When it comes to buying a new guitar, there are a lot of things to consider. The most important question is probably: what kind of music do you want to play? Different guitars are better suited for different styles of music. For example, if you want to play metal, you’ll need a guitar with lots of distortion and sustain. You’ll want a guitar with a mellower sound if you’re into blues.
The Things to consider before buying a new guitar:
1. Is your budget? Guitars range from very affordable models to high-end instruments costing thousands of dollars.
2. find the right balance between quality and affordability.
Finally, thinking about where you will play the guitar is important. If you’re mostly going to use it at home, then size and weight aren’t as big of a deal as they would be if you were planning on taking it on the road with you. Make sure to try out different guitars before making your final decision–you want one that feels comfortable and playable to you.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT GUITAR FOR A BEGINNER
If you’re a beginner, the wide world of guitars and guitar accessories can be overwhelming. Here are five basic tips to help you choose the right guitar:
1. Start by finding a comfortable guitar for you to hold and play. It will be difficult to play if it’s too big or too small, and you won’t enjoy it as much.
2. Consider the style of music you want to play. Different guitars are better suited for different genres of music. If you’re not sure what style you want to play yet, that’s okay – you can always change your mind later on.
3. Set a budget for yourself. Guitars can range in price from very affordable to extremely expensive. It’s important to find something that’s within your price range so you don’t overspend on an instrument you may not use very often.
4. Decide where you want to play the guitar. If you mostly plan on playing at home, then size and weight won’t be as big of a deal. However, if you want to take the guitar with you on the go, then it’s important to find something easy to carry.
5. Try out different guitars before making your final decision. You want to make sure the guitar you choose is comfortable and easy for you to play. Take your time in choosing the right one – it’s an important decision!
BUYING AN ELECTRIC GUITAR FOR A BEGINNER
Electric guitars are a popular choice for beginner guitarists for several reasons. First, they’re relatively easy to play, thanks to their lighter strings and shorter necks. Second, they’re affordable – you can find a good quality electric guitar for under $200. Finally, electric guitars are versatile and can be used for various genres, from country to metal.
ADVANTAGES OF AN ELECTRIC GUITAR
Advantages Of An Electric Guitar: If you are looking for your first guitar or a seasoned pro, there are many reasons to consider an electric guitar. Here are some of the top advantages of playing an electric guitar:
1. You can get a great sound without spending a lot of money. Electric guitars are relatively inexpensive, and you can get a good quality guitar for under $200. Additionally, you don’t need to spend money on an amplifier; most electric guitars can be plugged directly into an amp or PA system.
2. Electric guitars are easy to play. Thanks to their lighter strings and shorter necks, electric guitars are much easier to play than acoustic guitars. This makes them a great choice for beginners, as well as experienced players who want to try something new.
3. You can create any sound you want. With an electric guitar, you’re not limited by the type of sound you can create. You can play any style of music, from country to metal, and everything in between. Additionally, electric guitars can be custom-tuned to create unique sounds.
4. Electric guitars are versatile instruments. In addition to being used in a variety of genres, electric guitars can also be used for other purposes such as recording and songwriting. Additionally, electric guitars can be played through a variety of amplifiers and effects pedals, giving you an endless array of sonic possibilities.
5. Electric guitars look cool! Let’s be honest; electric guitars simply look cooler than acoustic guitars. Whether you’re onstage or in the studio, an electric guitar is sure to turn heads and get people talking.
If you’re looking for a new instrument or simply want to add another one to your collection, an electric guitar is a great option. With its numerous advantages, an electric guitar is sure to give you hours of enjoyment whether you’re playing by yourself or with a band.
DISADVANTAGES OF AN ELECTRIC GUITAR
Disadvantages Of An Electric Guitar:
– They’re just not as “cool” as acoustic guitars. There’s just something about an acoustic guitar that makes you look cool, even if you’re not playing it. Maybe it’s the fact that they’ve been around for centuries, or maybe it’s because they’re just so darn classically “guitar-y.” But electric guitars will always be playing second fiddle in the coolness department.
– They require amplification, which can be a pain. If you want to play your electric guitar, you’re going to need an amplifier… and amplifiers can be expensive. Not to mention, they’re kind of a pain to lug around. If you’re looking for a convenient guitar option, an electric might not be the way to go.
