Instagram is a trendy and widely used social media platform today, even in the beginning, Instagram was introduced as a photo-sharing app now you can find many new and exciting features so that you can do multiple tasks within the application. Now, we can share photos, videos, videos on IGTV besides we can also share our photos, videos, IGTV as a story on Instagram. But for that, you have to create your account on Instagram. And always use your real name on Instagram so that anyone can find you easily. And if you haven’t added the real name on Instagram then do it today.
To change your username on Instagram is very easy and has straightforward steps to do so, open the Instagram application, tap profile, tap edit profile, tap username and change your username, easy right?
But wait there is something more you should know before you change your username on Instagram. Below we will mention the things you should know and how to change your username on Instagram step by step guide. So stay with us and read the full article.
What is Instagram Username?
Instagram username is a special name that you can insert in Instagram so that your friends and other people can search for you on the Instagram application using the username.
On Instagram, there are two types of names, username, and name. Username is unique and doesn’t match with other users and it will be seen just above your Instagram account whereas your name will be displayed just under your profile picture or you can also leave it blank. And you can also use your full name in the bio section to add your real username.
Since you can use any username on Instagram, your friends and other people might get confused so to let them know that your account you can add your name in the Name section or Bio section. And anytime you can change your username and name just by editing the name under a particular section
Can we Replace Instagram Username?
Yes, you can change your Instagram username anytime you want, by going into the profile and editing your username.
There might be many reasons why you want to change your Instagram username. We suggest everyone use their real name as the username so that anyone can identify it’s you.
So, if you have used a fake name or a different name then you can change it today to lets your friend know that you, and reach to everyone you know. But before changing your username there is something you should know and those points are mentioned below.
Things you should know before changing the username of Instagram
There might be different reasons why you want to change your username on Instagram, but there are few things that you should know before changing the username of Instagram. So, the following are some of the basic things you should know.
- You should enter a unique username that doesn’t match others otherwise, you won’t be able to change your username on Instagram.
- We suggest you enter your real name, number, and special character to create a unique username on Instagram so that anyone can search for you easily.
- Don’t forget to add your full name as well, because those who won’t be able to identify by your username can identify you by your full name which is shown just below the profile picture.
- And important information,” once you change your username on Instagram, you will be able to change it again after 14days only.
So, these are the things you should know before changing your username on Instagram. If you are ready to change your Instagram username but you don’t know how to do so then go to the steps mentioned below.
How to Change Username on Instagram?
Changing a username on Instagram is an easy task, you can easily change your username by going to the profile and edit username. But some people find it hard, so to do so follow the step mentioned below.
- Open the Instagram Application on your device.
- From the bottom navigation bar, tap on the Profile Picture.
- Now, tap on the Edit Profile button.
- After that, you will see your Name and Username. To change the username, tap on the text field of Username.
- Now, clear your old username.
- After that, enter the new username you want to change. Make sure you enter the valid username otherwise you won’t be able to save the change.
- Once you enter valid-username, tap on the blue Tick button from the top right corner.
So this is how you change your username on Instagram, easy isn’t it? But once you change your username on Instagram, you will be able to change it again after 14days only.
You can also change your Name on Instagram, to do so go to the steps mentioned below.
How to Edit Name on Instagram?
Both to change username and name on Instagram has similar and easy steps. To do so,
- Open the Instagram application on your device.
- Tap on the Profile Picture in the bottom right corner.
- Now, tap on the Edit Profile button.
- After that, you will see your Name and Username. To change the name, tap on the text field of Name.
- Now, you can enter whatever name you want to insert but try to use your real name and full name, so that everyone can identify you.
- After you insert the name, tap on the blue tick icon from the top right corner.
You have successfully changed your name on Instagram. Even your name can help you to get discover while someone searches for you on Instagram and helps other people to identify that’s you. So, try to add the full name on Instagram.
Since once you change your username on Instagram, you will be able to change it again after 14days only, make sure you enter the username is correct and the one you want to add otherwise you have to wait 14 days to correct and change it again.
If you don’t know how to change your username and name on Instagram then here in this article, you will find steps to change your username and name on Instagram with additional information about Instagram Username, we hope you will like this article and is clear to understand this article.
Besides if you have any suggestions or queries regarding this article then you can leave us a comment in the comment box below. We are always here to solve your problem.
And for more helpful guidance on Instagram, you can go to the Instagram Tips.