Nowadays, email is an effective means of communication to connect with people, which increases the flow of information. We usually need to open our browser in order to access the email service in our Windows, which is actually a long process for us. Nobody likes to wait for certain minutes to access their email in windows, which is also time-consuming when we have a busy schedule in our life.
So, you might be questioning yourself, “Is there any way to access the e-mail in windows without opening the browser?”
Yes, there is a way where you can access your other e-mail account in windows with just one click. The window has a feature called “Window mail,” which lets you add your Webmail accounts. It doesn’t matter which Webmail you are using; Window mail let you access to your accounts without any complication.
Today, I will be taking on accessing AOL email in three different Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows Vista. There is a slightly different process in every Windows to Access your AOL email, but don’t worry, I have explained the easiest way on How to access AOL email in Windows Mail.
So, let’s get started and follow the procedure steps by steps down below
How to access AOL email in Window mail?
There is a simple way to add your AOL email in Windows mail if you are using Windows 10 on your computer. So how can you do that?
- Go to the search field on the windows taskbar down below.
- Now, type “Window mail” in the search field that will show the default mail of the Windows.
- Now, click on the “Mail app” that opens the mail page on your window.
- After that, hovers your mouse to the “Accounts,” which is at the upper left side of the mail page. And choose that option which opens the “Manage accounts” page on the left side of the mail page.
- Once you open the Manage Accounts page, pick the “Add account” option under the Link inboxes option that opens the tab where you can add your Webmail accounts.
Note: You can add your other mail account in Windows Mail.
- Now, scroll down and click on “Other account” from a various list of options that open the page where you can add your AOL mail account.
- After that, Enter your AOL “Email address” in the first text filed then enter your desired name in the second text field. After that, type your AOL mail “Password” and click on the “Sign in” button, which is at the end of the page.
- Now, it shows the message, “Your account was set up successfully.” Finally, click on the “Done” button to end the process.
This way, you can add your AOL email in Windows Mail. Now you can read or compose new messages and connect with people all around the world.
There are a little bit of more steps while using your AOL mail in Windows 8 for the very first time. It automatically pop-up the email account wizard, which asks you to set up an account. So, I recommended you to skip down to step 5 before starting to access the actual AOL account. If you have already set up your account in the Windows 8 mail app but want to add another account, just follow the steps which I have explained down below.
- First of all, Open your mail app and hold down the Windows Key and press C that opens the mail app page.
- Now, Click on the “settings” option from the menu, which is on the right side of the screen.Advertisement
- After that, choose “Accounts” that pop-up the “Add an account” window in order to set up your AOL mail account in Windows Mail.
- You will see lists of available email services in the window. Among them, click on “AOL,” and it asks for your AOL email address and password.
- Now, enter your AOL “email address” and “password” in the text field.
- Finally, click on the “Continue” button to add your AOL email account in the Mail app.
Note: For the first time you can’t see any AOL messages in your mail app, it’s because you don’t receive any new messages. So, mail gives you an option to access your AOL older mails, which shows messages like “No message from the last month. To get older messages, go to Settings.”
- So, click that link in order to open the settings page.
- After that, choose the time which is under the “Download email from” section.
- At last, click “Back” in your email to close the menu option.
Now, you have successfully added your AOL email in your Windows 8.
When you are adding your AOL email account for the first time in Windows Vista, and then follow procedure steps by steps down below.
- Open your Mail app and then type your “Name” in the text field and click on the “Next” button, which opens the new page.
- After that, Enter your AOL email account and click the “Next” button.
- Now, choose the POP3 in the drop-down menu then fill out the area with this information:
Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP) server: pop.aol.com
Outgoing e-mail server (SMTP) name: smtp.aol.com
- Do not forget to check the “Outgoing server requires authentication” and then click the “Next” button.
- Now, “Enter” email username in the text field.
Note: Do not type @aol.com; just type your username like demoname.
- Now, enter the required “Password” in the password field and do not forget to check on “Remember password.” After that, click the “Next” button.
- Finally, you have successfully set up your AOL account and at last, click on the “Finish” button to end the process.
Note: Check on “Do not download my e-mail at this time” option if you want to download all your AOL mail later.
Congratulations, you have successfully added your AOL email account in Window Vista.
Tips for Window mail
Always put your Mail app into the Windows taskbar on your computer, which helps you to let access it easily with just one click. Now thank me for this tip.
In this way, you can access your AOL email in Window mail without opening any browser on your computer. Whether you are using Windows 10, 8, or Vista, you can add your AOL email with these simple steps, which I have explained above.
Get stuck when you try to access your AOL mail in Windows? then leave a query in the comment section down below. We will clear your path while accessing your AOL mail in any windows. And, if you want to learn more tips on AOL mail, then check out our official website online help guide for AOL related article.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article!