– They can be difficult to learn on. If you’re a beginner guitarist, you might want to steer clear of electric guitars. They can be difficult to learn on, due largely in part to their amplified sound. Acoustic guitars, on the other hand, are much more forgiving when it comes to sloppy playing. So if you’re just starting out, you might want to consider going with an acoustic.
BUYING AN ACOUSTIC GUITAR FOR A BEGINNER
Buying an acoustic guitar for a beginner can be a daunting task. With so many different brands, models, and styles to choose from, it’s hard to know where to start. And once you’ve finally found the perfect guitar, you still need to contend with the cost. Luckily, there are a few tips that can help make the process of buying an acoustic guitar for a beginner a bit easier.
- First, it’s important to set a budget. This will help narrow down the field of options and make it easier to find the right guitar.
- Second, try to find a guitar that’s comfortable to play. This is especially important for beginners, as an uncomfortable guitar can make playing less enjoyable and make it more difficult to learn.
- Finally, don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you’re not sure which guitar is right for you, ask a salesperson or another guitarist for advice. With these tips in mind, buying an acoustic guitar for a beginner should be a breeze.
ADVANTAGES OF AN ACOUSTIC GUITAR
The Advantages Of an Acoustic Guitar are:
- Acoustic guitars are popular for their versatility and portability. It can be used for various genres, from country to metal.
- Acoustic guitars are also much easier to transport than electric guitars, making them a great choice for traveling musicians.
- Another advantage of an acoustic guitar is that it doesn’t require an amplifier, which can be costly and bulky.
- Acoustic guitars are also relatively affordable, especially when compared to electric guitars.
- Finally, acoustic guitars have a natural feel and sound that many musicians prefer. They are also less likely to give feedback when amplifying them.
DISADVANTAGES OF AN ACOUSTIC GUITAR
Disadvantages Of an Acoustic Guitar:
-The main Disadvantage Of an Acoustic Guitar is that it can be quite difficult to keep in tune. This is because the strings are not anchored at the bridge like on an electric guitar, so they can slide out of tune very easily.
-Acoustic guitars are much more delicate than electric guitars and must be handled with care. The strings are tense and can break if the guitar is dropped or bumped too hard.
-Another disadvantage is that acoustic guitars can be quite expensive, especially if you want a good quality one. They are also not as loud as electric guitars, so you may need to use an amplifier if you’re playing in a band.
WHAT IS AN ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC GUITAR?
Acoustic-electric guitars are exactly what they sound like – a combination of an acoustic guitar and an electric guitar. Acoustic guitars are well known for their mellow, warm sound that is perfect for unplugged performances, while electric guitars are known for their sharp, distorted sound that is perfect for rock concerts. Acoustic-electric guitars provide the best of both worlds, allowing players to get great sound both unplugged and plugged in. Acoustic-electric guitars typically have a pickup system built in, which allows them to be plugged into an amplifier or PA system. The Acoustic-electric guitars are a great choice for both beginners and experienced players alike.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A GUITAR?
When it comes to buying a guitar, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, think about the style of music you want to play. There are all sorts of guitars out there, from acoustic to electric, and each one is better suited for different genres. Once you’ve narrowed down your options, it’s time to take the plunge and try some out! The best way to figure out which guitar is right for you is to go to a music store and actually play some. Don’t be afraid to ask the staff for help; they’re there to assist you in finding the perfect instrument. And finally, don’t forget to factor in the price. Guitars can range wildly in price, so be sure to set a budget before you start shopping. With these guidelines in mind, you’re sure to find the perfect guitar for you.
DOES THE GUITAR STAY IN TUNE?
The debate over whether or not the guitar stays in tune is one that has been around for centuries. The answer, of course, is that it depends on the type of guitar you have and how well you take care of it. Acoustic guitars, for example, are notoriously difficult to keep in tune. This is because they are constantly exposed to changes in temperature and humidity, which can cause the wood to expand and contract. This can cause the strings to stretch or slacken, resulting in an out-of-tune sound.
Electric guitars are less prone to this problem, but they can still go out of tune if they are not properly maintained. For both types of guitars, regular tuning and maintenance is essential if you want them to stay in tune.
