Citibank was found on June 16, 1812. And later become the First National City Bank of New York and the headquarter is in New York, United States. Citibank is a financial service company that enables growth and economic progress and is a multinational company “CitiGroup,” which has multiple subsidiaries and branches internationally across the countries. There are many benefits of opening a savings account on Citibank. If you want to apply for a savings account on Citibank then you need to follow few steps.
Before applying for a savings account on Citibank you need some documents as per bank requirements. You can open a senior and junior account on Citibank. Applying for a savings account on Citibank has easy steps, you can apply online or offline for a bank account.
If you are new and don’t know how to apply for Citibank savings account then don’t worry many people don’t get it even they have already applied for one. That’s why we are here to solve your problem in this article we will guide you on the complete process to apply for Citibank savings account online and offline. Before that, you need to know some benefits and requirements of the bank. So stay with us and read the full article mentioned below
Benefits and Features of Citibank Savings Account
We open accounts in banks to secure our money and get some benefits and features from our bank which is worth it. Similarly, by opening Citibank you will get some benefits and features provided by the bank. Below are the following benefits and features of the Citibank Savings account.
- You will get a free Citibank Platinum debit card, which comes with a daily withdrawal limit of $5000.
- On every Citibank debit card purchase, you will get reward points.
- You can redeem the reward points as cash or air miles.
- You can get the help of financial experts to plan finances and investments.
- In case, you lost the debit card you can withdrawal the Emergency advance cash up to $1000.
- You can access your account detail using online mobile baking, SMS, or internet banking.
- Citibank provides a 4% interest rate on deposits.
- Citibank offers personal loans at minimum rates.
- You can also open a joint savings account using the savings account on Citibank.
So these are the benefits and features which are offered by Citibank. Now, if you are interested to open a savings account on Citibank then below you will find step by step process to do so.
What is the minimum amount for a Citibank savings account?
To open a savings account on Citibank you activate your savings account by depositing $25 to $100 and you just need $1 to open an account.
There is no additional money to open a savings account on Citibank.
But to open an account on Citibank you need the required documents by the bank. If you don’t know what are the necessary documents to open an account in the bank then below is the list of documents you need.
Important documents required to open a Citibank savings account
Every bank has terms & conditions and requirements of the bank. You need to fulfill the requirements and provide the necessary documents to open a savings account on Citibank.
Following are the necessary documents that are required while opening a savings account on Citibank.
- KYC (Know Your Customer) form: Verified Identity and Address.
- Copy of PAN Card.
- (If Required) Employment letter.
- Verified D.O.B (Date of Birth) or Citizenship
- Recent Two Passport Size Photo.
These are the documents that you should attach while submitting the AOF (Account Opening Form). If you have all of these documents then you can open a savings account in Citibank.
If you don’t know how to open a savings account in Citibank then there are two ways to open a savings account, follow the steps mentioned below to do so.
How To Apply For Savings Account On Citibank
In Citibank, you can find two methods to open a saving account ie either submit the form online or offline by visiting the nearest branch of the bank. If you are a busy/business person and time values you then you can apply for a saving account online otherwise take time and visit a bank to apply for a saving account offline.
You can open a saving account in Citibank following both methods mentioned below, choose one way to do so.
- Open a saving account online.
- Open a saving account offline.
Steps to open Citibank savings account online
If you can’t visit the bank or don’t want to go to the Citi bank then you can also apply for a savings account using the Citibank official website. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open any web browser on your device.
- Enter the URL of Citibank or go to the link Citibank.
- Now from the homepage, hover your mouse on the Banking section.
- And click on the Savings link.
- Now you will need to fill-up the form “Answer the questions.”
- Enter the information required in the form, such as City, Mobile Number, Profession, and Annual income.
- And click on the checklist box to agree with the terms and conditions.
- Now, press on the “Call Me” button.
- After that, your form will be submitted. And if you are eligible for a savings account then you will receive a call from the bank.
- Now, you will be asked to visit the bank to verify your KYC documents.
- Visit the nearest branch and follow the instructions bank staff guides.
- Done. Once the bank opens your account, you will be notified on your email address or phone number.
These are the steps to create a saving account on Citibank online. You can also create a savings account offline, if you want to create Citibank offline follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to open Citibank savings account offline
Creating an account on the bank offline is a old school method, all the process are same on offline; you have to visit the bank, fill up the form, submit the form and your account will be created.
If you don’t know what are the process and how to open Citibank savings account then below are the steps to do so.
[Note: Before you visit the bank make sure you carry all the necessary documents with you.]
- Visit the nearest branch of Citibank.
- Go to the Inquiry desk and ask how to open a savings account.
- They will hand you a form.
- Now, fill up the form. Write all the information that is required on the form.
- If you have any confusion, you can ask on the help desk.
- Once you have fill up the form, now attach the KYC documents with the form.
- After that submit your form in the relative section in the bank.
- Now the staff of the bank will review your form and let you know if anything is missed/wrong.
- If your form is qualified they will create a savings account.
- Wait for the instrution.
- Follow the instruction.
These are the step to open a saving account on Citibank offline. Now, you can deposit some amount in your account number and start using your Citibank savings account.
Can we open joint savings account with Citibank?
Yes, once you have created a saving account with the help of saving account you can open joint savings account with Citibank.
But you need to verify everyone and submit the form for the joint saving account.
Here in this article you will find complete guide on how to create a savings account on Citibank. You can find all the relatives information that you should know while opening a savings account on Citibank. So make sure you are qualified to open a savings account otherwise you wont be able to open an account on Citibank.
If you have any queries or suggestions regarding this article then you can leave us a comment in the comment section below.
Besides if you need tips and guides on finance and banking then you can go to the Finance Catagory from our official website Online Help Guide.