You need a password to sign in to an account. How many accounts have you created? Do you remember each and every account’s password, passcodes or any authentication methods? In fact No right? Den what do you do? Most probably you create a similar password to each and every account. And however if I am not wrong, the same password for most of your account. And do you think it’s secure? Absolutely not!!!!! In case a person hacks one of your accounts all of your account will be hacked. Creating a strong password can help you protect your account however, they are still not that sage. However, that’s not the case with Yahoo Account Key. Setup Yahoo Account Key is the best solution for securing your Yahoo Account.
Likewise, if a person hacks your yahoo account, the hacker will have access to all the associated accounts that you created with a yahoo mail account. So it’s a topmost priority to secure your yahoo account as well. Therefore, set up yahoo mail account key today and make your account secure.
What is Yahoo Account Key?
Yahoo Account Key is a new security feature that Yahoo enabled in its email services to eliminate the use of a password to login to the Yahoo Mail account. This feature allows you to access your Yahoo Mail with a simple click on your mobile phone. Every time you log in to Yahoo Mail, you will receive the account key which you will have to use to verify your account. With Yahoo Account Key you will never need a password ever again, let your phone be your password. Therefore, you will have physical verification from a trusted mobile device in place of relying on a string of characters that can be hacked.
Before going into the main topic here are the requirements:
- You need to have access to a Yahoo Mail account; in not create a yahoo mail account today.
- A smartphone, Android or IOS devices.
- Installed Yahoo Mail app on your Smartphone.
Step by Step Guide to Setup Yahoo Account Key
- First, download and launch the Yahoo mail mobile application on your Android or IOS Device.
- After that, sign in to your Yahoo Account with your username and password.
- Now, tap on the menu icon on the top left corner of the screen. The menu icon is the three vertical lines. This step is for the old Yahoo app users.
In case, if your application is updated with the newer version. However, you will see your profile on the top right corner click it or swipe your screen left to right. This will open up your menu.
- In the Menu, you will see “Account key” right below your email address or Key icon next to your email address if you have the older version of the Yahoo Mail app. So, Click the Account key.
- Next, the Yahoo app will take you to a new page with the title Yahoo Account key. After that click Set up Account Key button.
- Now, yahoo will generate a sample account key. Click the Green Checkmark on the Sample Account Key Screen. This will take some time to load.
- Once the setup is completed you will be redirected to a new page. Tap Got it button.
- After that, verify your mobile number, and click Enable Yahoo Account Key button.
Note: if a wring phone number shows up on the screen click Upgrade my phone number button to enter the correct phone number.
- Finally, click Great, got it Congratulations, you have successfully enabled Yahoo Account Key.
After that use that Key to log into your account.
Note: Do not sign out of your Yahoo Mail account on your mobile app this will enable push notification which may charge some penny to send messages to your mobile phone you just verified.
To provide extra security Yahoo will sometimes prompt you to enter an Account key which will be sent to the app you have your Yahoo account log into.
How to use your Yahoo Account Key?
After you set up your Yahoo Account Key, it is now time to use it to log into your account for the first time.
- Open up your browser,
- Navigate to Yahoo’s official home page yahoo.com.
- Now click on a sign in button on the top right.
- Enter your Yahoo email account and click Next
- Now, you will be notified on your mobile app where you set up the Yahoo Account Key. Here you can allow or deny the sign-in request. After that tap on Yes to proceed to sign in to your account. Similarly, tap on No to discard if in case you didn’t try signing into your Yahoo mail.
if you didn’t receive a notification on your mobile phone, you can click the Resend button to resend the notification.
- After taping yes, you will get access to your yahoo email account.
How to Disable Yahoo Account Key?
You may also need to disable Yahoo Account Key for some reason. You can do that too; just follow the following steps.
- Open up your Yahoo Mail application on your mobile phone. However, if you don’t have one, download it from the Play Store on Android or the App Store on the IOS.
- Now, open up your Yahoo Application
- Tap on the menu icon or the profile icon on your top right or swipe left to right to open up a menu.
- After that, click on the key icon if you see right beside your name or tab account key right below your account name.
- On the next page, tap on the Manage Account Key option from the list.
- You will see a list of mobile phone that has your yahoo logged into.
- There is a switch icon right beside every device, to stop push notification disable by clicking the switch.
- To disable the account key, just tap on “Disable Account Key” at the bottom of your screen.
Here you go, you have a successful Disabled account key.
- Finally, your account key has been disabled. So click the Got it button to end the process.
If you have any questions regarding this article or any queries on yahoo, feel free to contact us on our website Onlinehellpguide.