IS THE GUITAR NECK STRAIGHT?
Looking to see if the guitar neck is straight or not can be tricky. The first thing you’ll want to do is find a level surface to rest the guitar on, so you can get an accurate measurement. Once you have a level surface, you can measure the distance between the strings at the nut and at the 12th fret. If the distance is the same, then your guitar neck is most likely straight.
If the distance is different, then your guitar neck may be bent. You can also look at the relationship between the fretboard and the strings. If they are perpendicular, then your guitar neck is probably straight. If they are not perpendicular, then your guitar neck may be bent. Use these methods to check if your guitar neck is straight or not.
HOW FAR ARE THE STRINGS FROM THE FRETBOARD?
A question I get a lot is “How far are the strings from the fretboard?” The answer to this question can be found by using a simple ruler. Measuring the distance between the bottom of the low E string and the top of the 12th fret will give you an accurate measurement. For example, if the distance between the two points is 12.7mm, then the string is 12.7mm from the fretboard.
As a general rule, the higher the string is off the fretboard, the easier it is to play notes cleanly. Conversely, the closer the string is to the fretboard, the harder it is to play notes without buzzing. This is why most guitars have their action set so that there is a slight gap between the strings and the fretboard – it strikes a balance between playability and avoidances of buzzing. So, when somebody asks me how far are the strings from th efretboard, I’ll measure it for them and let them know!
CAN YOU COMFORTABLY REACH THE ENTIRE FRETBOARD?
Playing the guitar is a lot like driving a car—if you can’t reach the pedals, you’re in for a bad time. The same goes for the fretboard. If you can’t comfortably reach all the way up and down the fretboard, you’re going to have a tough time playing chords and melodies.
Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to make sure you can comfortably reach the entire fretboard. First, make sure your guitar is properly sized for your body. If it’s too big or too small, it will be difficult to reach all the way up and down the neck.
Second, practice stretching and exercises to increase your range of motion. This will help you to gradually increase your reach until you can comfortably stretch from one end of the fretboard to the other. With a little bit of effort, you’ll be able to reach the entire fretboard in no time comfortably!
ARE THE GUITAR ELECTRONICS IN GOOD CONDITION?
If you’re like most guitarists, you probably don’t give much thought to the condition of your guitar’s Electronics until something goes wrong. Then, it’s all you can think about! Whether it’s a noisy pot or a crackling switch, worn Electronics can be both frustrating and expensive to fix. So how can you avoid having to replace your Electronics prematurely? The best way is to take care of them from the start. Here are a few tips:
- Avoid exposing your Electronics to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
- Try not to get them wet. If you must, use a clean, dry cloth to wipe them down.
- Be gentle with them! Avoid rough treatment or excessive force when adjusting controls.
By following these simple guidelines will help ensure that your Electronics stay in good condition for years to come. Plus, they’ll save you money that you would otherwise have to spend on repairs or replacements. So take care of your gear, and it will take care of you.
BUYING A NEW VS. USED GUITAR
Buying a new guitar is a great feeling. It’s like you’re finally stepping up to the plate and saying, “I’m ready to rock.” But before you run out and drop a couple thousand dollars on the latest Fender Stratocaster, you might want to consider buying a used guitar instead. Here are a few things to keep in mind when making your decision:
- Buying a used guitar means you can get more bang for your buck. You can find some great deals on used guitars, especially if you’re willing to do a little research.
- Buying a new guitar means you’ll be the first owner and you’ll have no idea how it’s been treated. With a used guitar, you at least know that it’s been played before and didn’t just sit in some warehouse gathering dust.
- Buying a new guitar means you might have to deal with some warranty issues down the road if something goes wrong. With a used guitar, what you see is what you get. If it needs repairs, that’s just something you’ll have to deal with.
So, which is better? Buying a new guitar or used guitar? There’s no right or wrong answer, it just depends on what your person preferences are. If you’re looking for the best deal possible, go with a used guitar. If you want the peace of mind that comes with buying a brand new instrument, go that route instead. Whichever way you go, just make sure you enjoy the process and end up with a guitar that YOU love!
