Your Email address has become the primary tool when you sign up for new services, go shopping online, apply for the job, or create an account on any of other online services. All of these service providers send you an email to promote their products, which can sometimes be chaotic and annoying when you get email notification all the time. So it’s better to unsubscribe these unwanted newsletters to fill up your inbox. Fortunately, Gmail offers a handy shortcut to use to unsubscribe such emails. And today, I have come up with three guides or processes for you to unsubscribe newsletter in Gmail.
You can unsubscribe the newsletter in Gmail in three different ways. One is the basic way, where you will have to manually go through the email one by one and unsubscribe those emails. Second, is the bulk unsubscribe, where you will search for the newsletter and unsubscribe them manually. Third, with third-party applications.
Method One: Unsubscribe to Emails in Gmail
Let’s go through the basic method on how to unsubscribe from emails newsletter in Gmail.
When a company or an organization sends a newsletter to an email address, all companies must include the “unsubscribe” option. Let’s start with how you can manually unsubscribe emails in Gmail.
- Login to your Gmail Account.
- From the inbox folder, open a message from the mailing list or newsletter.
- Now, click on the Unsubscribe link right beside the sender’s name or email address, it’s at the top of the message.
- If you don’t see the unsubscribe link at the top of the message, scroll down to the end of the message.
You will see an unsubscribe link or a guide to unsubscribing the newsletter on the message footer area or the message text area.
- If you are done with step three or step 4, next, you will have to click on the Unsubscribe button on the Unsubscribe dialogue box to unsubscribe the newsletter in Gmail.
- In some cases, you will need to visit the site of the sender to unsubscribe to their newsletter.
If you don’t see any Unsubscribe button on the top or the bottom of the mail, check the email once again if it’s a spam message. If it’s a spam message, then mark the email as “Spam.”
Method Two: Find Newsletters in Bulk and Unsubscribe
Gmail has an automation system where the system moves the messages to one of three let’s say folders: Primary (Inbox), Social and Promotions. Inbox is the default viewing mailbox of Gmail while Social and Promotions are the folders where all your social networking sites’ notifications/emails and Promotions emails are moved automatically, respectively.
To unsubscribe a bulk of newsletter, you need to group them in one place, and Gmail has that feature too. Here is the guide to find newsletters in bulk and unsubscribe.
- Open your web browser and log in to your Gmail Account.
- Now, to list all of the newsletters in one place, type in “Unsubscribe” on the search bar of the Gmail and hit the enter button. If you don’t see it, it’s on the top of the Gmail with “Search mail” label.
- As most of the newsletter has the word unsubscribe, Gmail will display all the emails with the word unsubscribe on its search result.
- Now, open each email and click on the Unsubscribe linkright beside the username or the email address of the sender.Advertisement
- To confirm, click on the Unsubscribe button on the Unsubscribe dialogue box.
Method Three: Using Third-Party Service to Unsubscribe Newsletter in Gmail
Since Gmail does not provide you an option to select all the unwanted newsletters and unsubscribe them all at once, you can use a third-party app that is created for this reason. Many plugins or services offer bulk unsubscribe; however, in this article, I am describing Unroll.me. Unroll.me is a reliable service that is simple to use too.
To unsubscribe the bulk newsletter, visit the unroll.me main page and follow the following steps.
- Click on the Get started button on the upper right corner of your screen.
- Next, click on the sign in with Gmail button.
- Unroll will ask you permission to fetch the data from your email. Here you will need to give the app permission to get started.
(Privacy-conscious people should carefully terms and usage on the site.)
- Now click on the I Accept button. Followed by the Allow button on the Gmail to grant access to unroll.
- Now, unroll will fetch and list all the email newsletters. You will see the company name and the Unsubscribe link next to it.
- Now go through the list and unsubscribe the newsletter with a single click.
The best part of Unroll.me is that it keeps a record of all the newsletter you unsubscribed, and you can subscribe to these newsletters any time you like with just a click.
How to Unsubscribe From Newsletter in IOS or Android
Here in this section, I will be guiding you on how you can unsubscribe the newsletter using your IOS or Android phone. It’s similar to the web version, so I include both the one by one and bulk process of the unsubscribing newsletter in Gmail.
- Open the Gmail Application and sign in to your account (if you haven’t already)
- If you see the newsletter on the mail list, open the mail list or search for unsubscribing from the search box. This will display all the emails that have the word unsubscribe.
- Next, open the mail and scroll down until you find the unsubscribe option.
- Now, tap on the Unsubscribe button or the link and click Confirm un-subscription or Done to complete.
- You can also block the email selecting “Block *username*” from the three vertical dots right next to the username.
There you go, I have written every possible way to unsubscribe the newsletter in Gmail. If you still have any problem while trying it out, feel free to shoot a comment down below. We will definitely reply to your queries.
Lots of newsletters in your Gmail account only fill up your storage which can be an annoying thing to see. So with the help of the above steps, you can easily get rid of those flooded newsletters in Gmail. Whether you are using smartphones or a web browser set free your inbox form the unwanted newsletters.
For more Gmail related articles, visit our official website online help guide.