Graphics card is one of the essential components of the computing system. NVIDIA graphic cards are widely used graphics cards all around the world. With its powerful, affordable, and customizable options, it is the most popular graphics card. Despite have a good graphics card, it is quite annoying and frustrating when the game freezes in the middle of the gameplay. And, for it, we can not do anything instantly. One of the major issues that users have been facing is the missing control panel option. Many Nvidia graphics card users are facing such an issue. So, how can you fix the Nvidia control panel missing options in windows 10?
Fixing Nvidia Control Panel Missing option can be done. And for the same, this article shows you some easy and common methods to fix the NVIDIA control panel missing options. So, if you are into this article, you are probably going to find the solution for it. Nvidia control panel is the only way that you can adjust the graphics card properties. The absence of the Nvidia control panel causes problems for you. However, I have listed here some proven solutions to fix this problem appropriately.
What Causes Nvidia Control Panel Missing?
The issue of Missing the Nvidia control panel is common. Many users are facing this issue. And, the reason behind may be several. It’s not always a single reason to cause the NVIDIA control panel missing. So, here is some common reasons for the issue.
Corrupted Card Driver
Sometimes your NVIDIA Control panel itself is a corrupt one. In such a case, you can fix it by reinstalling the control panel altogether.
Graphics Card Driver Issue
The problem shall appear on your graphic card driver as well. At times, your graphic card driver might go out-of-date. And, even sometimes a corrupted driver files. In such a case, you can update your drivers to fix it.
Invalid Registry Key
A registry key is a vital aspect for controlling many settings on your PC. If the key is missing or if it is invalid, it can cause the control panel to not appear on your PC. Thus, fixing this issue is a must. You must use the Registry Editor for it.
NVIDIA Control Panel Might Go Missing After Updating Card Driver
Updating the card driver might also make your NVIDIA control panel go missing. Similarly, windows update is also another reason for it. Updating windows might make your graphics card non-compatible with your system.
Some other reasons apart from these are some general windows errors and bugs. This also makes your Nvidia control panel missing.
- You can create a shortcut of the application from the installed location of the drive.
- Restart your personal computer several times
- Access the Nvidia control panel by simply opening it from the PC’s control panel
- Disable the antivirus and then run the program again in it.
Methods To Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Options
Now, since we have found out the causes to occur this issue we can get to the troubleshooting and find the possible solution. Here are seven methods that can help you to fix the NVIDIA COntrol Panel MIssing.
Method 1: Unhide Nvidia Control Panel
When you update your Nvidia Graphic Card software, there is the possibility that your Nvidia Control Panel might go missing. Or, the setting of the application shall change. This results in hiding the Nvidia Control Panel. So, to fix it, here are few simple steps to bring back the missing Nvidia Control Panel.
- At first, go to Control Panel or you can press the Windows+R key. You will get a Run box. Here, type Control and hit Enter
- This will lead you to the Control panel. Then change the view option to Large Icons. And, double click on Nvidia Control Panel.
- Now, Nvidia Control Panel will appear. Here, select both the Add Desktop Context Menu and Show Notification Tray Icon option from the drop-down menu
- Finally, go back to your PC and check Nvidia Control Panel appears in the desktop context menu.
Method 2: Restart Nvidia Service To Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Issue
If the above method does not solve your issue, you need to restart the administrations of your Nvidia Graphics Card. Sometimes, your Nvidia Control Panel might go missing from the desktop context menu. In such a case, restarting your driver service can solve the issue of the missing control panel. Following are the steps to restart your Nvidia Service:
- At first, press and hold Windows Key on the keyboard along with R. This launches a utility called Run.
- Then type in services.MSC and click the OK button.
- Scroll down where you will find the following Nvidia Services
- Nvidia Display Container LS
- Nvidia LocalSystem Container
- Nvidia NetworkService Container
- Nvidia Telemetry Container
- After this, right-click each of those four services and click on the Restart option. Check if this method helps you to solve the issue or not. Else, you need to try the next one
Method 3: Solution From Nvidia Support
If the above methods do no work, then Nvidia has provided a permanent solution for this problem. Here are the simple steps to solve the issue of this problem.
- First, open My Computer and then follow the below-given path
-Program Files (x86)
- If you do not see the Nvidia folder in Program Files (x86) then do look into the Program Files folder.
- In the second step, Go to Display Nv.Container folder. There you will see a file names Display Nv.Container. Click on it and then select the Copy option there.
- After that, press Windows + R key at the same time. There type shell:startup and then hit enter.
- Next, paste the previous file (NVDisplay.Container) which you have copied.
- Now, open the properties of the recent pasted file (NVDisplay.Container). For that, just right-click on NVDisplay.Container and select properties.