ADVANTAGES OF BUYING A NEW GUITAR
Advantages Of Buying A New Guitar:
You’re The First Owner
This is probably the best advantage of buying a new guitar. Being the first owner, you can be sure that no one has used it before and abused it. The strings are still new so they haven’t been stretched out yet. All the parts are still new and in pristine condition. In short, you’re getting a guitar that’s as close to perfect as possible.
It Comes With A Warranty
When you buy a new guitar, it usually comes with a warranty from the manufacturer. This means that if anything goes wrong with the guitar within the specified time period, you can simply take it back to the store and get it fixed or replaced for free.
You Know What You’re Getting
You know exactly what you’re getting when you buy a new guitar. There’s no guessing involved. You know that all the parts are new and of good quality. Likewise, the person who assembled the guitar knew what they were doing.
You Can GetIt Customized
If you buy a new guitar, you can often have it customized to your specific preferences. For example, you can choose the type of wood, the color, the hardware, and even the pickups.
It’s A Great Investment
A new guitar is a great investment because it will hold its value over time. If you take care of it and don’t abuse it, your guitar will likely last for many years and can even be passed down to future generations.
ADVANTAGES OF BUYING A USED GUITAR
Advantages Of Buying A Used Guitar: Advantages Of Buying A Used Guitar
- You can save a lot of money: Buying a used guitar can save you a lot of money as compared to buying a new one.
- You can get a better quality instrument: Sometimes, you can get a better quality instrument for the same price or even less when you buy used.
- You can find a rare gem: When you buy used, you have a chance of finding that hidden gem that’s no longer in production.
- You can get a vintage instrument: Vintage instruments are usually only available used. If you’re looking for that classic sound, buying used is your best bet.
- You can avoid the depreciation hit: New guitars depreciate the moment they’re bought. By buying used, you avoid that initial loss in value.
- You have more bargaining power: When negotiating for a used guitar, you have more room to haggle and get the price down to something you’re comfortable with.
All in all, there are many advantages to buying a used guitar instead of a new one. So if you’re looking to save some money or get your hands on a rare find, don’t hesitate to check out the used market!
SELECT THE RIGHT GUITAR SIZE
You finally decided to take the plunge and learn guitar. Now, the next thing on your list is to buy a guitar. You walk into the store, and the first thing you see is a wall of guitars in different shapes and sizes. How are you supposed to know which one is right for you?
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the right guitar size:
- If you’re a child or have small hands, look for a ½ or 3/4 size guitar. These are smaller in length and have narrower necks, so they’ll be more comfortable to play.
- If you’re an adult with average-sized hands, look for a ¾ or full-size guitar. These are regular sized guitars that will be easy for you to play.
- If you’re an adult with large hands, look for a jumbo guitar. These have larger bodies and wide necks, so they’ll be comfortable for you to play.
The most important thing is to find a guitar that’s comfortable for you to play. Once you’ve found the right size, then you can worry about things like color and style. So don’t be afraid to try out a few different guitars until you find the perfect one for you.
GUITAR SIZING CHART
- ½ size guitar: For children or adults with small hands. Length is about 36 inches, and the neck is narrower than a ¾ or full-size guitar.
- ¾ size guitar: For adult beginners with average-sized hands. Length is about 39 inches, and the neck is narrower than a full-size guitar.
- Full size guitar: For adult beginners with large hands. Length is about 41 inches, and the neck is wide enough for comfortable playing.
- Jumbo guitar: For adults with very large hands. Length is about 44 inches, and the neck is extra wide for comfortable playing.
Now that you know how to choose the right guitar size, it’s time to start shopping! There are a lot of great guitars out there, so take your time and find the perfect one for you.
TOTAL LENGTH VS. SCALE LENGTH OF A GUITAR
When shopping for a guitar, you’ll come across two different measurements: total length and scale length. But what’s the difference between these two measures?
Total length is the overall length of the guitar, from the bottom of the body to the top of the headstock. Scale length, on the other hand, is the distance between the nut and the saddle. This is the playable length of the string, and it’s what determines the pitch of the note.
Guitarists usually prefer longer scale lengths because they produce a clearer, more defined sound. But if you have small hands, a shorter scale length might be more comfortable for you to play. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which scale length is right for you.
PICKING THE RIGHT GUITAR STRINGS
Now that you have your guitar, it’s time to choose the right strings. There are a lot of different types of strings out there, so how do you know which ones are right for you?
