YouTube TV is the popular live TV streaming, which is basically designed for those who have cut off or don’t want to use cable subscriptions. It provides various mixes of features to the users who are engaging and fun. You can also get access to your favorite top-notch live TV from 85+ channels, but here’s a question for you? Why do you want to cancel YouTube TV? Is it because of the ads, needs Google Chromecast for TV stream or price (which is a hike from $50/month to $65/month from July 31). Whatever the reason you came into the right article, here learn how to cancel YouTube TV.
YouTube TV provides the easiest way to cancel their subscription or membership. Just log in>profile icon>settings>membership>cancel membership. But remember, you will lose all the things which you have saved, recorded, or purchased before.
Besides, if you can also pause your subscription in case you miss the YouTube live streaming TV in the future.
Difference Between Pause and Cancel YouTube TV Subscription
YouTube TV provides a flexible option to its users after they become part of their Live TV streaming. How can YouTube TV easily let go of their users when they become their family for years and years. Considering this scenario, they offer two best option Pause and Cancel Membership/Subscription
If you don’t know what will happen when you pause or cancel your YouTube TV subscription then, you will be clear in this section.
When you pause your YouTube TV, then you can return back or join the live streaming once again. YouTube TV gives you 24 months (2 years) when you pause the live streaming service of YouTube TV. Sound interesting right or not? I think it’s the best option or choice on YouTube TV.
During your pause period, it won’t charge you any monthly cost, and your entire library recording will be kept. You can resume your subscription whenever you want as there is no any restriction. Later on, if you find that YouTube TV again provides a reasonable and flexible package, then join/get the membership.
If you think YouTube live streaming TV is not a great deal for you, then canceling membership will break the link from you and YouTube TV. In other words, you will lose everything and again start back from the beginning. There you have to again signup on YouTube TV and get the live streaming service.
What Will Happen When You Cancel YouTube TV?
When you cancel your YouTube TV, then you still have access to its live streaming service until the end of your payment.
Let’s get clear with an example: Suppose, you have made a payment from the month of May to June. If you cancel the subscription in mid-June, then you can still access the YouTube Live Streaming service to the end of June. It won’t suddenly cut or won’t let you enjoy the service.
But after the end of June, here are the things that will happen when you cancel YouTube TV subscription/membership.
- You will lose your entire recorded programs, which are saved in the library.
- You cannot get access to the add-on networks. This means YouTube TV won’t let you add any additional networks without the subscription or membership.
- Previously, if you have got the YouTube TV at an eligible price, then this time you won’t get that benefit.
- After canceling membership, Google can store your limited YouTube TV information such as zip code. This can help to prevent you from billing fraud.
How to Cancel YouTube TV | Cancel YouTube TV Membership on Computer
Now in this section, we will learn to cancel your YouTube TV Subscription or membership. The steps are straightforward and will complete in a few minutes.
You can easily cancel YouTube TV, whether you are on Windows/Mac/Linux. The process is the same.
So open your computer/laptop, and let’s cancel the YouTube TV.
- Go to YouTube TV or just type tv.youtube.com.
- Now, login with the required credential.
- Click on your profile icon located at the upper right corner on the screen.
- After that, select the Settings option from the drop-down menu. This will takes you to the YouTube TV settings page where you can cancel the membership/subscription.
- Click on the Membership tab from the left side panel.
- There you will see Pause and cancel membership option. We are here to cancel the YouTube TV subscription, right? So click on the Cancel Membership option at the end.
- Here, YouTube TV asks you why you are canceling the membership. You have to provide or choose the option of your reason for canceling. But remember, if you choose the “Other” option, then you have to write in-depth about your reason. So I recommend you to select different options.
- On the next page, YouTube TV again gives you one last chance of whether to pause or cancel membership in case you change your mind. If you don’t want to continue the YouTube TV, then click on the Cancel Membership button.
- Now, you have successfully canceled YouTube TV subscription.
How to Pause YouTube TV Subscription?
To pause the YouTube TV membership/subscription, some of the steps are the same, which we have seen during canceling. But still, I will show you the complete steps so that you won’t get lost here and there.
Okay, now let’s move to the simple steps down below.
- Open the YouTube TV or click on this link to direct access.
- Login into the account using your email address.
- Click on your Profile icon from the upper right corner.
- There, select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select the Membership option from the left side of the screen.
