iMessage: A Powerful iPhone Tool
iMessage is Apple’s own instant message platform launched in 2011. This lets the users send messages over the Internet, using Wifi or your data.
After Apple Inc. released iMessage, the users loved the concept of this messaging platform. They were able to send both SMS text messages and pictures or videos along with the texts from iMessage on their iPhones or iPad.
Also, the visual change of the messages helped the users to distinguish between iMessage and SMS. The regular green bubble of a normal text was changed into the blue for iMessage. Since its release, the users we’re so addicted to iMessage that even other companies tried to create similar kinds of service but couldn’t receive equal success.
What is so great about iMessage?
iMessage comes preinstalled on the iPhone, so the users have it easy. As you already know that iMessage sends not only texts but photos and other large files using Wifi, this might help you in saving carrier charges. Apart from supporting SMS, iMessage encrypts messages from end-to-end. You can breathe a sigh of relief because your encrypted messages cannot be accessed without your passcode. You have the choice of deleting your messages automatically after 30 days or a year or keep them on your device forever. iMessage can turn your boring texts into a fun way of communication as it’s packed with features like Animoji and Memoji.
iOS provides each iMessage app users with a random identifier so when you uninstall the app, it can be reset. By turning the Cloud Backup On you can always back up iMessage and SMS messages on iCloud for your own ease. You can also send and receive money from iPhone users using Apple Pay within the app.
Last but not the least, you can also take advantage of Hide Alerts when you don’t feel like chatting in a noisy group. Isn’t it a savior?
How to enable iMessage?
In order to activate Apple’s exclusive chat service, just follow these simple 4 steps:
- Unlock your iPhone and tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and select Messages in Settings.
- At the top of the screen, you will find the iMessage option with a slider on the right.
- Tap the slider to make it green.
Now your iMessage is enabled and you will start receiving the blue text bubbles while chatting.
How to use iMessage? Where to send an iMessage from?
Once you have set up iMessage on your iPhone phone then you are ready to enjoy all the features that iMessage has stored for you. Just tap on the familiar green Messages app on your phone and send texts like you normally do. Oh! Don’t forget to send photos and videos to make your texts interesting.
Remember that iMessage works automatically as long as you are messaging another iOS device. There won’t be a separate app or protocol to use for this.
Unlink phone number from iMessage
You can either use your phone number or email to register for iMessage. One iMessage account can be used on all your Apple devices to receive messages from iMessage. But, this can be bothering sometimes and you might want to remove the phone number from iMessage. Here are the steps to remove a phone number from iMessage:
Unlink phone number from iMessage on iPhone
- Open Settings on your iPhone and go to the Messages
- Turn off the iMessage slider and go back to Settings.
- Go to FaceTime and slide the FaceTime slider to off mode as well.
This is how your phone number will get removed from iMessage on iPhone.
Unlink phone number from iMessage on iPad
If you have synced iMessages to your Apple ID in iMessage app on iPad, then follow these steps to remove your phone number on iPad:
- Open Settings on your iPad and go to the Messages
- Select the Send and Receive
- Under YOU CAN BE REACHED BY option you will find your phone number. Remove the check sign from your phone number by simply tapping it.
This will remove your phone number from iMessage on the iPad.
Unlink phone number from iMessage on Mac
Imagine getting notifications of iMessage on your Mac when you are working on it. It can be quite disturbing when you receive iMessage every time you’re doing something important on Mac. Relax and follow these steps to shoo that disturbance away.
- Open Messages app on Mac and select Messages
- Select the Preferences option under Messages.
- Select the Accounts tab to check all the accounts on your Mac.
- Click on your message account. You will find your phone number under You can be reached for a message at.
- Remove the check sign from your phone number.
- Now, go to FaceTime and click on the Preferences option under the FaceTime
- Select Settings and again remove the check sign from your phone number.
This will remove your phone number from iMessage on Mac.
Update your phone number for iMessage
Maybe you are getting bored using the same phone number on iMessage. Maybe the time has arrived to change the iMessage number. After receiving exciting offers at affordable prices from carriers, you might want to switch.
Although iMessage is connected to the Apple ID and phone, you can swiftly change the sim card and phone number. There will be no issue in continuing communication on iMessage using the updated mobile number. Thanks to Apple Inc. because the added features on the iOS mobile operating system have made everything easy. These are a few steps to replace your phone number on iMessage:
- Take out your existing sim card from your phone with the sim injecting tool.
- Go to the Settings and tap on the Messages Turn the slider off of iMessage.
- Go back and tap on FaceTime settings to turn it off as well.
- Switch off your iPhone and put the new sim card on your phone.
- Wait for a while and switch on the phone. The new number will come on the iMessage.
- Click on Settings Tap on the Phone option and select My Number.
- Return back to Settings and tap on Messages.
- Turn on the iMessage slider to enable iMessage with your new phone number. Turn on the FaceTime slider too.
This will send an SMS to Apple’s servers (in the background) and your iMessage will get activated for the new number.
Fix greyed out a phone number in iMessage
Have you upgraded your iPhone to iOS 8 or above? If yes, then you must have noticed that the option to use your phone number for iMessage doesn’t seem to available. Of course, you can find your phone number listed in Settings. However, you will not be able to select the phone number because it is greyed out. Your phone will start using email to send messages to everyone. Deactivating and reactivating the iCloud or working on a backup won’t do the trick. Here’s the hack to fix this issue:
- Open Settings. Select the Messages option and turn the iMessage slider off. Disable the FaceTime as well.
- Select General and go to Reset. Then, select Reset Your Network Setting
- Turn the sliders of iMessage and FaceTime to on mode again.
You will be able to send messages on iMessage from your phone number. This is a 2-in-1 hack because it also fixes an issue where you are given a temporary phone number when buying a new iPhone and that temporary number remains as your phone number for iMessage even after you put your own original number.
Ther you go, everything about the unlink phone number from iMessage. Update, Change, Fix, Unlink phone number from iMessage, I hope this will solve your problems regarding phone number on iMessage.
If you have any problem regarding this article ‘Unlink Phone Number From iMessage’ you can leave us a comment in our comment section below. You can also contact us from our official website Online Help Guide.