- Choose the Compatibility option and then tik mark on Run this program as an administrator option.
- Next, apply the changes and restart your computer.
Method 4: Update Nvidia Graphic Card Drivers
Sometimes your Nvidia Graphic Card shall go missing due to outdated graphic cards. The problem might have occurred due to a driver issue. So, to fix that, you have to update your Nvidia Graphic Card card. Here are the simple steps on how you can update your graphic card and Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Options.
- At first, access the control panel from the Start menu of your system
- Then open your device manager from the control panel of the operating system.
- After this, locate and select the Nvidia Graphic Card driver from display adaptors.
- This will open a new window. Here, you right-click on the graphic driver icon to update the software drivers
- You can search automatically for the updated driver software or you can choose the update file manually as well.
- After that, your update will be downloaded and installed by the computer itself incase of choosing automatic update
- And for manual installation, the user should have some basic computer knowledge and the correct driver version must be downloaded and installed from the online source.
Method 5: Re-Install Nvidia Graphics Card Driver
Re-installing the Graphics card might also help to fix your problem regarding the Nvidia Graphic card missing.
- First of all, press on the Windows + X. Then look for the Device Manager option and there you click on it.
- It will lead you to the Device Manager window. There you have to look for Display Adapters and then expand it.
- After this, right-click on Graphic card driver and select uninstall from the options. This completely removes the Graphics Card driver from the system.
- Soon after uninstallation, visit the Nvidia Drivers webpage to install a fresh copy of the new updated driver which supports your graphic card.
- Then, carefully select the product type and product series to download the compatible version of the driver for the graphic card. After this, install it on your system.
- Finally, you will now see an Nvidia Control Panel on your desktop menu.
Method 6: Launch Manually
A manual launch is also an alternate option until you find a permanent fix for your problem. Launching manually the Nvidia Control panel is not difficult. Here are the steps to manually launch Nvidia Control Panel and fix Nvidia Control Panel missing.
- To launch manually, first of all, you will have to open My Computer. Then go to Local Disk(C). There you will find a folder named Program Files(X86) or Program Files and open it.
- Then, you will find a folder names Nvidia Corporation there. As soon as you open the folder, you will see a subfolder names Control Panel Client.
- There open the Control Pane Client folder then search “nvcplui”
- And then, right-click on the file run nvcplui file as an administrator. This will open the Nvidia control panel window.
- Now then you can access all the customization control of your graphic card.
- Finally, select the nvcplui file, right-click on it, and then select the Create a Desktop Shortcut option. Now, you can see the Nvidia Control Panel directly from the desktop
Method 7: Reinstalling Nvidia Control Panel to Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Option
Another step is you can reinstall the Nvidia Control Panel application from the Microsoft Office Store. To do this, here are the simple steps:
- Go to the Start button and then to the settings options in the start menu.
- Then, click on the Apps option.
- After this, select App and Feature from the menu on the left side.
- Then in the search bar, type Nvidia Control Panel (If the Nvidia Control Panel is already there, then uninstall it first)
- Finally, from the Microsoft Store, get a fresh copy of Nvidia Control Panel and then Install it
Things To Check For Solving Nvidia Control Panel Missing Issue
Similar to other tech issues, there are certain factors that you must look for before solving Nvidia Control Panel Missing problem. Here is a list of few things that you must look for:
- Check whether or not the driver is enabled in the device.
- Ensure that your driver is properly installed
- Check the update related issue in Nvidia’s notes
- Ensure that your computer is not overclocked and your speed of the computer is not altered manually.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Often Should You Update Your Nvidia Drivers
Updating your Nvidia Driver makes its performance more effective. According to the observations, Nvidia drivers must be up to date then only you can get the best out of it.
Does the Nvidia Graphic Card Need Power Supply?
Well, yes of course. Every graphics card needs an extra power supply for your device. And because a Graphic card is used to give users the best experience, it will not work to its best unless you use an additional power supply in it.
What Is Nvidia Control Panel For?
The main purpose of the Nvidia Control Panel is to provide control for Nvidia Graphics drivers settings as well as other Nvidia utilities that you have installed on your devices.
A graphic card is a prominent component of a PC. And, recently, the driver issue has been a huge tech issue. The Nvidia Graphic Drivers have been causing a bit of trouble in the tech world. In this article, we have discussed all the possible solutions to Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Options in windows 10. So, from the observations, we have found the 7 best methods to fix this problem. Even, you can do this manually as well. Likewise, proper maintenance of your PC is a must to run it smoothly, and for this, enhancing a graphic card is a good technique to get more out of your PC.
All in all, Nvidia Control Panel is a must. Fixing Nvidia Control Panel missing is not a big deal. You must just follow certain procedures to fix the issue.