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing guitar strings:
- The type of string: There are two main types of strings: steel and nylon. Steel strings are the most common type, and they’re typically used for electric and folk guitars. Nylon strings are typically used for classical and flamenco guitars.
- The gauge of the string: This is the thickness of the string, and it’s measured in thousandths of an inch. The thicker the string, the louder and fuller the sound. But if you have small hands, a thinner string might be more comfortable for you to play.
- The material of the string: The most common materials used for guitar strings are bronze, brass, and stainless steel. Bronze strings have a bright, mellow sound. Brass strings have a brighter sound. And stainless steel strings have a sharper, clearer sound.
- The coating of the string: Some strings are coated with a thin layer of plastic or other material. This can help to prolong the life of the string and make it sound better.
Once you’ve chosen the right strings, it’s time to put them on your guitar. If you’re not sure how to do this, there are plenty of online tutorials and YouTube videos that can help. Just make sure you use the right type of string for your guitar.
BEST GUITAR BRANDS FOR LEARNING
Now that you have your guitar and strings, it’s time to start learning! But where do you start? Here are a few of the best guitar brands for beginners:
Fender is one of the most popular guitar brands in the world, and their guitars are perfect for beginners. They offer a wide range of styles and prices, so you can find the perfect guitar for you.
Yamaha is another great option for beginners. Their guitars are well-made and affordably priced, and they offer a wide range of styles to choose from.
Epiphone is a subsidiary of Gibson, and they make some of the best beginner guitars on the market. They’re well-made and affordable, and they offer a wide range of styles to choose from.
Ibanez is a Japanese guitar company that offers a wide range of electric and acoustic guitars. Their guitars are well-made and affordably priced, and they offer a wide range of styles to choose from.
Cordoba is a Spanish guitar company that offers a wide range of nylon-stringed acoustic guitars. Their guitars are well-made and affordably priced, and they offer a wide range of styles to choose from.
No matter what brand you choose, make sure you get a guitar that’s comfortable for you to play. And don’t be afraid to ask for help from a friend or family member who plays guitar. They can help you find the perfect guitar for you and give you advice on how to get started.
BUYING A FENDER SQUIER VS. GIBSON EPIPHONE GUITAR TO LEARN ON
There are a lot of different brands of guitars out there, and it can be tough to decide which one to buy. If you’re just starting out, it’s important to find a guitar that’s comfortable for you to play and within your budget. Here’s a closer look at two of the most popular beginner guitar brands: Fender Squier and Gibson Epiphone.
Fender Squier: Fender Squier is a subsidiary of Fender, and they offer a wide range of electric and acoustic guitars. Their guitars are well-made and affordably priced, and they offer a wide range of styles to choose from.
Gibson Epiphone: Epiphone is a subsidiary of Gibson, and they make some of the best beginner guitars on the market. They’re well-made and affordable, and they offer a wide range of styles to choose from.
So, which one should you buy? If you’re just starting out, we recommend going with a Fender Squier. They’re a great option for beginners, and they offer a wide range of styles to choose from. If you’re looking for an affordable guitar, we recommend going with an Epiphone. And if you’re looking for the best possible guitar, we recommend going with a Gibson.
ARE THESE BRANDS GOOD FOR BEGINNERS?
Now that you know a little bit more about some of the most popular guitar brands, you might be wondering if they’re good for beginners. The truth is, there are good and bad beginner guitars out there from all different brands. It’s important to find a guitar that’s comfortable for you to play and within your budget. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you’re shopping for a beginner guitar:
- Look for a guitar that’s comfortable for you to hold and play.
- Make sure the guitar is in your price range.
- Choose a guitar that has good reviews from other beginners.
- Avoid guitars that are difficult to tune or that have a lot of strings.
- Get a guitar that’s the right size for you.
If you’re just starting out, we recommend going with a Fender Squier or Gibson Epiphone. They’re both great options for beginners, and they offer a wide range of styles to choose from.
OTHER GOOD GUITAR BRANDS FOR BEGINNERS
In addition to Fender Squier and Gibson Epiphone, there are a few other good guitar brands for beginners. Here are a few of our favorites:
Yamaha is a Japanese company that offers a wide range of electric and acoustic guitars. Their guitars are well-made and affordably priced, and they offer a wide range of styles to choose from.
