Kik Messenger is a popular and feature-rich freeware messaging application. It is mainly popular because of its group chat and Kik bot features. Besides, you will also get a symbol notification when you send a message to someone; you will know the status of the message from send “S” to delivered “D and many more.” If you are confused about what we are talking about, then, first of all, learn about what does S, D and R mean on Kik. Go to the link to know Symbols on Kik Messenger Chat.
Isn’t this cool! You will get to know the status of messages you send to your friend; with this feature, you will quickly identify whether your messages are delivered or not and also seen by your friend or not. And similarly, your friends can also see the status of messages they send. Kik has an automatic system to report message status, so you can’t edit your messages and ignore your friend’s messages.
But do you know? You can read Kik messages without the sender knowing. Even this is not fair to spy their message without them knowing; but there might be several reasons you want to see messages without your friend knowing or wish to ignore them.
Today in this article, We will guide you on how to read the Kik messages without the sender knowing. To know-how, stay with us and read the full process mentioned below.
Read your Friend Messages on Kik Without Notifying Them
As we have already mentioned, Kik has an automatic system to report message status on the chatbox; there isn’t much we can do. However, we can trick the automation system on Kik to read the messages without our friend knowing.
You can use this process if you suddenly lost your internet connection or you want to plan before you reply, or you don’t want to answer instantly but want to see the messages you received.
So, if you are interested in reading someone’s messages without notifying them, then here are two methods that you can follow. Both the ways look the same, but the steps are different, and both are sensational because you have to trick the Kik system, turning off your internet connection.
Method 1: Clear the Cache of Kik from Your Device
Using this method, You can read someone’s messages without notifying them, but this method is a bit long compared to method two, but both the method steps are straight forward to follow.
Keep in mind, don’t open the message if you want to read without them knowing because when your get messages, your friend with getting the message status as D, and when you open it, the message status changes to R, and your friend will know that you have already seen the message.
So, if you haven’t opened the message and you want to read it secretly without the sender knowing then, first of all, read the steps mentioned below before implementing it, and after that, you can follow the step mentioned below.
- Open the Kik app in your device.
- If asked, log in to your Kik account.
- Now, check if you have any new message or not.
- After, you see new messages in your chatbox.
- After that, minimize the Kik app and Turn off your data or WiFi connection from your device.
- Now, go back to the Kik app and open the chat with your friend who sends you a new message.
- And read the messages.
- After you read all the messages offline. [(Alert!) Do not turn on your internet connection.]
- Now, go to the Setting of your device.
- After that, search Manage Apps.
- Now, scroll down and tap Kik under Manage Apps.
- After that, click on the Clear data and “Clear all data” or “Clear cache” of Kik from your device.
- Finally, you can turn on your data or WiFi connection and log in to your account.
There you go, you have successfully read Kik messages without the sender knowing. Now, until you reopen the message, your friend won’t say that you have checked the messages.
Method 2: Turn on Aeroplane Mode
While going through the steps of method 2, you might see a similar process, but it isn’t the same. However, the steps vary because, in method 1, you have to turn off the internet connection and clear the cache after you read the message, whereas, in method 2, you just need to turn on Aeroplane mood before opening the messages.
We can also say that this is a sensational method because you have to stay away from your internet connection; otherwise, your friend will know that you have seen their message.
- Open the Kik messenger in your device.
- Login to your account.
- Check whether you have new messages or not. If you have a new message, then don’t open the message and follow the rest steps.
- Minimize the Kik app or simply turn on Aeroplane mode. Make sure you are not connected with any internet connections.
- After that, open the chat section of your friend and read the messages.
- After you read the messages, you can close the Kik app.
- Now, turn off Aeroplane Mode and get connected with an internet connection.
There you go, you have sucessfully read the message without them knowing. After you join the internet connection automatically, the message status will change into R.
But in Method 1, until you open the message for the second time after connecting to the internet connection, the message status won’t change to R; it will show D. So if you don’t want to let your friend know about you seen the message until you wish then, follow Method 1.
You can also apply this additional method to read Kik messages without the sender knowing, but you won’t read more messages and read the whole chat section.
You have to be connected with the internet connection and be quick to read the messages because your messages might be replaced by new messages.
[Note: Turn on Kik message notification to implement this method.]
Read the message on Andriod without showing R on the Kik app.
To read the message of your friend on Andriod without your friend knowing, make sure you have activated notification for the message on Kik. And don’t even mistakenly open the messages; otherwise, this method won’t work, and your friend will know that you have seen their messages.
So, if you are ready, follow the step by step method as stated below.
- Connect to the internet connection in your Andriod device.
- After you join the internet, you will see some push notification ‘messages’ from your friend you received when you were offline. And message status from S will be change to D.
- Now, do not open the message; you can still read the latest message without opening a chat box with your friend.
- Or you can also minimize the Kik app and open the notification bar, where you can check the messages you received from your friend. But don’t tap on the message from the notification bar; otherwise, you will open the chatbox with your friend, and message status will change to R.
Read the message on the iPhone without showing R on the Kik app.
On iOS devices, there is an additional way compared to Andriod devices to read messages without showing R message status. When you receive messages on your device when you are offline, messages status is S, whereas when you are online, the message status is D, and when you open the message, the status will be R.
So, when you read the messages from the chatbox with your friend, only your friend will know you read the messages. If you want to read the message without them knowing, then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Get connected with an internet connection on your iPhone.
- Now, if your notification is ON on the Kik app, you will get a push notification.
- And you can read the recent message. But do not tap on the message.
- Or, you can click the Home button twice, and you will get a screenshot of the message without opening the chatbox.
- After that, you can read the message from the screenshot and click the Home button to close without sending R status.
There you go, now you can read Kik messages without the sender knowing using two methods mentioned in this article, and you can apply these methods in both the device iOS and Andriod. Besides, you can also use the additional methods according to your device, but you won’t read all the messages from the chatbox with your friend.
Just be alert and read the steps first before you follow the steps; otherwise, something might go wrong. We have mentioned every effort in order, follow step by step procedure. If you find it hard to understand or have any questions regarding this article, then you can drop your comment in the comment section below. Don’t hesitate to comment; we will always be there to solve your problem.
And for more tips and tricks for Kik, you can go to the link Kik Tips.