Are you having trouble with your old password and want to change your Outlook password? Outlook has advanced features to change its password; there are two places, change and update your Outlook account password. First, in the Outlook itself and another is the email you provide (for example, Yahoo, iCloud, Gmail) in Outlook Application/ Mail Service. Sometimes you have to change your password in Outlook only and sometimes in both places for the Update.
To change your Outlook password go to your outlook account then, My account, Update and click on Change account password, now enter your password, and finally click on the Save button. And don’t forget to update your password in email provider to use and receive Outlook notification and messages. For more details follow the article…
Today in this article, I will guide you to change or update your Outlook password. You have to complete two processes in order to successfully change the Outlook password. First, you need to change your password, and then you need to update your password in Outlook application.
Why Are There Two Places to Change Your Password?
You might be wondering why you have to change a password in two different places. So here are the things:
- First, you change your password in the browser, and again in Outlook application, you have to change and update the password you have changed.
- And when you change the password of secondary email, which is connected in Outlook, you have to get access to Outlook application and change the setting to update. Because you get an email and notification of secondary as well in the Outlook application (if the secondary email is connected).
When Should You Change Your Password of Outlook and Email Provider?
You should change your Outlook password and Email provider password because of the following reasons:
- If you forget your account password.
- You get reset link from Email services.
- And if you think someone else knows your password or has stolen your account.
How To Change Outlook Password?
Before changing your password, you should have added your secondary address to Outlook, to verify your account and change your password. Because before changing your password Outlook, verify that you are the one changing the password by sending code to your secondary email, you have to verify that code. So, first, let’s know;
How To Add Secondary Email or Phone Number in Outlook for a Password Reset?
- Open any web browser in your device.
- Type URL Outlook.com
- Log-in to your account using your Outlook email address and password.
- After that, you will get on the homepage of your Outlook account. Now click on the profile icon from the top right corner of your web browser.
- After that, click My Account from the list. After you click on My account now, you will see a list of the setting of your account. Now under security, you can see “Protect your account” Click on the Update> with the right arrow symbol.
- Now click on the Change account password under security basics.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you can see to add your secondary email address or phone number. Now enter your email address or phone number to connect your secondary account to Outlook.
- Now you will get four digits code in your secondary email. Login to your secondary email and check your inbox where you get code and enter the same code in Outlook.
- Finally, to verify the secondary email, Outlook sends you a verification code around seven digits in the secondary email. Type the same code in Outlook.
Now you have successfully added your secondary email account to reset and recover your password. Outlook will ask you to keep the passwordless login using a mobile app, try it, or skip it. After all the steps, you can now change your password at the same time, or you can skip as well.
How To Change/Reset Your Outlook Password?
You can only change your password using a web browser, but you have to update in Outlook Application after you change your password to get access in Outlook application by Logging in. So, let’s start the steps from the browser.
- Get access to your Outlook account, login using the email address and password.
- Now click on the profile icon from the top right corner of your web browser.
- After that, click My Account from the list.
- Click on the Update> with the right arrow symbol.
- Now click on the Change account password under security basics.
- If your alternative email is successfully connected then, you will go to the change password; otherwise, you have to confirm your alternative address.
- Now under “Change your password,” type your Current password, New password, and reenter password in the text box. You can also remind yourself to change your password every 72 days for that click on the checkbox otherwise skip and click on the Save button.
Now with the click on the Next button, your password has been changed to your new password, use your new password to login in the future. Now you have to update your password in Outlook application as well to get access to your Outlook application.
How To Update Your Password in Outlook Application After You Change the Password of the Email Provider?
If you have changed the password of your account, which is connected in Outlook as an Email provider then, you have to update your account from Outlook application to get mail in Outlook. Follow the following steps to update.
- Open your Outlook application.
- Now click on the File, which is in the top left on the Navigation bar.
- Under Account Information, click on the Account Setting dropdown button.
- Now click on the “Account Settings…” from the list, which is on the top of the list.
- After you click on the account settings, you will see a new box. Now click on the Email provider you want to update and click on the change button.
- Now you will see the text area to insert your password. After that enter the password and click on the Next button.
- Click Close after Outlook tests your account settings. After that, Finish and Close to return to Outlook.
[Note: If you are using POP and IMAP accounts, then to update password go to File > Account Settings > Manage Profiles, Select Emails Accounts, then select the email account you want to update, and then choose Change. In the Change Account window, update your new password.]
Now you can easily reset and update your password in Outlook. If you have any confusion or any questions regarding this article you can leave us comments in the comment box below; we will be happy to answer you. If you have any queries regarding Outlook or any webmail services you can also visit our official website! Online Help Guide.
Thank you for reading this article!