- So here, click on the Pause option, which is on the blue box.
- In the new page, it will show you the time when the Pause begins or start.
How to Cancel YouTube TV in Mobile Devices?
If you are using YouTube TV in your Smartphone and want to unsubscribe, then first you have to download the application. Then only after you can choose whether to pause or cancel the membership.
In this section, I will show the easy steps to cancel YouTube TV membership/subscription in both Android and IOS.
Cancel YouTube TV on Android
If you didn’t have a YouTube TV app on your Android device, then use the link to download the application. After that, follow the steps down below.
- Open the YouTube TV app on your mobile.
- Tap on your Profile located at the upper right corner.
- Now, tap on Settings
- Tap on Membership option under the settings.
- Tap on Pause or Cancel Subscription.
- Here, you can either choose the Pause Membership or Cancel option.
- If you choose the cancel option then it will ask you to select an option that why you are canceling the YouTube TV.
- After choosing the option, tap on Continue Canceling and again tap on Cancel Membership.
Cancel YouTube TV on iPhone/Ipad
For the IOS user download the app and then follow the steps down below.
- Download the app and sign on your YouTube TV.
- Now, go to the settings > Your Name > iTunes and App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID located at the top. After that, tap on View Apple ID (it may ask you to sign in).
- Scroll down and tap on the Subscriptions
- Now, tap on the YouTube TV subscription and then Cancel Subscription.
Note: The pause option is not available for the IOS users.
YouTube TV Customer Service
If you can’t cancel your membership/subscription of YouTube TV or want to talk to YouTube TV support then you can also contact it its support team.
YouTube TV also has some of the plus points regarding customer service. Take a closer look.
- Online 24/7 hrs
- Quick assistance
- Won’t charge any fee
- Remote Assistance
- Complete solution
- Available for remote desktop
You can contact to its toll-free number 844-545-3222 to get in touch.
You can also contact the YouTube TV support team using online interaction. For this, visit the YouTube TV help site.
After that, scroll down and click on the Contact us option. There, complete all 4 steps (let’s get started, Confirm issue, Issue details, Contact options)
During this process, you can choose either the direst chat or email option. Choose the options according to your preference.
Can You Cancel YouTube TV Anytime?
You can cancel your YouTube TV membership/subscription whenever you want. There is not any restriction for the users during the cancelation.
So if you want to take a break or have some issues from YouTube TV, then make your way to either pause or cancelation membership section.
If you are on a free trial, then canceling YouTube TV will immediately cut you off from its access. However, for the paid or purchased users, they still can use the YouTube live streaming service until the end of the pay period.
Can’t Cancel YouTube TV
Users can easily cancel their YouTube TV membership within a few minutes. All you have to do is log in to the account and cancel the subscription.
However, sometimes we find that users can’t properly cancel their Membership. Usually, the issues won’t come during the cancellation, but if having trouble, then do Contact to its customer support. They will help you to cancel your YouTube TV membership.
Is There a Cancellation Fee For YouTube TV?
No, YouTube TV won’t charge any cancellation fee for its users. You can cancel your Membership whenever you want without paying any bucks from your pocket.
Is It Hard to Cancel YouTube TV?
Some people who have access to YouTube TV don’t know to cancel the membership/subscription. They continuously use YouTube live streaming even though they want to cancel the Membership. But trust me, it not hard not even the slightest to cancel YouTube TV.
Just follow these simple few paths Profile Icon > Settings > Membership > Pause or Cancel Membership.
How Long Can You Pause YouTube TV?
You can Pause YouTube TV for up to 24 months. During that time, if you change your mind, then you can easily resume YouTube TV.
Besides, YouTube TV won’t take any action to your library recordings during the paused time. So, freely pause the Membership if you want to take a break from the live streaming.
How Long is a Free Trial For YouTube TV?
If you are planning to become a member of YouTube TV then you can use the 7 day/5 days free trial. During that time, you can test or check YouTube TV whether it’s suitable or better than cable TV. If you like YouTube TV services then after 7 days, you can purchase its subscription.
So whenever you get frustrated or want to take a break from YouTube TV, then choose the Pause membership option. But, if you don’t want to continue YouTube TV because of the price hike, then Cancelation Membership is the option that you can choose.
Just follow the above-mentioned steps, whether you want to pause or cancel Membership.
Was our article helpful? Leave comments down below.
Thanks for reading our article.