yes, when you unblock someone on Kik you will start getting the messages from them. And you can also see the entire messages sent by them, and even the messages that were sent while you blocked them. After you unblock, you will get both old and new messages sent by your friend.
There you go, by following the steps mentioned above, according to their title, you can easily block someone on the Kik app. And if you mistakenly blocked them, you can even unblock them at the same time from your account according to the steps mentioned above.
After reading the article, I think you are clear on how to block and unblock someone on Kik. I hope all steps, according to their title, are clear and understandable. I have also mentioned some frequently asked questions to clear your doubts. And if you still have a question regarding this article, then you can leave us a comment in our comment section below. We will be happy to answer your questions.
For more related articles on Kik, please visit our official website Online Help Guide.