Instagram is the most popular and trending social media platform. It is a photo and video-sharing app where you can create your photo and video gallery to decorate your Instagram profile but with the updates, Instagram has added and updated so many features within the application. Similarly “@Mention” and “#Hashtag” have made the app fun to use.
The hashtag helps your post to reach many peoples and increases the view of your post. You can simply use “#” in front of the sentence “activities” and when people search for the hashtag they can see your post as well.
Besides, there are many things you can do with the Instagram hashtag. If you are interested to know about a hashtag or want to know how to use hashtags on your post then don’t worry, today in this article we will explain everything about Hashtags. So, stay with us and read the full article mentioned below.
What are Instagram hashtags?
Hashtags on Instagram is a feature that you can add to your story, post, IGTV description. A hashtag can be a combination of numbers, letters, emojis but you should use “#” in front of the sentence “activities.” Rather than explaining activities in a long way, you can just use hashtags to identify.
Similarly, like mentioning friends and adding location, you can mention the activities and add location into hashtag as well (like eating, sleeping, dancing, etc) and to be clear you can use it like #Favoritesong #dancingmood #Washington “This means you are listening to your favorite song in Washington and you have a dancing mood.”
And all hashtags are clickable, similar you can add all of your posts under the same hashtag and which will create an album with the hashtag and can be discoverable.
Why use Instagram hashtags?
In the modern generation, rather than typing long and lengthy descriptions on the post, you can simply use the short hashtag to explain where you are and what are you doing besides hashtags can be used for different purposes.
You can use #Food, # Location, #Mood, #Manymore.
And you know hashtags are clickable so people can go to the hashtag and check all the posts under the same hashtag. A hashtag can be used as an album as well. There are many things why users should use Instagram Hashtag, and some are mentioned below
- A hashtag can be used in a short form to describe where you are, what are you doing and how is your mood.
- You can make your own hashtag and create an album with the hashtag.
- You can increase the reach of your post by using popular hashtags.
- And since Hashtags are clickable you can explore many ideas, go through the Hashtags.
So these are the basic use of hashtags besides you can use them however you want. Just explore it.
Types of popular Instagram hashtags
The different types of popular Instagram hashtags can be categorized according to the bullets mentioned below.
- Food Hashtags
- Location Hashtags
- Mood Hashtags
- Brand Hashtags
- Even Hashtags
- Emoji Hashtags
- Relevant Word Hashtags
- Knowledge Hashtags
- Page and Community Hashtags
- Niche Hashtags, etc.
Top Instagram hashtags
So here is the list of the top 20 Hashtags that were used in the year 2021.
- Love Hashtag had 1.824B posts “#love“
- Instagood Hashtag had 1.143B posts “#instagood“
- Fashion Hashtag had 807.1M posts “#fashion“
- Photooftheday Hashtag had 792.4M posts “#photooftheday“
- Beautiful Hashtag had 657.4M posts “#beautiful“
- Art Hashtag had 643.6M posts “#art“
- Happy Hashtag had 576.9M posts “#happy“
- Photography Hashtag had 575.9M posts “#photography“
- Picoftheday Hashtag had 569.4M posts “#picoftheday“
- Cute Hashtag had 564.9M posts “#cute“
- “Follow Hashtag had 557.8M posts “#follow“
- #tbt “TBT Hashtag had 534.5M posts “#tbt“
- FollowMe Hashtag had 526.4M posts “#followme“
- Nature Hashtag had 520.7M posts “#nature“
- Like4Like Hashtag had 515.0M posts “#like4like“
- Travel Hashtag had 494.6M posts “#travel“
- Instagram Hashtag had 475.6M posts “#instagram“
- Repost Hashtag had 469.1M posts “#repost“
- Style Hashtag had 469.0M posts.”#style“
- Summer Hashtag had 452.4M posts.”#summer“
So this is the list of the top 20 popular hashtags used in 2021 with the post in the Hashtags.
How many hashtags on Instagram to use
It depends upon where you want to add hashtags either on stories or posts.
Every post you upload on Instagram can have up to 30 #hashtag tags. And you can add all the 30 Hashtags in the description under the edit setting.
And each story can have up to 10 hashtag tags, but it’s useless to add 10 hashtags to the story because you have to overlap the above story post so your post will be hidden and if you insert small hashtags it will be hard to click.
So it doesn’t mean you add 30 hashtags on the post and 10 hashtags on the story, just add suitable and proper hashtags in a managed way.
How to search multiple hashtags on Instagram
To search all the hashtags on Instagram you can go to the search bar and enter the hashtag you want to search. If you don’t how to then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Instagram application on your device.
- Tap on the Search “Magnifying glass” icon.
- Tap on the text field of the search bar.
- Enter the “#you-want-to-search”
- Now, tap on the hashtag from the list to see the post under the hashtag.
How to use hashtags on Instagram
Since you can use hashtags on posts and stories on Instagram. So, to use hashtags on posts and stories, follow the steps mentioned below according to its title.
Use of hashtags on the Post
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on the Add button “+” icon.
- Choose the post from the gallery.
- Tap the right-faced arrow.
- Again tap right face arrow.
- Now, tap on the “Write a caption…”
- After that add “#name” hashtags.
- Finally, tap on the tick button to share the post.
Use of hashtags on the Story
- Open Instagram
- Swipe right on the Home.
- Tap Gallery.
- Choose a post for the story.
- Now, tap on the “Aa” from the top.
- After that add “#name” hashtags.
- Tap Done.
- Finally, tap on the Send to button to share a story.
So, these are the steps to use hashtags on posts and stories on Instagram.
Lastly here in this article, you will find everything about Hashtags on Instagram like “What are Instagram hashtags, Why use Instagram hashtags, Types of popular Instagram hashtags, Top Instagram hashtags, How many hashtags on Instagram to use, How to search multiple hashtags on Instagram, and How to use hashtags in post and story on Instagram. So, read the full article if you want to know everything about Instagram Hashtags.
We hope this article is clear to understand, besides if you have any queries or suggestions regarding this article then you can leave us a comment in the comment box below. We are always here to solve your problem.
And for more helpful guidance on Instagram, you can go to the Instagram Tips.