If you want a break from your TikTok world, you have many other options than deleting your TikTok account. Like, preventing other users from finding you, or deleting the TikTok app from your mobile phone, controlling who can send you message and post comments on your videos. If not, you can temporarily deactivate your TikTok account for a while. However, if you want to permanently delete TikTok account here is the guide which you are looking for.
Deleting the TikTok account will permanently erase all your data on your account and you have no option to get back to your account.
How To Delete TikTok Account?
Only a short while ago, users had to contact to TikTok customer support in order to delete their TikTok account. However, the recent update has made this task much quicker as a user can delete their TikTok account with just a tap of a button.
To delete the TikTok account, however, requires you to add a phone number first as the app will send a verification to your registered phone number. Here is how you can add a phone number in TikTok to verify your account.
If you have already added your phone number to TikTok you can skip this step.
Adding a Phone Number To TikTok
- Launch the Tiktok app on your smartphone.
- Then, tap on the profile icon “Me icon,” from the lower right corner of your TikTok feeds. If you are logged out, log in to your account first.
- Now, from your profile tap on the three vertical dots, that’s on the upper right corner of your screen. Then tap on Manage my account tab from Account settings.
- Now, locate the “Phone Number” option from Manage my account page and tap on it.
- Finally, insert your phone number in the text field and verify your phone number with an OTP code (One Time Password) that the app sends you in your phone number.
Step To Delete TikTok Account
Now that you have added a verified phone number to your account, let’s begin to delete your TikTok account.
- Launch your TikTok application and tap on the profile icon from the bottom of your screen.
- From your profile page, tap on the three vertical dots to open the hidden menus.
- Now, select Manage my account under Accounts tap from the Settings menu.
- Now, locate the Delete account link on the page and tap on it.
- Next, you will need to verify your phone number by adding the OPT code that you received on your phone to the Verification Code textbox of the account deletion page.
- Finally, tap on the Continue button to complete the process of deleting your TikTok account.
Note: Once you delete the TikTok account, the account cannot be recovered. And the information that isn’t saved in your account such as comments in a video will remain visible to other users of the TikTok platform even after you delete your account. So, think twice before you delete your TikTok account.
Alternatives To Deleting a TikTok Account
If you don’t want to lose your Fans, your content on the TikTok, then do not delete your TikTok account. If you are taking a temporary break from TikTok, you can choose alternatives to deleting a TikTok account. This is because the video-sharing platform offers some advanced options that will enable you to keep your account while remaining completely invisible on the platform. That’s why you don’t need to delete your TikTok account.
Here are some of the alternatives to deleting a TikTok Account:
Set Your Account To Private
When you create a TikTok account, it is by-default public. However, you can use it in Private Mode by toggling some of the privacy features from the settings. Once you switch to private mode, the app enables you to control who can send your request, who can see your content or who can comment on your content.
Here is how you can set your TikTok account to private: From Tiktok Feed > your profile > settings > Privacy and safety > toggle on Private Account.
First, open your TikTok account and tap on Me icon from the bottom right corner of your screen. Then from your profile tap on the three vertical dots, that’s on the upper right corner of your screen. Then from the list of settings, tap on Privacy and safety. From the Privacy and safety page toggle on Private Account.
Prevent Other Users From Finding Your
If you disable Allow others to find me option, you are preventing users to find you. In short, you will not come up with the suggested users to follow the page on TikTok.
So, prevent other users from finding you here is what you can do: From Tiktok Feed > your profile > settings > Privacy and safety > toggle off Allow others to find me.
You can switch the setting back at any time you decide that you want to be featured in follower suggestions.
Control User Engagement
In TikTok, you can limit the number of people who can get in touch with you. You can filter some Safety features like: Who can post comments, who can send me a message, who can react on my videos, who can duet. You can set all the settings to Just Friends if you want to avoid receiving a message from other TikTok users you don’t know. Or you can switch the safety option to Off to stop user engagement.
From Tiktok Feed > your profile > settings > Privacy and safety > Safety
Once You Delete Your TikTok Account:
- You will lose all your data, fans, comments, contents.
- You will no longer be able to log in to your TikTok from the account you just deleted.
- If you used premium service, you will not get a refund on any items you have purchased.
- The messages that you left on other’s content, chats will still be visible to others.
There you go, the information presented above is a step by step guide on how to delete the TikTok account and alternative to delete your account. It’s up to you to erase all your data and move forward or go for alternatives to deleting your account if you don’t want to erase your data.
Was this article helpful? If you have any queries regarding the topic then let me know in the comment section and want to learn more tips about TikTok then visit our official site Online Help Guide.