You might have noticed an Avast SafePrive extension on your browser or on your PC. This extension comes when you install Avast programs whether you like it or not. It might interrupt your browsing experience and also might face problems removing it from your PC.
This article might just be the one that will help you remove Avast SafePrice extension from your browser as well as your PC.
What Is Avast SafePrice Extension?
Avast SafePrice extension is an extension or plugin for browsers that lets you find the best deals among trusted shops. It provides you with the most interesting store offers that are from a reputable online store and also the product that you’re looking for. It also notifies you about cheap offers by displaying a small notification bar on top of your browser.
Avast SafePrice might save you some time regarding the selection of the products that you need and are looking for. Moreover, the stores are from a trusted supplier so you can expect the best deals that are presented to you.
What You May Like About Avast SafePrice Extension?
There are many advantages of using this extension. Some of them are:
- It shows you the best deal that is available right now.
- You can also get access to various discount coupons which you can use.
- It is built in the browser so you don’t have to leave your browser to access it.
- SafePrice doesn’t show up when you’re not shopping.
- It shows you the best prices among many products from the similar competition.
Problems With Avast SafePrice
Avast SafePrice seems promising when it comes to the features it delivers. However, there are things that some people may find annoying about this extension in their browsers. Avast SafePrice is not something that you have to manually installed on your PC as separate software. It automatically gets installed while you install the primary Avast antivirus program.
This is definitely what you didn’t ask for, right? Some companies tend to lure you on using their plugins and you are stuck with it. As a matter of fact, the user wouldn’t even notice unless strange pop-ups start to jump here and there. This program or extension is only meant to be applied if you have a pre-installed antivirus running on your PC.
So, the latest version of this antivirus doesn’t provide you with malware protection which is why Avast decided to add the SafePrice which is a spyware and adware removal tool to the program. This is where we know the problems of Avast SafePrice.
These applications do not include anti-adware applications so they cannot remove it from your PC and by default, it comes with a safe protection application. This makes it difficult for your PC to totally remove the adware.
Also, by using this program you’re greeted with many ads that some users may find annoying. Moreover, people don’t like unnecessary applications or extensions installed without their permission.
How To Avoid The Installation Of The Malware?
There are many programs that are offered to you by the companies via bundling up and are safe to use. However, this doesn’t mean that every app that you use comes with these safely build apps. We can all be a victim of cyberattacks if we don’t pay close attention to what we’re working on the internet.
For a person to fall into a scam these days are very simple. They just need to make you believe in what should not be trusted by the user in any condition. To avoid this kind of malware or unwanted software/application to be installed on your PC, you should pay close attention to the new software that you’re looking to install. These sites often have free to download link and will become difficult to erase and increase your chances of online risk.
Therefore, checking before you install any software is highly recommended even if it’s a known brand because there have many spam cases with known brands as well. These are the kinds of brands that make you install additional programs without your knowledge and which you never asked for in the first place. Also, one must avoid the use of third-party sites to install the application they desire.
You must wait for a verified site to install your programs to minimalize the risk of malware.
Furthermore, you can also use Malwarebytes which is an anti-malware tool to scan your operating system for any malware.
How To Remove Avast SafePrice Extension?
Only because this extension is made by a known antivirus company doesn’t mean it is safe. Anyone can be exposed to security and usually be the victim of cyberattacks. The removal of SafePrice is an easy process but a very important one.
Steps to Remove Avast SafePrice From Control Panel
Whether you installed this extension willingly or unwillingly you can remove it directly from the control panel. Follow these steps to completely remove it from your PC.
- Click the start button or the windows button on your PC.
- Search for Control Panel and open it.
- Once you opened the Control Panel click on Programs and Features.
- Find Avast Antivirus and click the change button in the toolbar.
- Uncheck the Avast SafePrice option and finally click the change button to modify the installation of Avast software.
Steps to Remove Avast SafePrice From Google Chrome
Not only the removal of this extension from your windows is enough. It’s necessary to remove it from your browsers as well. For the people who use chrome as their default browsers, you can simply follow these steps in order to remove the extension.
- Open your chrome browser and find the Customize option in the upper right corner.
- Click on additional options and you find the extensions option there.
- Click on it to open the Chrome Extension page.
- Search for the required extension, in this case, it’s Avast SafePrice.
- Once you find it, go to the right side of the extension where you’ll find the delete icon.
- Press it and restart your browser.
Steps to Remove Avast SafePrice From Mozilla Firefox
Next, we will see how to remove it from the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Open the Firefox browser and click on the menu which is a three-line icon.
- Next, find the Add-on option.
- Find the Avast SafePrice extension and click on remove.
- Finally, restart your browser for this action to take place.
Steps to Remove Avast SafePrice From Brave Browser
Brave browser is based on the same engine as Chrome.
- Open your browser and click on the three-lined icon.
- Find the add-on or the extension option.
- Find the desired extension, in this case, it is Avast SafePrice.
- Once you find it, click on the remove option.
- Restart your browser for this action to take place.
Steps to Remove Avast SafePrice From Microsoft Edge
In Microsoft Edge, it is pretty much the same thing
- Open the Edge browser.
- Click on the three-dot menu in the top right corner of your browser.
- Find the extension option.
- Once you find it, click it and find the Avast SafePrice extension.
- Click on Remove to uninstall the extension from the browser.
- Restart your browser.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Avast Security Extension Safe?
This solely depends on your security setup as this extension might come in handy in some situations. However, you must not fully rely on this extension and seek other trustworthy security options.
Does Avast Have an Adblocker?
In short, yes Avast does have an Adblocker. Avast comes with a full pack of features that includes an Adblock as well. As it is designed with privacy and security, it helps to keep the ads away from the user.
Can Avast Slow Down Your Computer?
The simple answer to this is yes. Every antivirus program slows down your PC because of insufficient RAM or no reboot is done for a long period of time. Here’s how you can remove the antivirus program from your computer.
Avast SafePrice can prove useful to some user who uses the internet for online shopping as you can explore great deals on the best brand products. However, this may also lead to a breach of data with a mandatory list of permission they ask for. This is not suitable for the user as one’s data is crucial to the user. They must not risk the data or the personal information that they take in order to provide you some suggestions.
That’s why follow the above steps to remove Avast SafePrice Extension from your current browser.