Takamine is a Japanese guitar company that offers a wide range of acoustic guitars. Their guitars are well-made and affordably priced, and they offer a wide range of styles to choose from.
If you’re just starting out, we recommend going with a Fender Squier, Gibson Epiphone, or Yamaha. They’re all great options for beginners
WHERE TO BUY A GUITAR FOR BEGINNERS?
Now that you know a little bit more about some of the best guitar brands for beginners, you might be wondering where to buy one. There are a few different places you can buy a beginner guitar, including:
- Local music stores: Local music stores are a great place to start your search for a beginner guitar. They’ll have a wide range of options to choose from, and they’ll be able to help you find the right guitar for your needs.
- Online retailers: Online retailers like Amazon offer a wide range of guitars for beginners. You can often find good deals on guitars, and you’ll have a wide range of options to choose from.
- / Many guitar manufacturers have websites where you can buy their guitars. This is a great option if you know which brand you want to buy.
If you’re just starting out, we recommend buying your guitar from a local music store or online retailer. They’ll have a wide range of options to choose from, and they’ll be able to help you find the right guitar for your needs.
WHAT ARE SOME GUITAR ACCESSORIES YOU WILL NEED?
Guitar accessories are often overlooked but are just as important as the guitar itself. Here is a list of must-have accessories for any guitarist or for anyone who is to buy a new guitar:
A good case will protect your guitar from all the elements and keep it looking like new. Cases come in all shapes and sizes, so make sure to get one that fits your guitar perfectly.
You will need to replace your strings regularly, so it’s a good idea to keep a few sets on hand. Different types of strings will produce different sound qualities, so experiment to find the right ones for you.
This is an essential tool for keeping your guitar in tune. Guitar tuners come in all sorts of designs, so find one that’s easy for you to use.
These are small but essential pieces of gear. Guitar picks come in all sorts of materials, thicknesses, and shapes, so try out a few different types to find the ones you like best.
A capo is a handy tool that allows you to change the pitch of your strings without changing the tuning of your guitar. This can be helpful when you want to play in a different key or when you want to create interesting sound effects.
A strap is necessary if you want to play your guitar standing up. Guitar straps come in a variety of materials and designs, so choose one that’s comfortable and looks good with your guitar.
You’ll need cables to connect your guitar to an amplifier or other devices. Make sure to get high-quality cables that are the right length for your needs.
An amplifier is essential if you want to rock out! There are all sorts of amplifiers available, so do some research to find the one that’s right for you.
Pricing For Your New Guitar
Now that you know what to look for in a guitar, you might be wondering how much you should expect to pay. Acoustic guitars typically range from $100-$500, while electric guitars range from $200-$2,000. Of course, there are always exceptions to these prices, but this should give you a general idea of what to expect.
If you’re just starting out, we recommend buying an acoustic guitar. They’re typically less expensive than electric guitars, and they’re a great way to get started. You can always buy an electric guitar later on if you decide you want one.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
What Are The Best Music Website Builders For Marketing Your Music?
The list of the best 10 music website builders for Marketing your music is below:
4. WordPress with Divi Theme & Page Builder
What Are The Ways To Promote Your Music?
There are numerous ways to promote your music:
- You can start by performing at local venues and open mics. This will help you get your name out there and give you the opportunity to build a following.
- You can also promote your music online through social media and streaming platforms.
- Make sure to post regularly and interact with your fans to keep them engaged.
- You can also submit your music to blogs and podcasts for exposure.
- Consider entering competitions and attending music festivals. These events can help you reach a wider audience and potentially land a record deal.
There are a few things you should keep in mind before buying a new guitar. First, decide which type of guitar you want to buy.
Acoustic guitars are typically less expensive than electric guitars, and they’re a great way to get started. You can always buy an electric guitar later on if you decide you want one. Second, think about what type of music you want to play.
Different types of guitars will produce different sound qualities, so make sure to choose the right one for your needs.
Third, consider how much money you’re willing to spend. Guitars range in price from $100-$2,000, so there’s something for everyone. Finally, take into account the accessories you’ll need. Accessories like cases, strings, tuners, and cables are essential pieces of gear for any guitarist.